PDA

View Full Version : Steel plate comp. ?

yesicarry
01-19-11, 11:29
Good morning all.
Recently moved to a new area and noticed the local range has Steel Target Competition on Thurs. nights. This got me interested as I have never tried it being timed and scored. Sure, when out at the gravel pit, I used to set up multiple targets and just goof off. But then got better and better at it. Tons of fun and great training in case of multiple assailants.
My question is. The pistol I want to use is my Taurus PT111pro Mil. series in 9mm. No aftermarket sights. Bone stock.. I found it to be very reliable. And it's "pointability" seems natural for me.
I'm not looking to win the event ! Just looking to have some fun and meet some new shooters in the area and possibly learn from them.
Now, before you bash me about having the Taurus let me say that the reliability of this pistol amazed me right out of the box. Only hiccuped once when the ex's son limp wristed it. So my confidence is very high with it.
Yes, I'm a newb. Yes, inferior equipment to others.

Should I go for it and get my tail whooped and have fun with what I have ?

Mike

Keith E.
01-19-11, 12:58
Don't be scared, go have fun and report back.

Keith

Supermoto
01-19-11, 15:20
The equipment won't hold you back, only you can. Get out there and have some fun. Once you get to know the people, ask them if you can try their guns, see if there are other toys you want to play with.