PDA

View Full Version : If You Crash Landed on Another Planet...

Business_Casual
01-17-11, 21:59
And could only bring one band's music with you?

jklaughrey
01-17-11, 22:02
Weird Al Yankvick!:D

Music like that would either scare the indigenous population or make you their God!

jaydoc1
01-17-11, 22:10
Ok this has to be the best attempt thus far to get GD ash-canned. Now even I'd like to see it shut down.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:YvozoONhaknZcM:http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/0496.jpg&t=1

GermanSynergy
01-17-11, 22:11
Zeppelin of course!

Physical Graffiti hands down. :cool:

uwe1
01-17-11, 22:12
Ok this has to be the best attempt thus far to get GD ash-canned. Now even I'd like to see it shut down.

:lol:

Business_Casual
01-17-11, 22:13

So you are a 3 doors down fan, then?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-17-11, 22:56
Ahh, TOS'n it up are we?

Anyways, Zep's Mothership wins.

Oscar 319
01-17-11, 22:57
Zeppelin of course!

Physical Graffiti hands down. :cool:

****in' A. With out a doubt. Generally discussing of course.

SteyrAUG
01-17-11, 23:25
Kraftwerk

kmrtnsn
01-17-11, 23:53
U2. All Zep ever did was rip off old blues musicians.

Macx
01-18-11, 01:08
+ 1 for U2, big span of years & plenty of albums.

Oscar 319
01-18-11, 04:56
All Zep ever did was rip off old blues musicians.

Zep did more than blues "rip offs" in thier ten albums. Just sayin'.

Suwannee Tim
01-18-11, 05:12
Does the Vienna Philharmonic qualify as a band?

Hootiewho
01-18-11, 05:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOWK7Tam01M

montanadave
01-18-11, 05:51
What?

No Zappa fans in the house?

Signed, a dental floss tycoon

BrianS
01-18-11, 05:58
I would rather not have any music than have to listen to the same crap over and over.

Magic_Salad0892
01-18-11, 14:57
Marilyn Manson.

Don't hate me.

Cagemonkey
01-18-11, 15:02
Voted for Zeppelin, but I'd take some Tool.

sadmin
01-18-11, 15:07
shadow

rickrock305
01-18-11, 15:54
Caninus

chadbag
01-18-11, 16:09
Led Zeppelin and YES, two of the best bands ever (for actual talent and musicality and writing ability) and both hit the scene at about the same time.

Business_Casual
01-18-11, 21:50
+ 1 for U2, big span of years & plenty of albums.

Yeah, but did Bono ever own a collie?

kmrtnsn
01-19-11, 00:47
Zep did more than blues "rip offs" in thier ten albums. Just sayin'.

A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:

"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."
I'm not listing covers that the band credited to the actual authors ("You Shook Me") or the less blatant ripoffs (the "Superstition" riff in "Trampled Underfoot").

01-19-11, 13:13
How about the complete works of Mozart? And if a certain SWAT officer in TX doesn't like my choice, he can go drink a Shiner Bock.:p While listening to Mozart!

Oscar 319
01-19-11, 13:25
A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:

Yes. But theft never sounded so good. ;)

I didn't see Kashmir on that list. Greatest rock song ever, IMO.