PDA

View Full Version : S&W moving to 1/8" twist barrels?

JSGlock34
01-19-11, 20:07
I was checking out the new S&W catalog (http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson2/upload/other/2011_NewCatalog.pdf) and it appears they are offering several M&P rifles with a 1/8" twist barrel (melonite coated). Looks like an improvement over the previous 1/9" twist barrel. It also appears that the S&W lowers have an integral forged trigger guard now.

No sign of the VTAC rifle glimpsed at last year's SHOT show, but the VTAC pistol is in there.

Kentucky Cop
01-19-11, 22:00
I was hoping for a middy from them. They made the 15TS but how about one with a FSB. You think they see how popular DD and BCM middys are, why not?! Just a wish I guess....:no:

KC

goneballistic
01-26-11, 23:00
I bought a SW MP15 last year or year before with quad rail and 1/8 twist. I love the 1/8 since I shoot 62 gr and up in them almost all the time. not sure I even own 55 gr bullets... maybe a few somewhere.

PdxMotoxer
01-27-11, 01:07
My M.O.E. i bought last year has a 16" 1/9 twist.

Seems all the new ones except the piston one come with 16" 1/8 twist.

So they can extend the trigger guard, add a 1/8 twist but not include a dust cover on that "sport".

I guess it's going to come down to what the street price is going to be.

Quentin
01-27-11, 01:46
It is a shame S&W isn't going more to midlengths. Oh well I built up an M&P-15 lower and dropped on a Daniel Defense middy. That'll do!