PDA

View Full Version : If your looking for 9mm.....

evenodds20
01-18-11, 00:45
Walmart has a decent deal on winchester 115gr. FMJ in the 100rd value packs for $19.97. i caught them when they had just stocked the shelf and decided to get 3 boxes before the hoodlums could come in and snatch it all up. ive been researching and the cheapest i can find is the military overrun at ammunitionstore.com for $189.99 but its gonna be like $27 to ship it. so you pretty much come out the same. by my calculations, my deal at walmart comes out to about $217 after taxes for 1000rds. and that was with me rounding the change up to an even $65 for 3 boxes. realistically you may come out about $2-3 cheaper purchasing in store and you have the added benefit of not waiting on shipping. I just thought i would pass on my experiences. .....OH, and a side note, they stop selling locked up ammo passed 10pm. its the first time they have done that to me so they said this time the will sell but for me to keep in mind. IF your a LEO, as i am, they said they will sell anytime day or night. FYI.

Hmac
01-18-11, 00:59
Local Walmart has a 6 box/visit limit on ammo. Palmetto State Armory routinely has PMC Bronze for $209 per 1000 rounds and $12 shipping. And I don't have to go to Walmart.

evenodds20
01-18-11, 01:04
ok, well for the people that dont have money to just throw away and dont mind driving to walmart to reap the savings, winchester value packs of 100rds for $20 at walmart. come out cheaper than ordering online and you dont have to wait a week for it to arrive either.

But thanks Hmac for the heads up. thats essentially the same deal give or take a few $$ and you can basically set it and forget it until it arrives. not too bad if ur in no rush for the brick.

tpd223
01-18-11, 09:05
It makes baby Jesus weep that I used to be able to buy the 100 packs at China-mart for $9.99

GermanSynergy
01-18-11, 09:07
Thank you for the heads up. Gonna have to swing by WM in a bit to see if I can pick up some 9mm.

Hmac
01-18-11, 09:37
But thanks Hmac for the heads up. thats essentially the same deal give or take a few $$ and you can basically set it and forget it until it arrives. not too bad if ur in no rush for the brick.

Or if your local Walmart has a purchase volume restriction, or is low on stock, or you just dont want to wade through Walmart. For me, mail order is the way to go since I can get the stuff shipped to my door quicker than I can arrange the 40 mile round trip to Walmart. And I'd pay $3 just to not have to stand in a Walmart checkout line.

evenodds20
01-18-11, 11:03
yeah , sounds like the best bet in ur situation. i wouldnt drive 40 miles either if i didnt have to. between gas, fighting the crowd, dealing with the idiots that work there. what helped me was that there is usually no one there past 10 pm. i mean there is, but its 1 50th of the crowd as opposed to night. so for me, it was a great deal.

jwperry
01-18-11, 17:20
100 round WW value pack is still $22.97 at my local Wal Mart. I guess their pricing has dropped across the board yet..

1GIG
01-19-11, 23:03
Walmart is the place I buy my handgun range ammo. I like supporting the small gun shops when I can., but its hard to pass up 100 round WWB 9mm at WM for $20 when the small shop is charging $30-35.
My local WM is now stocking Federal and its like 9 bucks for 50rds. Also stocking Tula.
Anyone tried tula handgun ammo? I've stayed away from it so far.

evenodds20
01-19-11, 23:20
i just went to a different walmart tonight to possibly pick up a few more boxes of 9mm and saw they were selling for $23.97 now. i passed on that but bought a box of tula ammo in .223 for 4.97. it was the last box on the shelf so i figured i would give it a shot. i have a few types of ammo to test out so far on my AR-15. i have some wolf, some monarch (which i guess is academy's brand), TULA Ammo, ....all steel cased. then i have about 400 rounds of regular remington .223 and a couple boxes of winchester 5.56. i have all types of ammo until i can afford to stay loyal to one kind.

Gonzo_78
01-20-11, 00:03
My local Wally World has had that sell here for months now. I've been stocking up. :)

WWhunter
01-20-11, 11:57
I'm currently in VA and the Wal-MArt I just went to had it at $23.97. Same price it has been for quite some time. If I see it back down to >$20 I will grab some but currently have plenty.
WW