PDA

View Full Version : Form 4 status

bowkill
08-28-07, 16:49
How do check on the status of your form 4. It has been gone for 16 days and was woundering if you could check it on the internet or do you need to call. thanks!!

SHIVAN
08-28-07, 17:00
Individual transfer? If so, just hold your breath a little while longer and it should be there.

I've been hearing that some people are calling and it's "not in the system", then about 5 days later it's in their mailbox.

Calling will only tell you one of three things:

1) Not in the system.
2) In process.
3) Approved.

I'd just wait it out. Unless my check had also not cleared.

BATFE in WVA:
(304) 616-4500

bowkill
08-28-07, 17:31
Check not cleared, owell i guess i hury up and wait:( !!

VA_Dinger
09-11-07, 19:35
My latest SBR permit (Krinkov) just took five weeks to come back approved.

It arrived today.

That's a hell of a lot better than the eight months it took for my last one (2-3 years ago).

bowkill
09-11-07, 21:30
Been over 4 weeks for me and my check has not cleared yet!!!:confused:

Gunfighter13
09-11-07, 23:32
Just sent mine in last week. Check cleared in four days.

bowkill
09-12-07, 07:07
I think my dealer sucks! probably left the papers on his desk! What state you in?:mad:

Robb Jensen
09-12-07, 07:17
A friend of mine sent in a Form 1 and had it back in 30 days approval before his check ever cleared............weird fluke.

bowkill
10-08-07, 21:05
Who do you call if you live in tn. to find out about the status of a form 4.What is the number and what info do i need to have ready?

JLM
10-09-07, 00:11
My latest SBR permit (Krinkov) just took five weeks to come back approved.

It arrived today.

That's a hell of a lot better than the eight months it took for my last one (2-3 years ago).

Dinger, at what point during that wait did your check get cashed? Mine hasn't cleared yet.

You'll have to show us the Krink! Cool chit man.

Robb Jensen
10-09-07, 05:21
Dinger, at what point during that wait did your check get cashed? Mine hasn't cleared yet.

You'll have to show us the Krink! Cool chit man.

I'm not Dinger, but with my 4 cans, 2 SBRs and 1 AOW that are on my Trust it was about 2 weeks after my check cleared did I get an approval in the mail.

Sweep
10-09-07, 06:23
my last 4 went thru in 21 days then they changed my examiner to sandra snook its been 14 days and the check hasn't cleared yet where the others cleared in seven days ?? so im interested also to see how this goes as this is my first form 1

JLM
10-09-07, 15:18
I'm not Dinger, but with my 4 cans, 2 SBRs and 1 AOW that are on my Trust it was about 2 weeks after my check cleared did I get an approval in the mail.

Thank you sir!

Madsmiley
10-09-07, 19:00
Until its been 30 days,I wouldnt worry with it.Every time an examiner has to stop and check the status for someone,the whole system backs up a little bit and causes delays for everyone. Be patience..

What concerns me more is that the check hasnt cleared yet.Its the government,they like to get paid.They may not approve the stamp,but theyre sure as hell gonna cash that check first anyway..If youre going thru a dealer,I would be giving him a hard time..

bowkill
10-09-07, 19:47
It has been about 6 weeks, i believe i will call my dealer tommorow and shake the tree to see what falls out?:(

Madsmiley
10-11-07, 21:40
What did your dealer say:confused:

SuicideHz
10-11-07, 21:54
Until its been 30 days,I wouldnt worry with it.Every time an examiner has to stop and check the status for someone,the whole system backs up a little bit and causes delays for everyone. Be patience..

What concerns me more is that the check hasnt cleared yet.Its the government,they like to get paid.They may not approve the stamp,but theyre sure as hell gonna cash that check first anyway..If youre going thru a dealer,I would be giving him a hard time..

that's true. They will ALWAYS cash that check ASAP. if you are turned down you get a check from the treasury.

JLM
10-12-07, 00:19
It's been 8 days since they got my Form 1 and they still haven't cashed the checked yet. Are you guys saying that's not par for the course?

Robb Jensen
10-12-07, 07:50
It's been 8 days since they got my Form 1 and they still haven't cashed the checked yet. Are you guys saying that's not par for the course?

Mine has ALWAYS taken 2 weeks or more after they've received it.

msr
10-14-07, 20:59
I think my dealer sucks! probably left the papers on his desk! What state you in?:mad:

You submitted the paperwork through your dealer?

Madsmiley
10-15-07, 18:04

Last one I did in March,and all the previous ones took less than 2 weeks for the check to clear.

The one I submited on 10-3 just cleared today...

bowkill
10-15-07, 22:54
Yes i went through a dealer,going to call tommorow.

Madsmiley
10-16-07, 20:41
Yes i went through a dealer,going to call tommorow.

That would be a good first start..Like I said,they always cash the check right away..If it hasnt cleared,its because they havent gotten it...

keatsabn
10-17-07, 05:36
My dealer just sends me a form 4 with his part already filled out all I do is sign it add my paperwork and the check and I send it off.

Gunfighter13
10-20-07, 13:35
OK I received mine while I was gone. Looks like six weeks total time. Make that 43 days from the day I mailed it to the ATF. 36 days from the day my check cleared. :D :D

bowkill
10-25-07, 15:58
My check cleared yesterday. And i was about to give up,wonder how long it will be now, only took 8 weeks to cash the check . but we are getting closer!! yeepie!!!

msr
11-15-07, 14:26
My form 4 has been pending for 22 days now. It is my first if that makes a difference.

bowkill
11-15-07, 15:58
Where did you call, what info did you need on hand, and what is the number. My check cleared 14 days ago and it has been 8 weeks since i sent in my form 4.thanks!!:confused:

Madsmiley
11-17-07, 18:50
My form 4 has been pending for 22 days now. It is my first if that makes a difference.

Doesnt make any difference as long as everything was filled out correctly

msr
11-19-07, 22:19
Update; approved at 23 days (Friday), received today (26 days). Wow, many thanks to the hard working folks at ATF.

JLM
11-20-07, 05:19
I don't know about Form 4's but I called about my F1 today and was told they are running behind. Apparently they are swamped right now.
Which to my mind is a good thing, people are getting more cool tools :cool: