PDA

View Full Version : Used KAC M4QD Question

The Archangel
08-27-07, 16:28
With 2500 rounds through it for $1,000. Is that a good price? Before anyone says that there are better silencers out there for the price, I know. I already have an OPS Inc 12th, AAC M4-2000 Mod 7 and an AAC Ranger.

I am interested in this for it's rarity.

Opinions?

shark31
08-27-07, 16:51
That is a fantastic price, buy it NOW. They are all inconel IIRC, so 2,500 rounds will not matter.

M4Guru
08-27-07, 16:52
I'd rather have an actual good can for $750 that will have a warranty. I don't know if KAC will honor a warranty on a secondhand can.
KAC QD cans were OK when they were state of the art, but are mediocre at best now.

Gemtech is where it's at. Plus the HALO fits about a million different rifles with no modifications (or expensive flash hiders).

Robb Jensen
08-27-07, 16:59
With 2500 rounds through it for $1,000. Is that a good price? Before anyone says that there are better silencers out there for the price, I know. I already have an OPS Inc 12th, AAC M4-2000 Mod 7 and an AAC Ranger.

I am interested in this for it's rarity.

Opinions?

If you get it just make sure you can get the FS'r mounts for it. Someone I think on this forum recently bought a KAC can (I forget what model) to then find out that KAC doesn't make the FS'r mount for it anymore (and his didn't come with one).

The Archangel
08-27-07, 17:38
If you get it just make sure you can get the FS'r mounts for it. Someone I think on this forum recently bought a KAC can (I forget what model) to then find out that KAC doesn't make the FS'r mount for it anymore (and his didn't come with one).

What is that? The stock mount that the KAC comes with? The can will get the KAC mount that is on the current upper that it is on now.

Derek_Connor
08-27-07, 17:49

That was me, and that was the first can KAC came out with the UM4QD, it uses a different mount than the newer versions. It was on an upper that was lost by Fedex, then relocated by our own KAC VP who visits this forum frequently :)

With The M4QD you are talking about, you can use any of the KAC comp/flash hiders that are for sale today, and they are stocked by many companies

jjw
08-27-07, 21:46
my knac's is just as good as my sure fire and my gemtec all hold with in 1-11/2 moa . barry dueck told me personally that 1-11/2 is as good as it gets even surefire will only say 1 moa. and he is the guy who designed it

u have private email form me

jjw

kevin/aac
08-29-07, 22:07
1.5 MOA is very good.

Are you certain that Barry Dueck designed the SF suppressor?