PDA

View Full Version : How often should i clean my BCM

pbmaster2k89
01-16-11, 14:47
after every time i shoot my rifle (usually 100 rounds a trip) i run a bore snake down the barrel, but as for heavy duty cleaning, like the basic ar15 cleaning video and sticky, after how many rounds fired should i give my rilfe a really good cleaning? i have gotten many different answers from people (im sure itll b the same here) but i figured if i get enough opinions i can decide on how often ill clean it.

Littlelebowski
01-16-11, 15:15
This is very basic stuff, easily answered with a search but anyway:

No more often than any other AR, every 1k rds or so or when accuracy/reliability drops off. Add lube eve 500 rds or so.

I'd lock this if I were a mod.

99HMC4
01-16-11, 15:20
As with anything in life, clean it when it's dirty. How dirty you want it between cleans is up to you. Normally waiting till it malefactions is to late. Learn your rifle and it will tell you when it wants to be cleaned....

pbmaster2k89
01-16-11, 15:23
This is very basic stuff, easily answered with a search but anyway:

No more often than any other AR, every 1k rds or so or when accuracy/reliability drops off. Add lube eve 500 rds or so.

I'd lock this if I were a mod.

yea i used the search tool and i didn't get much but thanks for the reply

dieselnut
01-16-11, 15:25
You know how you sometimes sit in front of a TV, just wasting a bit of time? Well, sit in front of the TV, put a nice thick towel over your lap, break down your AR and clean/lube slowly, meticulously, with tender love and care. The family dog may be jealous of the attention it's not getting, but cleaning your gun can be as relaxing and soothing as scratching a furry creature behind the ears. Just sayin' :)

GLOCKMASTER
01-16-11, 15:35
yea i used the search tool and i didn't get much but thanks for the reply

You must not have looked too hard.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=8180