PDA

View Full Version : PRI Gas Buster CH

Pappabear
01-16-11, 20:40
I have the Bravo Gun fighters but will be going SBR suppressed. Any opinions on these CH? Give me the good bad and ugly.

pb

sammage
01-16-11, 21:27
You could just modify your BCM CH, from USMC03's site: http://www.03designgroup.com/technotes/do-it-yourself-gas-buster-charging-handle

Iraqgunz
01-17-11, 01:28
I have both and use both and I cannot see a real difference to be honest.

Magic_Salad0892
01-17-11, 14:02
I broke my PRI handle.

Stick with BCM, and drill a gas escape port in each side, and use a bit of RTV silicon on the top.

That's what I did.

sabresbrs
01-17-11, 14:53
I run a gb ch on my suppressed sbr and you still get gas in your face, but alot less than a stock ch. IMO, the more adventageous quality of the pri gb is how strong it is and how big the latch is. I charge mine alot easier now. I recommend them, but search for a used one to save some $$$, or modify one of those BCM ones.

Pappabear
01-17-11, 16:48
I broke my PRI handle.

Stick with BCM, and drill a gas escape port in each side, and use a bit of RTV silicon on the top.

That's what I did.

anyone else drill holes, Makes sense. Got pics of those drilled out BCM CH.

cttbax
01-17-11, 17:04
The PRI gas buster does not eliminate gas in the face but it does a better job than a factory CH. It's a beefy design and feels solid to me...... Worth the price???? I would encourage you to try the rvt route first with your existing CH..... Just my 2 cents.:D

Fontaine
01-17-11, 20:12
I use the BCM charging handle with RTV Silicone and an "AR Gas Vent" and find it works great to alleviate gas face.

As luck would have it, I got to compared my combo directly with a PRI Gasbuster. A friend and I ran the first day of Magpul Carbine 2 with the exact same rifle and suppressor setup (14.5" rifle with AAC M4-2000) and the results were startling. He had a thick greasy black mark on his face at the end of the first day, whereas I had only a few specs of carbon after 700 rounds.

Pappabear
01-17-11, 22:34
Anyone have picks of their CH with drilled holes?

How big and where to drill ...Pic worth a thousand