PDA

View Full Version : Can the Apex RAM cause a failure to reset?

mtdawg169
01-16-11, 22:15
I recently installed a RAM in my M&P9 FS. It already had the DCAEK kit installed and I've had no issues with it prior to today. I took the M&P out today to test fire after installing the RAM. I had 5 instances where the trigger failed to reset over the course of about 150 rounds. This never occurred before installing the RAM. Is it possible that the RAM could be causing the issue? If so, what can I do to resolve it? I do like the feel of the reset after installing the RAM, so I would like to continue using it if possible.

DocGKR
01-16-11, 22:17
Is it installed correctly and was the pistol reassembled properly?

Have you contacted Apex about this issue yet--BEFORE posting here?

mtdawg169
01-17-11, 07:40
Is it installed correctly and was the pistol reassembled properly?

Have you contacted Apex about this issue yet--BEFORE posting here?

Doc, I posted this here only because Randy and the Apex guys are active board members. It does appear to be installed correctly, but I plan on taking out the sear block and reinstalling it to be certain. I function checked the pistol by dry firinig it close to a hundred times over a couple of days and everything seemed to function as designed. It has an audible and tactile click when resetting. It only happened during live fire and it was intermittent. I'm wondering if it just needs a little lube?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cevtv
01-17-11, 09:40
Does the gun have the mag disconnect? This has been causing some issues with the RAM......

John_Wayne777
01-17-11, 10:55
I would encourage calling up Apex and talking to them directly. Randy and Co. do actively participate here and they have always been very helpful, but issues like this are better handled in private first so they have a chance to address it before a possible ding on their reputation goes "public", so to speak.

Note that the folks from Apex are probably busy at the SHOT show which starts this week. Therefore expect some delays in getting a response.