PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Mods

sandman99and9
01-20-11, 16:27
I know we are not put up new threads on LEO but was wondering if it's ok to post about Leo shootings/accidents/injury?

We had 2 miami officers shot and I wanted to post it but was not sure so I did not. I am very pro-LEO and support you guys all the way.

My thoughts and prayers to the 2 families.

S.M.

If I am out of line here please delete.
I will get the point.

kal
01-20-11, 16:46
pretty sure any talk of anything relating to law enforcement is not allowed anymore due to heated discussions about the profession and incidents nationwide.

The mods have been known recently to delete or lock threads that even barely have any law enforcement content in them.

Army Chief
01-20-11, 17:52
Absolutely not.

None of us really care for the restriction, but the hard lesson of past experience is that any time we allow threads that touch upon officer-involved shootings, things almost immediately devolve into contentious debates over who was right, who was wrong, abuses of power, questionable tactics, deficient training, privacy concerns and other counterproductive speculation that only serves to divide the camp.

While your motives may be entirely honorable, this is one of those cases where we definitely value "keeping the peace" above any potential benefits we are likely to derive from the consideration of such matters. Active LEOs are welcome to explore relevant facts or opinions on their dedicated (closed) board, but we will not entertain them in the General Discussion area at any time.

AC

randolph
01-20-11, 19:13
I saw the story about this early today.
Sad, sad deal, they are just trying to fight the good fight and earn a living to provide for their families...

Prayers for their family, friends and loved ones.

sandman99and9
01-21-11, 08:19
Absolutely not.

None of us really care for the restriction, but the hard lesson of past experience is that any time we allow threads that touch upon officer-involved shootings, things almost immediately devolve into contentious debates over who was right, who was wrong, abuses of power, questionable tactics, deficient training, privacy concerns and other counterproductive speculation that only serves to divide the camp.

While your motives may be entirely honorable, this is one of those cases where we definitely value "keeping the peace" above any potential benefits we are likely to derive from the consideration of such matters. Active LEOs are welcome to explore relevant facts or opinions on their dedicated (closed) board, but we will not entertain them in the General Discussion area at any time.

AC

I got it AC. I can see where you are coming from. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Sad days for Leo's in florida lately.
Prayers for the family.

S.M.