PDA

View Full Version : CT lasergrips for G19, which one is better?

grimm
01-17-11, 10:24
I am looking to get a set of CT lasergrips for the G19 and was wondering if I can get feedbacks from users of both styles. Unfortunately, I can't find a store with the newer front activated one. The rear activated version feels good but not sold yet on the manner it gets activated. Does the front version add girth to the grip? Does it fit holsters made for a standard G19? Thanks.

brushy bill
01-17-11, 17:26
I'm interested to hear responses from others. In my opinion, the primary difference is that the LG436 (trigger guard mounted) is more ergonomical, but precludes mounting of a flashlight on frame rail which the LG619 (rear grip mounted) allows. Horses for Courses I believe. Below site has both. Not sure they are the cheapest source, but cheapest I could find.

http://www.shooterssupply.com/html/glock_lasergrip.html

grimm
01-17-11, 17:30
I am looking to get a set of CT lasergrips for the G19 and was wondering if I can get feedbacks from users of both styles. Unfortunately, I can't find a store with the newer front activated one. The rear activated version feels good but not sold yet on the manner it gets activated. Does the front version add girth to the grip? Does it fit holsters made for a standard G19? Thanks.

Not interested in the trigger mounted one, but in this... it is $269 with coupon when you time it right :)

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/922/922248.jpg

(img from Midway)

ROCKET20_GINSU
01-18-11, 04:50
I've owned all 3 types and the only glock CT laser I still own is the LG 417. It is definitely the best of the glock CT lasers in my opinion because it has a master on/off, does not prevent the use of a weapon mounted light, does not interfere with most holsters, activates reliably, and affects the grip less than the 619.

I had a 436 for my G26 and while it was ok, I had trouble activating it reliably. I think it had something to do with my smaller hands and grip, but sometimes the laser would turn off during follow up shots. Probably a problem that is more me than the product but I thought I would note it.

I did like the 619 because I could use it in conjunction with a surefire w/ DG switch, but the lack of a master on/off and how differently it changed the feel of the grip really turned me away.

The only bad part about the 417 is that you cannot use it in conduction with the DG switch on surefire lights. The 417 does make the grip significantly wider, but it does not affect the grip angle or "feel" as much as the 619.

Specific answers for the OP:

Yes, the 417 has been compatible with all of my holsters, safariland 6028, milt sparks VM2, CCC looper etc.

Yes, the 417 will add a bit of girth to the pistol, but not a much as the 619 IMO. Its definitely manageable, while the pistol will feel "different" than your normal glocks it will not feel completely foreign.

I had trouble hitting the mag release with the stock button. If you do end up getting the laser I think you should instal a vickers or factory extended mag release.

GU

LHS
01-18-11, 09:00
I liked the 619 precisely because it shifted the grip angle to a more 1911-ish state, but the lack of a master on-off switch, and the rear placement of the activation button caused me some issues. With my other LG-equipped pistols, I can selectively activate the laser as needed. With the Glock and the rear-activated grips, getting a good grip on the gun pretty much always activates the laser for me.

Both units give a bit of a beavertail and eliminate Glock Bite, however.

Dobie
01-18-11, 10:35
I run the Laser Guard on my 26 and I like it. Obviously no rail for a light anyway on the subcompact. You need fitted holsters and I use a Cross Breed. I like the mounting position and I can activate it with some finger pressure or choose not too. Doesnt add and width to the gun. Its been a great addition for low light scenarios. I have the night sights also. I just picked up a gen 3 G19 and it will run the same set up. For a light I will go with a hand held.

Sry0fcr
01-18-11, 12:41
I don't have any extensive time on the LG Glock systems but the ones I've seen, and finger banged leave alot to be desired. This is just one of the reasons I'm going M&P this spring.