PDA

View Full Version : HK P2000 and HK P30

dvdlpzus
01-17-11, 19:09
Maybe this has been covered many times but I was not able to find it. What are the major differences between the two models? What are their advantages and disadvantages? I am just trying to educate myself with the two models. Thank you guys. :)

F-Trooper05
01-17-11, 19:24
They're identical on the inside. The P30 is a fraction of an inch longer, has a picatinny rail, holds two more rounds, and has interchangeable side panels.

Personally I prefer the P30 because the ergos are so much nicer (to me), and it conceals almost identically. Also, you can get Heinie sights for it (they don't make them for the P2K). The one advantage of the P2K in my opinion is that it isn't as rough against your skin when you wear it IWB.

Skyyr
01-17-11, 19:49
The P30 (originally called the P3000) is an "upgraded" P2000; think of the P30 as the next step-up in the P-series.

Pros for the P30 (relatively speaking):

The P30 has a manual safety (as an option), whereas the P2000 does not
The P30 can be carried "cocked and locked" (due to having a safety), the P2000 cannot.
The P30 has a contoured, "spidey" grip that has aggressive stippling and fits most people's hands like a glove
The P30 has forward slide serrations, the P2000 does not

Pros for the P2000 (relatively speaking):

The P2000 is available in a sub-compact version, the P30 is not.
The P2000 has a "flat" grip that many prefer, especially for IWB carry, over the aggressively-stippled grips, as the stippled grips are known for rubbing people's sides raw

Both are fully ambidextrous.

Those are the major differences.

Abraxas
01-17-11, 19:58
You might find this interesting

"In HK you have two lines now:

First goes from Mark 23 Mod 0 to all versions of full size USP. USP Compact belongs to this line, but have different recoil system (this system is carried on on second line). Those are going live as long as some militaries will buy them, no a second longer.

Second line is more modern, usually purpose build handguns:
P2000 - ergonomic upgrade over USP Compact with simplified trigger system, made to won German Police tender against P99. Designated for open and concealed carry
P2000SK - sub-compact version of P2000 made for plainclothes police officers, same internals as P2000 except dual recoil spring system (like now in Gen4 Glocks). Designated for concealed carry.
P30 - strongly upgraded P2000 made for German Border Guard tender - internals same as P2000, but lot's of ergonomic improvements and bigger mag capacity. Designated for open carry.
P30L - longer slide/barrel version of P30 made for Norwegian Police tender
P30S/P30LS - added manual safety, available with all triggers versions , but makes most sense with V3 (SA/DA) trigger.
HK45 - ergonomic wise based on P30 (or co-developed with), modern .45 made for JSP program - trigger mechanism similar but not interchangeable with P2000/P30 series (some parts common to USP and HK45c). Designated for open carry.
HK45c - ergonomic wise based on P2000 (lacks some improvements from P30/HK45 like relocated magazine lever) compact .45 made for JSP program - trigger system similar to HK45 (with some parts common to USP and HK45). Designated for open and concealed carry.

Trigger systems line for P30/P30L/P30S/P30LS are detailed here:

http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText...5/137/4/21/263

CDA acronym is used for trigger system called LEM in US.

Can't say much on HK45 HK45c trigger line, as those are not avaible here.

Basically HK45/HK45c models overlap with HK USP / HK USP Compact (and Mark 23) line. While P2000 line and P30 lines overaps but P2000 series are more slim line / low profile - better suited for CCW use. P30/P30L is good for CCW as well (I can carry my P30L in AIWB holster easily) but are bigger than P2000 and very grippy grip (sic!) can be hard on bare skin or those damm expensice UnderArmour shirts For range use or open carry P30 line beats P2000 line in all arreas.

All mess comes from HKs approach to business. They do not make new model and hope someone will buy it. They look for fat tenders, read user requirements and prepare new model to suit this tender. That is how P2000/P2000SK/P30/P30L were made. HK45 and HK45c were made to submit in JSP, but due to JSP cancellation HK decided to go with them to market anyway - but this is exception that just confirm rule.

My personal choice is P2000SK for CCW (will probably ad P30S V3 or V0 for winter to replace P2000 that I sold) and P30L V0 for range/IDPA/multigun use.

It is from this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=744951