PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon RMR news from SHOT

96 SS
01-20-11, 09:16
While I didn't take any pictures I did learn and play with the following:

LED RMR: new adjustable brightness.
Tritium RMR: new triangle reticle.

Trijicon has also discontinued the use of the Special Ring Mount versions of their ACOG's except the 1.5X Compact models.

payj
01-20-11, 12:31
Cool, thank you for the info. May put one on my rifle in an offset mount.

Alaskapopo
01-20-11, 16:29
While I didn't take any pictures I did learn and play with the following:

LED RMR: new adjustable brightness.
Tritium RMR: new triangle reticle.

Trijicon has also discontinued the use of the Special Ring Mount versions of their ACOG's except the 1.5X Compact models.

What is the specs on the Triangle. 12 moa?
Pat

patrolman
01-20-11, 21:16
Trijicon's website says 12.9 MOA.

http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RM08

Alaskapopo
01-20-11, 21:42
perfect. I am going to get one of these. I just hope I can find them soon and at less than $625 that they are asking in that link.
Pat

Outlander Systems
01-22-11, 10:27
Of course, this comes out, less than a month after I buy a RM04.

Pretty slick, nonetheless.

EBAM1A
01-22-11, 13:52
I would like to see it come out with a green triangle. I have always fount it hard to see the amber when it sunny out.

cjt50
01-22-11, 16:40
I would like to see it come out with a green triangle. I have always fount it hard to see the amber when it sunny out.

+1

Using a friends TA33 in green works well for me when it's sunny. Wounder if it could be done, it's just a different color of tritium, yes?

TAZ
01-22-11, 17:25
I too got all excited about the triangle till I saw that it was still amber and carried a $200 suggested price premium. WTF?? Over.

Outlander Systems
01-22-11, 18:21
I too got all excited about the triangle till I saw that it was still amber and carried a $200 suggested price premium. WTF?? Over.

I seem to remember bullitt5172 stating that the more complex reticules, chevron, horseshoe, triangle, etc. are a lot more difficult to create.

How fast would RMRs fly off shelves if Triji put a horseshoe reticule in these things? Post-haste.

DeltaKilo
01-23-11, 15:38
Great. Just great. I'd convinced myself not to try one of these things on my pistol because they just don't have the Delta reticle that I like. Anyone wanna buy a kidney? part of a liver? I need to get one of these now. :D :lol:

Armati
01-25-11, 20:02
Holy crap they did it. I was hoping they would do this. I was sort of hoping for auto-adjusting battery powered system like on some of the other RMRs.

However, I think you will find that the top mounted fiber optic pulls in more light than the old front mounted fiber like on the RX series.

I must put one of these in my hands. If the washout is improved over the RX I will replace nearly every optic I have with these. The only issue is suggested retail. I think $400 might be the right price point.

Steve
01-26-11, 05:47
Told you so. And yes green is coming

EBAM1A
01-26-11, 06:32

I NEED ONE IN GREEN!!!:D

DeltaKilo
01-26-11, 10:15

Steve, you are not a good man on someone's pocket book. You know this, right? :D

M4A34U
01-26-11, 12:01
Forgive my ignorance, but can these(are they meant to) replace my Eotech/t-1?

Thanks,

Bill

Outlander Systems
01-26-11, 13:01
Forgive my ignorance, but can these(are they meant to) replace my Eotech/t-1?

Thanks,

Bill

Depends on whether or not you feel they offer anything the T-1/EoTech does not.

The lack of batteries is a huge plus for me (Dual-Illuminated Versions).

Right now, on my one and only AR, I've got the RM04-33 on a Vltor CASV-M. It's something like an upper 1/3 cowitness. Previously I was using the RM05 on a Ruger SR-556. The gun sucked, but the sight was awesome.

You won't get the FOV you'll have with the T-1, and there aren't (currently) a lot of mounts available. That being said, the sight weighs just a fuzz over an ounce. With the rear flip-up deployed, the sight picture can be very cluttered.

I was always a big fan of Trijicon's RX series of sights. I look at the RMRs as smaller, brighter, versions of the RX line. YMMV.

Armati
01-26-11, 20:40
I was always a big fan of Trijicon's RX series of sights. I look at the RMRs as smaller, brighter, versions of the RX line. YMMV.

Yes. I whole heartedly agree with this. And if this optic works as advertised I will be replacing my EOTech 551 and 552s (all A65A1 NVG types), J-points and Dr. Optics with these. Most likely I will keep my RX06's but they will be for two loner rifles.

Armati
01-26-11, 20:43
A few more things.

I like the red chevron on the TA31 but I know a some folks feel it is too bright under some conditions.

I also like the amber triangle/chevron.

Has anyone shot the green triangle against a .mil type 'E' target or one of the newer commercial Multicam targets? I am worried you would lose the reticule on the wrong color background.

Outlander Systems
01-27-11, 18:42
This is way off topic, but, the fact that Trijicon offers so many reticule colours got me to thinking:

Why has NO ONE offered a blue reticule option? In my theoretical wonder-world, a blue electric dot would surely contrast pretty wickedly against just about anything I would be shooting at.

Alaskapopo
01-27-11, 19:19
This is way off topic, but, the fact that Trijicon offers so many reticule colours got me to thinking:

Why has NO ONE offered a blue reticule option? In my theoretical wonder-world, a blue electric dot would surely contrast pretty wickedly against just about anything I would be shooting at.

It would be way to dark and it would blend into a lot of things like the sky, water, etc.
Pat

Outlander Systems
01-27-11, 20:02
http://texyt.com/bright+blue+leds+annoyance+health+risks

Blue appears brighter at night

Firstly, blue light appears much brighter to us at night, or indoors where ambient light is low – an effect known as the Purkinje shift. This is because the rods – the sensitive monochromatic rod light detectors which our retinas rely on more at night – are most sensitive to greenish-blue light. (Some hypothesize that animals evolved the rods in underwater and jungle environments, hence the bias to blue or green – later we developed separate full color vision on top of that system, but the sensitive rods remained).

The Purkinje shift also noticeably brightens blue or green lights in our peripheral vision under medium to low light conditions, because there are comparatively more rods towards the edge of the retina – hence complaints that blue LEDs are distracting even when they're not the focus of attention.

Not giving you any flack, but 'round here water's pretty much brown and grey. I'd like to get up to Alaska sometime.

Steve
01-27-11, 20:09
I tired for a blue model last year as special request... and test item the it never came about i have seen the blue fiber optics green is much better

Outlander Systems
01-28-11, 16:57
I tired for a blue model last year as special request... and test item the it never came about i have seen the blue fiber optics green is much better

Roger that. I don't think anything in the current lineup of reticule colours is lacking; just that blue would be pretty Billy Badass.

JSantoro
01-29-11, 01:12
It's been tried, and it doesn't work. Too low in the visible spectrum for it to work in enough differing conditions to be worthwhile.

MadDog
01-29-11, 13:10
I have tried just about all of the MRD's available on my pistols and have to say the Dual Illumination RMR's are about as good as they get. I will definitely move this one over to another pistol and try one with a chevron or triangle. My eyes pick up yellow much faster then red but I would like to try a green reticle. If I don't like it then it will force me to buy another gun to mount a replacment.

MadDog

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7887/762msare4011.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7215/fnp45tacbladetech001.jpg

TehLlama
01-29-11, 13:31
Are we going to get dual illuminated RED triangles? I'm a fan of this commonality (work RCO, my TR24RT...)

Armati
01-29-11, 13:44
Are we going to get dual illuminated RED triangles? I'm a fan of this commonality (work RCO, my TR24RT...)

Yes, exactly.

I like things that work without batteries - especially specialty batteries. If it must have a batt I prefer things that use AA.

However, the self adjusting brightness feature is fantastic. It completely handles the washout issue.

For reticules I like the red chevron better but I would gladly take a triangle.

Still, the current offering is fantastic.

When do these hit the street?