PDA

View Full Version : Need non-padded shoulder straps for rig

NCPatrolAR
08-26-07, 18:30
Anyone know of a source for unpadded shoulder straps to fit an Eagle PH rig?

TimW
08-26-07, 19:02
Anyone know of a source for unpadded shoulder straps to fit an Eagle PH rig?

Not offhand. You can make them easily enough...get some 1.5" and 1" webbing, cut off the old buckles and sew it together. A home machine with heavy-duty nylon thread should work.

I know that the Gen2 LE chest rigs are coming out with non-padded shoulders, but I don't know if that extends to the PHUTV (Paul Howe) rig. One of the new LE chest rigs will be a 6 mag (2x3pockets) w/PALS webbing on the sides.

The big problem will be getting them from Eagle. They're in the midst of a government contract that I've been told goes until the end of October, with commercial production squeezed in as they can. Dealers are being told 14-16-18+ weeks for orders...I've got stuff on backorder since March.

So, you might just need to make them.

NCPatrolAR
08-26-07, 20:56
I dont have a sewing machine here, and no real apptitude to use one. :D ANy other recommendations?

Erick Gelhaus
08-26-07, 22:25
If Eagle's tied up, what about Eggroll or some of the other gear modifiers who do one-off stuff? Or is there a parachute facility near you? Maybe the riggers (FAA cert'd w/sewing machines) could do them for you.

Another option would be a civ backpack / mountaineering gear repair biz. I had a frmr rigger who worked for REI modify the heck out of my Lowe Vector ruck more than a few years back.

Sorry, best guesses off the top of my head.

NCPatrolAR
08-26-07, 23:46
Think I'll fire off an email or two and see what I can turn up.

ETA:

Emails out to Egg and John Willis

eggroll
08-27-07, 14:11
NC
back atcha

EGG