View Full Version : Another trigger reset issue

Negolien
01-18-11, 12:50
Spikes tactical ST-15 lower
RRA LPK
Olympic upper
Bought used
Cheapest ammo I could possibly find lol

Ok so after surfing thru all the searched threads I' am still a little lost. It's not the spring cause it does it with it in or out or upside down. It does it with the safety in or out also. If I act like I' am firing ie pull trigger, cycle hammer back while trigger still is to the rear the hammer engages and locks back but will not fire unless the safety is moved halfway to safe or you apply a little sideways pressure on the FCG. Any thoughts? I tried forever at the range and 98% of the time the trigger wouldn't reset on it's own and I would have to move the safety to half safe and back to fire again before or slightly push the trigger forward then the trigger would reset.

On a side note on this issue..I bought the weapon off some dude because I was Leary about putting a parts kit in... well..... I completely tore the lower down trying to figure out what the deal is so least I learned something rofl...

I bought this AR used to save money but seems you get what you pay for lol. I guess now I know to check for function by pulling it apart and hand cycling the hammer next time I buy a used firearm lol. I tore it apart and reassembled several times trying different things and such but /shrug... I got discouraged and put it away. Being AR's are the Lincoln Logs of firearms I thought ..What can I do to definitively fix this issue? Well guess I'll just have to buy a Geissele SD3G and make sure this issue is resolved ...

I hope this fixes the issue and can't imagine it won't. I will mess with the old FCG before the new one gets here maybe. On a side note really really getting familiar with the lower end of this weapon so that's a plus for sure although my fingers are a bit sore ROFL. I have completely stripped this lower to bare bones several times. I'll update as needed and for sure when the new trigger group gets here. on sale for like $189 BTW if anyone wants to know.

Todd.K
01-18-11, 13:06
You likely have a burr on the hammer or disconnector where they engage.

Negolien
01-18-11, 14:53
Was thinking that. There's still contact between the hammer and the disconnector until the trigger resets. Could the previous guy have grinded something thus messing up the FCG?

[SAS]Reaver
01-18-11, 15:11
pics of the insides of lower and trigger parts

tarkeg
01-18-11, 16:04
You likely have a burr on the hammer or disconnector where they engage.

We have a winner!

I've seen this several times. It's the first thing you should check.

Good luck.

Negolien
01-18-11, 16:06
nope sorry don't have a camera :<(... give ya an idea though...

Negolien
01-22-11, 08:13
well kinda solved.. this was also posted in the thread about a specific trigger vendor.

I decided to check the mail and guess what? I got my 3 gun trigger ...musta came yesterday. I installed in about 5 mins no issues works great..awsome prodcut but will have to wait till the range to see how good. Not sure what the issue was with the stock trigger the guy had in it. Springs look good though looks like he tried to adjust the pull by bending the hammer spring some looks ok though. Also got an accuwedge which of course made it a tight fit thus making my fingers sore YET AGAIN!!! lol.

Not sure what to say about the new trigger. It's kinda hard to judge it in the living room. Looks really nice, came in simple packaging (looked like a freezer bag) w/ lube, Came with a helper pin and of course simple easy to follow instructions w/ lube points on back. Had to be carefull dropping it in as it seemed like one of the legs kept wanting to go backwards and one forwards. Not sure why these cost $100 more than GI's but guess we'll see. I' am just happy to not have a single shot .223 now. Will post more after I take it to the range.