PDA

View Full Version : Sons of guns...discovery channel

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 00:08
Im sure some of you have seen the previews...well you should go check out the clips on discovery channel.com. You can watch clips of the show, I just got done watching the masterkey attachment, well they are mounting an AK on a M4. It looks pretty cool. All I know is where can i pick up a job application for testing the stuff! :D OOPS! I made a mistake, It was a saiga, not AK.

jdodd
01-21-11, 06:30
Ill be watching, hopefully its good. :p

ForTehNguyen
01-21-11, 07:42
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/sons-of-guns/

About the Show
Series Premieres Wednesday, January 26 at 9 PM E/P.

Sons of Guns showcases one of America's most skilled and creative gun works, Red Jacket Firearms, and its owner Will Hayden. While pursuing its bread-and-butter work with customizing and improving AK-47's, the Baton Rouge-based team delves into the world of historic and classic weapons.

boomhower
01-21-11, 08:07
Looks pretty cool. As long as it doesn't turn into a disaster of drama like they tend to do with their shows it should be good.

jonathanvictory
01-21-11, 08:23
Had it set to record on the DVR since Monday.

Hope it'll be an awesome show.

Dirknar
01-21-11, 10:59
I hope this show is good.. It looks pretty cool from the commercials. what ever happened to future weapons?? Mac was a great, he really "got into it"..lol

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 11:21
Ah future weapons WAS amazing. Mac got all into it lol. Ya im hoping sons of guns has the drama left out. It seems like a bunch of tattooed gun lovers, i dont think it will be drama

KellyTTE
01-21-11, 11:23
Yeah, finger on the bang switch at :09 of the first video. Greatttt

theblackknight
01-21-11, 11:26
It has to be better then watching those fat walruses on the pawn shop show.

bkb0000
01-21-11, 11:41
Ah future weapons WAS amazing. Mac got all into it lol. Ya im hoping sons of guns has the drama left out. It seems like a bunch of tattooed gun lovers, i dont think it will be drama

a bunch of tattooed bike lovers turned into the two biggest pussy bitch and cry fests in television history.. i'm sure they can do it with guns too.

kartoffel
01-21-11, 11:45
a bunch of tattooed bike lovers turned into the biggest pussy bitch and cry fest in television history.. i'm sure they can do it with guns too.

Well from what I've heard, Red Stick is pretty straightforward and drama-free. If you want craziness, keep your fingers crossed that that the Discovery Channel does a reality show at Robinson Arms.

Mac5.56
01-21-11, 11:50
I watched my first episode of Gold Rush last night and if this show is anything like Gold Rush, I'm not looking forward to it.

bobbo
01-21-11, 11:51
Well from what I've heard, Red Stick is pretty straightforward and drama-free. If you want craziness, keep your fingers crossed that that the Discovery Channel does a reality show at Robinson Arms.

Thanks... now I've got to clean coffee off of my notebook.:p

caelumatra
01-21-11, 12:02
I do hope it does well, really. But it seems like he is just a gun shop owner with a machine shop attached and happens to have an attractive daughter. How many of those exist?

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/about/about.html
Check out his Shootrite Katana. Its a custom gun hes charging $1850 for. Almost $2000 for a collapsible stock, commercial receiver extension at that! Looking at the parts list I cant fathom how it could cost that much.
This is why I think he's just your typical shop owner who's also a machinist

http://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-news/discovery-channels-all-new-series-sons-of-guns-wil/

Silver Spring, Md.) "If you can dream it, we can build it" is the motto at Red Jacket, the nation's most unique weapons business. Owner Will Hayden and his eclectic crew of Baton Rouge, Louisiana gunsmiths and historians rise to the challenge daily on Discovery Channel's world premiere series SONS OF GUNS, creating one-of-a-kind custom weapons. The show fires off on Wednesdays at 9PM ET/PT, starting January 26.

As a straight shooter and an avid historian, Will is a trusted expert to handle the requests of Red Jacket's major clients - law enforcement, military and collectors. From guns to knives to swords to cannons, Will sells, trades, buys, builds and customizes them all. While weapons manufacturers are making attachable silencers for AK-47's, Will takes it a step further -- creating internal silencers that help police departments be even more stealth in threatening situations. If someone needs to restore a WWII flamethrower to make it operational, Will can do that too. And when the sheriff's department needs to turn two guns - a shotgun and a rifle - into one, they call Will.

SONS OF GUNS centers on Will's Red Jacket shop, located in the heart of the Louisiana bayou. When Will isn't rebuilding a "bring-back" rifle from the Vietnam War or using his wealth of weapon history knowledge to determine if a pistol found in the attic is an antique or not, he can be found in his shop with his daughter Stephanie and the rest of his team, swapping gossip with his customers. Whether it's having a lunch break shooting contest, going on a nighttime bayou bow fishing trip or field testing a fully automatic M2 .50 caliber machine gun, viewers will catch the Red Jacket team always finding time to have some fun on SONS OF GUNS.

Notice how the daughter is in the commercials but the other smiths/historians mentioned in the article above are not

But again, I really do hope its good. I would like to see some cool stuff get made. I think having a show based at Magpul would be more entertaining by far though.

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 12:07
a bunch of tattooed bike lovers turned into the two biggest pussy bitch and cry fests in television history.. i'm sure they can do it with guns too.

LMAO! My girlfriend watches that crap, the jr. crying about his daddy issues and the dad suing his son. Garbage. Im hoping this show will be a little different. If it turns into drama ill just turn down the volume.

Norinco
01-21-11, 12:13
I checked out the Red Jacket Firearms site when I first saw the previews. I didn’t see anything impressive...

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 12:24
[QUOTE=caelumatra;884281]I do hope it does well, really. But it seems like he is just a gun shop owner with a machine shop attached and happens to have an attractive daughter. How many of those exist?

Check out his Shootrite Katana. Its a custom gun hes charging $1850 for. Almost $2000 for a collapsible stock, commercial receiver extension at that! Looking at the parts list I cant fathom how it could cost that much.

The collapsable stock is only 75 bucks, its magpul too. Thats actually cheaper than magpul or anyone else sells it for(if its the CTR)

bobbo
01-21-11, 12:34
[QUOTE=caelumatra;884281]I do hope it does well, really. But it seems like he is just a gun shop owner with a machine shop attached and happens to have an attractive daughter. How many of those exist?

The collapsable stock is only 75 bucks, its magpul too. Thats actually cheaper than magpul or anyone else sells it for(if its the CTR)

Maybe she's engaged. Have you seen how much weddings cost these days? :D At least he seems to be using quality parts for his over priced guns.

caelumatra
01-21-11, 12:46
lol yeah i have :) Planning one myself for Sept Oct time frame :D

Anyway, I do hope its good. I didn't mean to come across totally negatively...

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 13:03

No not at all. We all know that reality T.V is basically the same nowadays. All darma and backstabbing. That show black ops,Howe&Howe tech. I s pretty cool, but there IS a little drama in it too. ANY family business is gonna have problems or drama, add that to some producers wanting to have good ratings and there is gonna be drama.

bobbo
01-21-11, 13:08

Congratulations. I didn't think you came across negatively. But then again I'm poking my share of fun too. I'm not a big fan of reality TV to begin with, and if these guys turn out to be a bunch of Bubba's, I can see them fueling the anti's with more misinformation to use against us. But I'll probably tune in to check it out. Besides, the daughter's pretty cute. ;)

caelumatra
01-21-11, 13:14

Yeah I feel the same way about reality shows, except Dirty Jobs of course which is awesome

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 13:17

Yeah I feel the same way about reality shows, except Dirty Jobs of course which is awesome

Mike Rowe IS awesome! Dirty Jobs!

Don Robison
01-21-11, 13:32
Glad Will got my WASR rebuild done before this thing hit. I imagine he'll be even more busy afterwords.

PdxMotoxer
01-21-11, 13:57
LMAO! My girlfriend watches that crap, the jr. crying about his daddy issues and the dad suing his son. Garbage. Im hoing this show will be a little different. If it turns into darma ill just turn down the volume.

I doubt this belongs in the AR Discussion but i laughed my ass off
that someone else got his reference to O.C.C.

That show (like others) started out great, then Discovery throws
cash at them and the drama starts there.
Plus like deadliest catch the producers start out focusing on the crab fishing and bike building (o.c.c. not D. Catch) then pay them pretty well
and focus how they change and the DRAMA that ensues.

Then by season 3 it's more about the drama than the fishing or bikes.

i tried to watch Jr vs Sr and was like where are the bikes that i used
to tune into this show to watch. :confused:

MeanRider
01-21-11, 14:06
Well there is one drawback to tivo I never even seen this until today. And Discovery is one my top 5 channels. We shall see if this any good.

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 14:15

Plus like deadliest catch the producers start out focusing on the crab fishing and bike building (o.c.c. not D. Catch) then pay them pretty well

Ya maybe not lol. But its true. Think if NAT. GEO would have got ahold of the show first, It would stay drama free...

bobbo
01-21-11, 14:52

Dirty Jobs is a great show. I think the reason everybody likes Mike Rowe so much, is he manages to keep an air of humility about him, and seems to sincerely believe in the now (mostly) lost American work ethic.

Boss Hogg
01-21-11, 16:00
My kids LOVE Billy the Exterminator, another Louisiana reality show

Artiz
01-21-11, 17:07
I watched my first episode of Gold Rush last night and if this show is anything like Gold Rush, I'm not looking forward to it.

Yeah, looks like Discovery Channel loossened their IQ requirements on a couple of new shows, especially Gold Rush Alaska which is a perfect example of what NOT to do, this new one about guns looks like a bunch of amateurs claiming to be tactical super machinists putting anything together for a purpose that does not exist... their stuff is extremely overpriced too, AND they claim the AR-15 and the shotgun are the two most powerful weapons one can mess with... I think they're a bunch of idiots with guns... which is dangerous.

We won't talk about the "finest custom shop in the country" neither...

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 17:25
Yeah, looks like Discovery Channel loossened their IQ requirements on a couple of new shows, especially Gold Rush Alaska which is a perfect example of what NOT to do, this new one about guns looks like a bunch of amateurs claiming to be tactical super machinists putting anything together for a purpose that does not exist... their stuff is extremely overpriced too, AND they claim the AR-15 and the shotgun are the two most powerful guns one can own. I think they're a bunch of idiots with guns...

:alcoholic: :moil: :help: :suicide2:
:haha: :blink:
:suicide: :big_boss:
LMAO! Heres the show already.

TheLefty
01-21-11, 17:33
Will is far from an amateur, and he's got quite a good rep with AK buffs. I've heard more than a few people regard him as one of the best AK builders in the country.

My limited personal experience with him and his work has been all positive.

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 17:47
Will is far from an amateur, and he's got quite a good rep with AK buffs. I've heard more than a few people regard him as one of the best AK builders in the country.

My limited personal experience with him and his work has been all positive.

Anyone that can design and build the quietest suppressors, a suppressor for a .50 bmg or put all that stuff together and has the drive to do it has my respect. I know the show is gonna be awesome. I have been really excited to watch it for the past few months now!

Don Robison
01-21-11, 17:51
Yeah, looks like Discovery Channel loossened their IQ requirements on a couple of new shows, especially Gold Rush Alaska which is a perfect example of what NOT to do, this new one about guns looks like a bunch of amateurs claiming to be tactical super machinists putting anything together for a purpose that does not exist... their stuff is extremely overpriced too, AND they claim the AR-15 and the shotgun are the two most powerful weapons one can mess with... I think they're a bunch of idiots with guns... which is dangerous.

We won't talk about the "finest custom shop in the country" neither...

Will is far from amateur, but everyone is entitled to their opinion...............even if it is uneducated.:haha:

Artiz
01-21-11, 18:08
Will is far from amateur, but everyone is entitled to their opinion...............even if it is uneducated.:haha:

It's probably just the preview videos that gave me the impression of a bunch of amateurs, with the secretary with an attitude and all, we already saw that a bunch of times on Discovery Channel. I don't know him, I don't know his work, if he's as professional and as skilled as you guys say, then I was wrong and I judged him too fast.

BCmJUnKie
01-21-11, 18:35
It's probably just the preview videos that gave me the impression of a bunch of amateurs, with the secretary with an attitude and all, we already saw that a bunch of times on Discovery Channel. I don't know him, I don't know his work, if he's as professional and as skilled as you guys say, then I was wrong and I judged him too fast.
Its okay...we forgive you.lol:D

Don Robison
01-21-11, 18:41

No worries dude, I'm sure I've jumped the gun (no pun intended) before too.

Moose-Knuckle
01-21-11, 21:38
Mmmm, chicken wings. :rolleyes:

madcratebuilder
01-22-11, 09:59

That show (OCC) has turned to crap. I have hope for this new gun show but I'm not holding my breath.

BCmJUnKie
01-22-11, 15:00
That show (OCC) has turned to crap. I have hope for this new gun show but I'm not holding my breath.

Well im hoping for the best too...and even if it sucks there is the new season of top shot comin out soon! Last season had a little drama, it was still a pretty cool show though. Did you catch the season finale? Shooting the rope? DAMN! THAT WAS SOOOOO CLOSE!! lol

Lumpy196
01-22-11, 15:43

That is utterly ridiculous and a sure sign I'll take nothing seriously this man does.

Dave_M
01-22-11, 17:05
That is utterly ridiculous and a sure sign I'll take nothing seriously this man does.

I think the pricing was set by Tiger McGee. Will simply built the rifle to his specifications.

Stickman
01-22-11, 18:21
Yeah, finger on the bang switch at :09 of the first video. Greatttt

"We run one of the finest custom shops in the country"

Above stated while showing a carbine with YHM rail....

Dave_M
01-22-11, 18:41
"We run one of the finest custom shops in the country"

Above stated while showing a carbine with YHM rail....

His AK work is great. I'd say that AR's are really outside of his purview.

Stickman
01-22-11, 18:48
His AK work is great. I'd say that AR's are really outside of his purview.

It might be, it might not be, I have no real way of knowing personally, but I do know that whatever he does will be taken out of context and edited for maximum drama for TV. Typically, that isn't flattering from the perspective of troops, cops, or real gun guys. However, I wish him and his family the best of luck, getting media attention tends to put people on the map.

Grunt Medic TXARNG
01-22-11, 19:45
I've watched some of the video clips for 'Sons of Guns'. Anything that publicly portrays firearms in a positive light is a good thing, in my opinion. But I do have some issues with the writing and editing of the show - Will, the shop owner, refers to a 16" AR carbine as an 'M-16' and a 37mm flare launcher as an 'M-203 grenade launcher' Grrrr. And in the episode where they mount a Saiga-12 shotgun under an AR for breaching, they give NO credit or discussion to the similar models fielded to .mil units over the last 30 years - as if this was a brand new idea. Ah, well - if they can bring their productionquality up I hope they'll be successful.

TehLlama
01-23-11, 00:42
Who here is honestly shocked that Discovery Communications can't for the life of them find useful consultants about anything that goes bang?

I really do owe that company (Discovery) a debt of gratitude, but seriously, they're great at hiring idiots for consultants and writers on all this. No matter how good the guys on the show are, the editing and voice overs for this will be cringe-worthy, I just hope it goes multiple seasons so I can watch it on mute.

BCmJUnKie
01-27-11, 00:02
Did anyone watch the first episode? Pretty cool. I would say $24,000 not bad for fabricating a mount to accomodate a saiga to AR handguard lol. Seems like a pretty cool shop to work in.

Dirtyboy333
01-27-11, 02:28
I've watched some of the video clips for 'Sons of Guns'. Anything that publicly portrays firearms in a positive light is a good thing, in my opinion. But I do have some issues with the writing and editing of the show - Will, the shop owner, refers to a 16" AR carbine as an 'M-16' and a 37mm flare launcher as an 'M-203 grenade launcher' Grrrr. And in the episode where they mount a Saiga-12 shotgun under an AR for breaching, they give NO credit or discussion to the similar models fielded to .mil units over the last 30 years - as if this was a brand new idea. Ah, well - if they can bring their productionquality up I hope they'll be successful.

LOL i was telling my dad the exact same things that you have mentioned while i watched the show with him.

Ned Christiansen
01-27-11, 08:01
Nothing against Red Jacket-- I don't know anything about them. I'm sure they're good guys and this sounded like a ton of fun.

But I am generally disgusted with shows of this type. When they use a sound man to dub in the proper Hollywood "silencer sound" instead of using the actual sound track of the weapon firing, when they shake the camera to makea truck look like it's about to fall through the ice, all the scripted, silly drama...... yuck. Credibility: zero. Interest: shaking and about to fall through the ice.

I do intend to watch this show and hope to find it different!

BigBuckeye
01-27-11, 08:16
I enjoyed the Civil War cannon.....I also kind of like this guy....not sure why...didn't see anything to make me think this is the "finest custom shop"

I'll still watch for a while..

mbogo
01-27-11, 08:25
My wife and I watched this show last night. I laughed, my wife shook her head repeatedly throughout.

Maybe that is 'the finest custom shop' in Baton Rouge, but they're certainly NOT someone I would do business with.

mbogo
P.S. Is the daughter truly obnoxious, or it just my perception?

Thursday
01-27-11, 08:25
I enjoyed the Civil War cannon.....I also kind of like this guy....not sure why...didn't see anything to make me think this is the "finest custom shop"

I'll still watch for a while..

I'm with you here. I did enjoy it, seemed like a couple good old boys that like to shoot and blow shit up. Little drama that I saw.

SkyLine1
01-27-11, 09:09
Unfortunately their actions and peoples perception of guns will be in the negative. I turned it off after 15 min of watching.

I do wish him luck and hope I'm wrong in every way, but popping of simulations in a parking lot in front of your buisness (why poor gasoline on the fire?).

Just my opinion.

BCmJUnKie
01-27-11, 09:32
Im liking it so far...it was only the FIRST episode...I think that some people that had certain "expectations" and not an open mind tend to have that same negative attitude when the show is aired. Stay positive! You never know!

Trajan
01-27-11, 09:49
A picatinny-picatinny mount? Genius!:rolleyes:

$1500 for a Colt sporter with 37mm?

kartoffel
01-27-11, 09:56
I also kind of like this guy....not sure why...didn't see anything to make me think this is the "finest custom shop"

Red Jacket certainly knows how to convert Saigas and how to run a mill and dremel. They're good people. I can also see why most shops would flat out refuse doing a TV stunt like this.

But their "custom" Master Key wasn't all that great. Basically they can get away with it because they're already SOT and have the capacity to manufacture stuff like that.

All it was, was an AOW'ed Saiga with a Chaos USA quad rail bolted underneath a YHM rail on the AR. That's it... and that was the final "improved" version.

Nobody_Special
01-27-11, 10:02
I don't understand why that PD went to him when they could have just bought one here from a real manufacturer.

http://sgcusa.com/Class-III-Short-Barreled-Shotgun/c205_235/p3659/Knights-Armament-Masterkey-12-Gauge/product_info.html

jklaughrey
01-27-11, 10:02
Some have stated well at least it is good for the industry and will bring more to the table. So any press is good press? Wrong, not all bad press or publicity is good. This guy is doing a disservice to the firearms industry and professionals alike. He only solidifies what the left and Anti's think about us. Beer slurping, porch sitting, Bars and Stars flying, blowin' shit up radical killers.

Forgot, IQ of Forrest Gump!

Militant83
01-27-11, 10:12
Not too impressed with this show. I believe there are plenty of way better shops out there that could have been on the show. From looking at his site my 13 year old brother could have put an AR together like the over priced one he shows.

And as much as people dont want to see drama involved. There are 2 key elements in reality TV that keep people watching and that is sex and drama. You got the hot daughter to take care of the sex side and im sure the drama will begin to unfold in later shows.

krm375
01-27-11, 10:18
He could have gone to another master key weapon system. When I was active duty we took those things off of our weapons, they were just to heavy. Since when does the breacher go in the door first?

mbogo
01-27-11, 10:26
You got the hot daughter

I disagree; she is not hot, even when silent. She comes off as petulant, bossy, and eminently domineering.

It looks like the team has fun while doing what they enjoy, but I had to laugh at some of their thought processes and 'solutions'.

The shop may get a lot of business from this show, but not from me.

mbogo

onado2000
01-27-11, 10:42
I don't understand why that PD went to him when they could have just bought one here from a real manufacturer.

http://sgcusa.com/Class-III-Short-Barreled-Shotgun/c205_235/p3659/Knights-Armament-Masterkey-12-Gauge/product_info.html

I agree, with this statement. Although the Saiga looked bulky and odd, it is semi auto (not pump) and has a 10 round mag (vs. 3 rnd. tube).
I do like the idea of a shotgun silencer though. Did you noticed the customer was not wearing ear protection when he fired it for the first time? I find this show interesting but time will tell.

BCmJUnKie
01-27-11, 10:52

Keepin the business local man. lol

jklaughrey
01-27-11, 10:56
I agree, with this statement. Although the Saiga looked bulky and odd, it is semi auto (not pump) and has a 10 round mag (vs. 3 rnd. tube).
I do like the idea of a shotgun silencer though. Did you noticed the customer was not wearing ear protection when he fired it for the first time? I find this show interesting but time will tell.

Can see it now. Guy at the range, asks another guy why the back brace support. Guy says, "Oh it is for my Tacticool, high speed SF ninja Saiga 12 breacher attached to my Oly M-16 that those guys on TV made for me. First guy shakes head and walks away. Gun nuts of this caliber are worse than getting crabs from your sister.

rdm
01-27-11, 11:13
I've actually met Will Hayden in person, been to his old shop and shot some of his Class 3 weapons.

Dude's AK work is impeccable, seriously, its very, very well done. Finishes are fantastic, and he can basically do anything you want (within reason )on that specific platform. I don't know about his AR knowledge, and he might be better suited to the AK platform.

That being said, simply ask those who have utilized his services in the past. He does exceptional work, and stands behind it fully.

Atchcraft
01-27-11, 11:15
I liked it. True, they're not a high-speed, low-drag shop and I have no interest in checking out there shop. But, it kept me entertained and it's a far cry from most of the other shows out there. Something about that guy that I really liked. As for what the "left" will think of it, I could honestly care less.

I didn't see any beer slurping or pourch sitting, but that's probablly because I was sitting on my pourch, slurping beer at the time. Nothing wrong with profiling I guess. Admit it, you know you want to see the flame thrower episode!

Fr3EK
01-27-11, 11:49
I actually kind of liked it. He seemed, along with everyone else, very laid back and was being themselves and enjoyed building these guns. It is alot better than some stuff on the tv now.

kartoffel
01-27-11, 11:56

They're Southerners. It's traditional to throw business to your friends and neighbors, even if there are possibly better choices available.

fiddly_foo
01-27-11, 12:00
HOT daughter my a$$ look at her buck teeth they look like they cut you sideways. I will be supprised if this show lasts 4 weeks before it's gone. Ever since american choppers got big everybody is trying to fine the next big thing and I tell you this isn't it.....

Nobody_Special
01-27-11, 12:33
She's a butterface. Nice body, but her face needs work

caelumatra
01-27-11, 14:23
"DADDY??!!!!"

Ugh. That sound was so awful!

Gunpowder
01-27-11, 16:02
Just great more crap on TV. I think it's insulting that TV producers think we're this f-ing dumb.

Don't take it the wrong way. If you like it that's great I understand the concept of mindless entertainment but these shows rub me the wrong way.

Scoby
01-27-11, 16:35
It was okay. Best thing about it was the cannon.

Hit the hay bale on the first shot? I wonder how many times it really took them to do it and edit it in.

Daughter is no doubt spoiled rotten. "There's not but two people that tell my daddy what to do. That's me and God"

Really?

Scoby

Redmanfms
01-27-11, 18:35
They are the preeminent AK builders in this country. A lot of the stuff they build isn't necessarily my cup of tea, but folks saying they "aren't impressed" simply don't know what they don't know.

I haven't watched the show because reality TV bores me. That said, producers can edit together things in such a way as to make what they want. All the people I know who've dealt with Will and Red Jacket have nothing but good things to say about his service and professionalism, in fact I don't believe I've ever read anything negative about his work on any of the AK sites I frequent. That says a lot if you ask me.

kartoffel
01-28-11, 00:01
They are the preeminent AK builders in this country.

Don't forget Krebs, Tromix, E-Tac... even Arsenal.

I haven't dealt with Red Jacket personally, but I roll with some Saiga fanatics and they speak very highly of Red Jacket.

On the other hand, their "Shootrite Katana" is clearly overpriced and falls far to the right side of the chart. :no:

Judge them if you must, but Red Jacket has balls for agreeing to go on a reality TV show. Wisdom? Perhaps not. But balls? In abundance. And you can be certain that their business will pick up because of this show. So what if it's not our kind of clientele, Red Jacket will still be making bank and having fun making guns.

skyugo
01-28-11, 01:44

from the previews gold rush looks like a bunch of yahoos running heavy equipment. Somebody is gonna get killed

mnoe82
02-03-11, 06:44
Watched the show again last night. If their target shooting is anything like their gun building, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.

Also, why are you shooting tracer rounds in the middle of the day into a field of dry grass? :rolleyes:

However, the Flame Thrower and the MOH WW2 Vet was pretty awesome. LOVED seeing that old timer strap on that thing. Awesome.

Thomas M-4
02-03-11, 08:42
Watched the show again last night. If their target shooting is anything like their gun building, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.

Also, why are you shooting tracer rounds in the middle of the day into a field of dry grass? :rolleyes:

However, the Flame Thrower and the MOH WW2 Vet was pretty awesome. LOVED seeing that old timer strap on that thing. Awesome.

Yea I watched it last night couldn't understand why in the hell they would run tracers first in that M-2 it looked like it took 20-30 rounds before they got it up and running. Guess it had to break in but why would you use tracers?

The flamethrower was the best episode yet . If my memory is correct that vet got his Medal of Honor during the battle of Iwo Jima by taking out a bunch of bunkers that were covering the beach. The old timer could still use that flamethrower :cool:

Also saw the episode with the master-key :rolleyes: I don't even know how to respond to that.

ucrt
02-03-11, 10:20

I don't think the show is favoring gun-owners in a good light.
- Shooting the flare gun in the middle of Baton Rouge about 1/4 mile from a large Mall?
- Finger on the trigger multiple times.

They changed their website-last week they offered an "Accurized" Oly AR for only $1800.

That SWAT Team was the West Feliciana's S.O. (St. Francisville). Can't believe they would fire that contraption 1-time and call it GTG?? and then order 8 more?? Guess SWAT Leader just wanted to get on TV.
If they had mounted that cannon under and AR...now that would be fun to watch! :)

Other scenes that made me say...hmmmm?
- Paying $1500 for a flare gun?
- Suppressed shotgun never been done before...?
- That Saiga/AR contraption is going to Revolutionize door breeching?
- Loaded a wad of balled up tinfoil in the cannon??
- That bale of hay, like it was portrayed, looked to be a 100 yards or so? The trajectory through the bale looked like it was near horizontal, so they must have been like 20' away.

If someone wants to speculate for an investment, buy tons of blue eye shadow. That daughter is setting a new trend, so I'm sure women everywhere will be packing it on like her. You'll make a killing in a few months. ;)

But maybe it's just me...

jklaughrey
02-03-11, 11:13
That 1800.00 Oly better come with "extra" services from the daughter for that price....wait, they better pay me to take that whiny, bitchy, snaggle out.

Mjolnir
02-03-11, 16:46
Im sure some of you have seen the previews...well you should go check out the clips on discovery channel.com. You can watch clips of the show, I just got done watching the masterkey attachment, well they are mounting an AK on a M4. It looks pretty cool. All I know is where can i pick up a job application for testing the stuff! :D OOPS! I made a mistake, It was a saiga, not AK.
Right around the corner from home... Makes me homesick.

Moose-Knuckle
02-03-11, 16:55
Watched the episode on the M2. . ., firing a .50 BMG into wilderness area with no back stop and started a couple of wild fires! :nono:

One of the guy's had his head in front of the muzzle while they were "fix'n" the gun mounted to their 4x4.

Iraqgunz
02-04-11, 00:52
Even worse was the fact that they totally fail to mention anyhting about setting the headspace and timing. This happens to be a very important step in the process.

It's also not a state secret and the procedure is very easy if you research it.

Watched the episode on the M2. . ., firing a .50 BMG into wilderness area with no back stop and started a couple of wild fires! :nono:

One of the guy's had his head in front of the muzzle while they were "fix'n" the gun mounted to their 4x4.

nickdrak
02-04-11, 01:03
Typical reality show BS. I bet the entire episode was scripted. I doubt that actual deal for the 8 "MasterKey's" ever really happened. It was likely all fabricated for the purpose of the show.

The Master Key monstrosity was ridiculous. Overweight, oversized and completely unpractical.

Iraqgunz
02-04-11, 04:09
What was really funny was they acted like they invented the damn thing. Even my wife who knows Jack Shit about guns (except what she hears me babble about) knew that there was already such a thing.

They probably could make some cool stuff, but let's be real for a minute.

Typical reality show BS. I bet the entire episode was scripted. I doubt that actual deal for the 8 "MasterKey's" ever really happened. It was likely all fabricated for the purpose of the show.

The Master Key monstrosity was ridiculous. Overweight, oversized and completely unpractical.

skyugo
02-04-11, 15:26
That 1800.00 Oly better come with "extra" services from the daughter for that price....wait, they better pay me to take that whiny, bitchy, snaggle out.

oh man this thread is brutal :D

Safetyhit
03-13-11, 22:30
Today I saw that they were not only intelligent enough to design a mountable shotgun for an ATV, but that they also took the time to film a potentially dangerous pig hunt with the wonder of ingenuity. I'll tell you, it takes a special shooter to down a pig walking 15 ft in front of him with a magazine fed mounted shotgun. As a lifelong hunter, I'm so proud they took the time to record the amazing event for us all to enjoy.

And yes, the .50 tracers into dry brush were truly impressive to say the least.

Hmac
03-13-11, 23:29
Will Hayden might very well be a firearms genius, but personality-wise on this show, he comes off as a huge dickhead. I'd rather listen to Paul Senior.

sandman99and9
03-14-11, 12:38
I really tried to watch a few shows and not be biased against it but they make all gun owners look like a bunch of inbred,redneck morons !!
I wanted to jump through the screen and beat some ass with all the stupidity I see on that show.

Take a beautifull thompson and **** it all up ? Why not buy a modern SBR rifle if you want rails ? Everything they make looks like some shit you would order out of the BudK website to sell at the flea market.

I forget how much it was for the 2 suppressed .22's ( $3500 ?? )
and don't get me started on the 2 idiots that were buying them.

As much as I hate listening to Paul Sr. bitch and yell I would rather watch that crap than sons of guns. This coming from a guy that loves any and all firearms !!

S.M.

SW-Shooter
03-14-11, 13:39
I know you guys take firearm safety and knowledge very serious.

But I like those coon ass hillbilly gunsmiths that make up cool shit faster than a pop tart in the toaster. Given no ATF to worry about I bet these guys could manufacture stuff that would make your eyes melt.

Are they perfect? No
Do they do it per M4C standards? No

But, I for one couldn't think of a better job, well maybe to work at LT.

These guys don't need our criticism, they need our viewership and applause, there ain't nothing better than Cajun boys shooting and blowing shit up. It's TV for Christs sake. Remove the Tampax.

Artos
03-14-11, 14:14
How did the splicing / mating of the M4 and 870 shotgun project come together??

I saw the beginning of the le who wanted the combo for breaching but never did catch the end...i thought the concept was kind of a strange request but it wasn't my money & just curious how it turned out.

Titleist
03-14-11, 14:34
These guys don't need our criticism, they need our viewership and applause, there ain't nothing better than Cajun boys shooting and blowing shit up. It's TV for Christs sake. Remove the Tampax.

The minute they stepped in front of a camera they signed away any rights to NOT be judged. Tough shit, looks like a hick, acts like a hick, must be a hick.

Some of us are trying to change the perception of what gun owners can be, outside of a redneck stereotype, this does not help.

SHIVAN
03-14-11, 15:04
Some of us are trying to change the perception of what gun owners can be, outside of a redneck stereotype, this does not help.

On Discovery Channel? Hmm....I smell an agenda to do exactly what you describe. Which is paint gun owners as inbred rednecks to a wide audience.

Titleist
03-14-11, 15:07
On Discovery Channel? Hmm....I smell an agenda to do exactly what you describe. Which is paint gun owners as inbred rednecks to a wide audience.

:( Sad but true.

ucrt
03-14-11, 15:55

RJ is getting a pretty bad reputation around here about how they're handling things. A friend that works at a large gun shop Baton Rouge told me the RJ guys come in recruiting people to "walk-in" their Shop.

A local SWAT Team leader I know told me they have asked to "borrow" their FA weapons and a Team to "play along" with their dumb ideas. He turned them down.

Wonder who the top-secret double-aught tactical guy was that went by his initials (CB or something?) and wanted RJ to build a remote controlled AR to protect his company's contract guys in the Mid-east? :haha:

Looks like they're getting desperate... no telling what they are going to come up in future episodes??

Iraqgunz
03-24-11, 15:48
Ok, I am now calling bullshit on this program. There is no way in hell that any legit Navy unit is going to go to them for twin mounted "M16's" when they have belt fed machine guns at their disposal.

Not to mention that what they are doing is essentially an ORDALT or Ordnance Alteration and some local unit commander does not have the authority to authorize such a modification. Having worked with the Navy I can tell you that they are very ANAL when it comes to weapons and weapons policies.

MeanRider
03-24-11, 16:17
or the fact that he no rank on and no nametapes. was the only one in cammies. Twin water cooled M16s with an eotech. Even my wife called the BS flag on this one.

Thomas M-4
03-24-11, 16:40
Ok, I am now calling bullshit on this program. There is no way in hell that any legit Navy unit is going to go to them for twin mounted "M16's" when they have belt fed machine guns at their disposal.

Not to mention that what they are doing is essentially an ORDALT or Ordnance Alteration and some local unit commander does not have the authority to authorize such a modification. Having worked with the Navy I can tell you that they are very ANAL when it comes to weapons and weapons policies.

But.. there trying to get a contract for it:sarcastic:

Iraqgunz
03-24-11, 17:19
I totally forgot about the Eotech shit. My wife was watching the episode as well and she said; "what's sad is that I don't know dick about guns and even I know what they are doing is bullshit'.

I think that is sig line material.

or the fact that he no rank on and no nametapes. was the only one in cammies. Twin water cooled M16s with an eotech. Even my wife called the BS flag on this one.

Iraqgunz
03-24-11, 17:23
They didn't make a typical "master key". They built an Über special Saiga master key.

How did the splicing / mating of the M4 and 870 shotgun project come together??

I saw the beginning of the le who wanted the combo for breaching but never did catch the end...i thought the concept was kind of a strange request but it wasn't my money & just curious how it turned out.

Moose-Knuckle
03-24-11, 18:52
I have watched several episodes now and I will not be wasting my time with them anymore.

In two different episodes there where different couples that went in the store front to buy their first firearm for home defense. The main guy refused to sell anything to them, basically calling them idiots and to get out. BS, if you are in business to sell firearms you would EDUCATE your potential customers. Have them go to a range and shoot, etc.

Same guy tells one lady on another episode that she needs a suppressed Walther P22 for home defense. :rolleyes:

God damn ass clowns.

BCmJUnKie
03-24-11, 19:39
[QUOTE=Moose-Knuckle;949380]I have watched several episodes now and I will not be wasting my time with them anymore.

In two different episodes there where different couples that went in the store front to buy their first firearm for home defense. The main guy refused to sell anything to them, basically calling them idiots and to get out. BS, if you are in business to sell firearms you would EDUCATE your potential customers. Have them go to a range and shoot, etc.QUOTE]

I dont know man...I would have done the SAME thing. Appointment only means appointment only! How many training schools are there? Not to mention information online about firearms? Those people are MORE than capable of finding other sources. Im in a business where I have to answer stupid ass questions and take an hour out of my time (or more) to get a "okay well ill think about it" or "well thats not really what I was looking to spend"...ONLY to see the client a week later with a piece of shit. Its really frustrating. So ya, those people had NO business in there.

warpigM-4
03-24-11, 20:01
yeah He did them a favor .He likes the "Contractors" that want a Uber Cool roof Mounted M-16 remote Control :rolleyes:
I guess the 240 Bravo or 249 SAW Don't cut it for Suppressing Fire. That show is a joke sort of like the water cooled Double Mounted M-16s Dump 300 rds get a heat reading of 700 degrees .
Add Copper tubing and Bubba some 50 Cal can with a Pump for water.

Run 30 rds and get a 77 temp reading and they all High five each other. I like to watch it Just to Cuss at the TV:laugh:

ucrt
03-24-11, 20:53

What about the "invention" of the 12" long .410 shotgun "kill stick"? They were acting like they invented a new fire arm and that every alligator hunter down here would have to have one. Bulllll.... Ain't no true-blue alligator hunter wanting to put his hand 12" from the biting end a 600 lb pissed-off reptile that you just hooked in the throat.

I hope I do not own a gun that the guy that built it had to use a side grinder or a hand held drill or a die grinder or a stick welder to put it together!

Moose-Knuckle
03-24-11, 21:06
I dont know man...I would have done the SAME thing. Appointment only means appointment only! How many training schools are there? Not to mention information online about firearms? Those people are MORE than capable of finding other sources. Im in a business where I have to answer stupid ass questions and take an hour out of my time (or more) to get a "okay well ill think about it" or "well thats not really what I was looking to spend"...ONLY to see the client a week later with a piece of shit. Its really frustrating. So ya, those people had NO business in there.

Does he have a sign that says appointment only? Were those couples just walk-ins? If that is the case then his store front needs to be LOCKED to not allow admintance to every tire kicker that comes along.

I use to sell firearms for a living. I ALWAYS offered up my advice as a firearm SALESMAN for a first time buyer whether it was for deer season, dove season, or home defense. If you are sick of tired of the same old questions then why be in the line of work that you are? It's the nature of the beast in sales.

As a responsible gun owner and an avid firearm enthusiast/activist the guy's at Red Jacket are a bad representation of the hobby/sport/industry.

ucrt
03-24-11, 21:16
Does he have a sign that says appointment only? Were those couples just walk-ins? If that is the case then his store front needs to be LOCKED to not allow admintance to every tire kicker that comes along.

=========================================

I have had more than a couple people tell me Red Jacket guys actively go out to legitimate gun shops trying to recruit "walk-ins" for their show.
I will say that a couple of the ladies he had "walk-in" looked pretty good, I'm sure they were "want-to-be" girl friends he was trying to impress by getting them on TV, since there has been no mention of a Mrs. Red Jacket.

But they guys that "walk-in", I swore I could hear bajo's playing in the background when they came in...

Belmont31R
03-24-11, 21:54
I stopped watching after they started shooting pyrotechnics off in the middle of what looked like a city.

cop1211
03-25-11, 00:36

Exactly, that was totally retarded. I can appreciate the concept, but why in the world would you go with rifles? And not at the least saws, or 249's? Totally bogus. Those rifles are going to be crap after the first "mission". I watch the show for laughs, and got a big one with that episode.

SWATcop556
03-25-11, 05:41
My favorite line was "We were able to get a M16 to do something it wasn't designed for."

Exactly it. It wasn't designed for that type of use. The EOTech mounted in the middle was a joke too. Which rifle was it sighted in for since they were both parallel and about 18 inches apart?

I also liked the footage of how they spliced together a 30 round mag dump to make it look like a 100 round beta dump then tried to compare the temps.

It's a ****ing joke TV show, but notice how we keep talking about it?

SWATcop556
03-25-11, 05:45
Also not being a .mil guy myself, what unit would go to a private company to have some bullshit bubba concept like that thrown together? Didn't seem legit .mil to me. The LT in the paintball-ish camp BDU's and no patches, name badge, insignia, etc was iffy at best as well.

M4arc
03-25-11, 06:34
Also not being a .mil guy myself, what unit would go to a private company to have some bullshit bubba concept like that thrown together? Didn't seem legit .mil to me. The LT in the paintball-ish camp BDU's and no patches, name badge, insignia, etc was iffy at best as well.

When I saw the LT I immediately called BS. That was all the proof I needed to decide it's all staged BS.

Iraqgunz
03-25-11, 06:52
I wonder if I can get them to build me a reliable piston AR that uses Ak magazines, has a suppressor and a master key? I also want a special feature that will shock anyone who picks it up other than me. It will of course have a biometric scanner built in.

ALCOAR
03-25-11, 07:23
I wonder if I can get them to build me a reliable piston AR that uses Ak magazines, has a suppressor and a master key? I also want a special feature that will shock anyone who picks it up other than me. It will of course have a biometric scanner built in.

If your biometric scanner builder falls through, send me a PM for a quote....I not only build the world's finest built in biometric scanners for firearms but I specialize in poppa-piston kits made in Russia. We also carry large supplies of both KNS pins and accuwedges should you need to re supply on those as well:)

http://www.imfdb.org/w/images/thumb/9/9e/SEUDesertEagle-6.jpg/600px-SEUDesertEagle-6.jpg

mnoe82
03-25-11, 07:23

You're way off base IG. Everybody knows you need a katana on your AR. What a noob

Business_Casual
03-25-11, 08:52
I like the show. It is entertainment, no more.

B_C

kdcgrohl
03-25-11, 09:18
I like the show. It is entertainment, no more.

B_C

My feelings as well.

bkb0000
03-25-11, 09:26
i'm not sure i've ever seen the show- i know if i have, it's only been snips on youtube- so i don't have any idea how bad it is.. but if it presents evil, scary black guns in a non-threatening, fun, constructive light, even if it's a bunch of dumb hick or biker types, i think it's probably doing more good than bad.

BCmJUnKie
03-25-11, 11:12

I use to sell firearms for a living. I ALWAYS offered up my advice as a firearm SALESMAN for a first time buyer whether it was for deer season, dove season, or home defense. If you are sick of tired of the same old questions then why be in the line of work that you are? It's the nature of the beast in sales.

As a responsible gun owner and an avid firearm enthusiast/activist the guy's at Red Jacket are a bad representation of the hobby/sport/industry.
Red Jacket is by appointment only. I agree to an extent. I ALWAYS try an be helpful and answer questions...you say you used to sell firearms for a long time, then you know the people that are there to buy something or the people that just talk and waste your time.

Iraqgunz
03-25-11, 16:31
Hmmmm......maybe a piston SBR that has a real katana attached to it, with a mini-flamethrower and a masterkey. You have me thinking now.

You're way off base IG. Everybody knows you need a katana on your AR. What a noob

mr_smiles
03-25-11, 17:35
Hmmmm......maybe a piston SBR that has a real katana attached to it, with a mini-flamethrower and a masterkey. You have me thinking now.

Dont forget model rocket launcher mounted under your masterkey, and microwave oven.

warpigM-4
03-25-11, 17:36
:shout: BAHAHAHA you made me snort with that one

BCmJUnKie
03-25-11, 20:41
What about survival? Im thinkin I want a buttstock I can fill up with hawaiian punch and my grip will be storage for some goldfish crackers...then I use my vertical grip for storing M&M's. How many CR123 batteries do you actually need? I only change batteries once in awhile...Im hungry ALL THE TIME

SkiDevil
03-25-11, 23:09
It's a ****ing joke TV show, but notice how we keep talking about it?

I hate to admit it, but I have been watching the show too.:o

IG, UCRT, Warpig, and BCM junkie...

You guys are ****ing killing me. That is some funny shit. Almost, spit out my coffee.

Maybe, IraqGunz and some of our more knowledgable members should offer some technical assistance, particularly with the ARs.

SkiDevil

P.S. Two of the comments/ statements which really stood-out to me were when Will Haden stated that "Vince" the baldheaded guy with the Tattoos is the only qualified gunsmith machinist in the shop and the AR expert.

13MPG
03-26-11, 01:29

Nah, it needs to be an SBR with a masterkey that shoots katanas. Now that would be cool. I guess if they couldn’t design a masterkey that could shoot a katana I would settle for one that could shoot sporks.

warpigM-4
03-26-11, 02:59
Have you seen the season finale preview yet It is going to be Epic they base their design on a toy gun and Bald dude say"great now i am stuck on this project building Macgyver lunch box"

a Mac-12 380 folds out of big square box with a .........................wait for it............................Flashlight :suicide2:

and then it shows the grinders and drills just a turning BAHAHAHHA I will get the Popcorn out for this one . I really hope it does not get picked up for season part deux maybe Charlie Sheen can stop by and show them how to make the Chicken Bow.with UTG rails of course

warpigM-4
03-26-11, 03:08
Maybe, IraqGunz and some of our more knowledgable members should offer some technical assistance, particularly with the ARs.

yeah maybe a Buttstroke to the Head

Iraqgunz
03-26-11, 05:09
I'll be the first to admit I am not a gunsmith nor am I a machinist. But, I have a brain and have been exposed to quite a few weapons in my lifetime. I have also rebuilt and built several AR's and I know what works and what doesn't.

They don't want to do serious stuff because it is most likely boring and won't get them the ratings.

They also probably subscribe to the school of "parts is parts".

I hate to admit it, but I have been watching the show too.:o

IG, UCRT, Warpig, and BCM junkie...

You guys are ****ing killing me. That is some funny shit. Almost, spit out my coffee.

SkiDevil

P.S. Two of the comments/ statements which really stood-out to me were when Will Haden stated that "Vince" the baldheaded guy with the Tattoos is the only qualified gunsmith machinist in the shop and the AR expert.

markm
03-28-11, 11:19
I finally caught a sliver of this nonsense last night (with the Thompson F/A conversion). Completely un-watchable and absurd. Couldn't even finish the episode. :rolleyes:

I think the producers of these idiotic shows are the starting point of where they totally depart from reality.

Trajan
03-28-11, 20:34
Isn't that "gator kill stick" technically a pen gun?

warpigM-4
03-28-11, 23:00
Isn't that "gator kill stick" technically a pen gun?

No it is a get your hand bitten off by a pissed of gator Stick:D

it is based on the pen gun ,but to them they invented it.and all the Gator hunters will knock their doors down to get them:rolleyes:
i guess they don't take the time to watch Swamp people .
these Guys Have been hunting Gators for generations and they all use 22 LR and 22 Mag rifles and they NEVER put their hand that close to the Gator until he is dead.And I Have heard them say that anything bigger than a 22 would ruin the Hide of the gator

Also it would have been easier to Go to a scuba shop and get a BOOM Stick that they use on sharks.it has a fixed firing pin and the Shell holder screws to a part with a spring, So as you push it against the shark it discharges the round and it is about 3 to 4 feet long

JSantoro
03-29-11, 12:53
A co-worker exposed me to clips of this show.

We're no longer on speaking terms.

In meetings, I relay all dialogue to him through my boss: "El Jefe, please tell Ricky-Bobby over there that..."

kartoffel
03-29-11, 14:48
What if you just said "I love really thin pancakes", is that a fair compromise?

warpigM-4
03-29-11, 18:44
A co-worker exposed me to clips of this show.

We're no longer on speaking terms.

In meetings, I relay all dialogue to him through my boss: "El Jefe, please tell Ricky-Bobby over there that..."

HAHAHAA That is Classic

mnoe82
03-31-11, 05:43
At this point I'm just watching to see how bad this show can get.

Last night was just a total joke. One of the guys buys an airsoft Magpul FMG and they decide to "introduce" that product to the market. They make it seem like it was a product they created. They also made it seem like they had never seen the Magpul one which tells me how out of touch these guys really are.

Oh and guess what? They decided to use a reliable gun... an M11 :rolleyes: So they replaced the Glock with an M11 and packed the box full of "survival" kit. Less functional than the Magpul and it looked AWFUL. I guess that's the Red Jacket MO though at this point.

R/Tdrvr
03-31-11, 09:08
Last night was just a total joke. One of the guys buys an airsoft Magpul FMG and they decide to "introduce" that product to the market. They make it seem like it was a product they created. They also made it seem like they had never seen the Magpul one which tells me how out of touch these guys really are.

This is why I stopped watching after 2 episodes. They don't make anything that isn't already on the market. Of course, the show will get them a bunch of customers who have no clue, and think they're buying something "unique". :rolleyes:

Iraqgunz
03-31-11, 11:55
The best part of the show was fixing that MG42 and making it run.

At this point I'm just watching to see how bad this show can get.

Oh and guess what? They decided to use a reliable gun... an M11 :rolleyes: So they replaced the Glock with an M11 and packed the box full of "survival" kit. Less functional than the Magpul and it looked AWFUL. I guess that's the Red Jacket MO though at this point.

Thomas M-4
03-31-11, 13:51
Watched it last night the MG-42 was the best part. I wished they would have just done the whole show around the MG-42. Instead I had to see that abortion of a flash light gun which I believe was the worst POS I have seen so far from that show.

I came to the conclusion last night there is a serious problem on how they decide what to do for the shows. For example there was one episode a older gentleman brought in a Maxim MG they quoted him a price he was fine with it. They get in the back of the shop and looked at it closer and figured out it was going to take a lot more shop time than they original quoted. The old guy couldn't afford it so they gave it back then they went on to make one of those abortions I would have much rather seen them work on the Maxim. Even if he had to eat some of the cost. If the show has given them a 600% increase in business seems reasonable to eat some loss as long [ with in reason of coarse ] if it improves the quality of the show.

ucrt
03-31-11, 20:10
Watched it last night the MG-42 was the best part. I wished they would have just done the whole show around the MG-42. Instead I had to see that abortion of a flash light gun which I believe was the worst POS I have seen so far from that show.

I came to the conclusion last night there is a serious problem on how they decide what to do for the shows. For example there was one episode a older gentleman brought in a Maxim MG they quoted him a price he was fine with it. They get in the back of the shop and looked at it closer and figured out it was going to take a lot more shop time than they original quoted. The old guy couldn't afford it so they gave it back then they went on to make one of those abortions I would have much rather seen them work on the Maxim. Even if he had to eat some of the cost. If the show has given them a 600% increase in business seems reasonable to eat some loss as long [ with in reason of coarse ] if it improves the quality of the show.

=====================================

I thought that was in poor tastes too, especially the way they were ooohing and aahing over the old man's gun. Heck in all actuality, they should have paid the old man to use it in their show.
Kind of just figured it was another "staged" event, like the people that just casually walk-in to an appointment only shop.

Welll...some people's kids.... :rolleyes:

kartoffel
03-31-11, 21:07
If the show has given them a 600% increase in business seems reasonable to eat some loss as long [ with in reason of course ] if it improves the quality of the show.

If the show's given them a 600% increase in business, they ought to hire somebody who knows what they're doing. The M2 BMG specialist guy was a step in the right direction, but then he bugged out before the project was done.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/MovieLawyer/defaultaspx.png

Thomas M-4
03-31-11, 23:23
If the show's given them a 600% increase in business, they ought to hire somebody who knows what they're doing. The M2 BMG specialist guy was a step in the right direction, but then he bugged out before the project was done.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/MovieLawyer/defaultaspx.png

The expert that they flew in to help them build the M2 BMG was trying to explain some history behind the weapon and Will goes on TV saying [ I didn't fly him out here for a history lesson] or words to that effect.
I actually thought was pretty disrespectful considering he was doing it for free [or at least that is what was said ] I would have rather listened to that guys history lesson than to see shop horsing around :rolleyes:

The biker dude seems to know some stuff. He did say on film he didn't want to mess with the flashlight abortion and he said he didn't want to put rails on the Thompson SMG . The yesser boss man guy I just wish they would edit some of his idiot comments out. The guy that came up with that flashlight gun or magpul FMG-9 want to be abortion doesn't belong in a shop that thing he came up with looks like a pile of warm shit. There was a previous episode were he tried to make a sword and he ****ed it up also Will had to go behind him to try to salvage it.
The new guy that built the MG-42 seems to know the system I would have much rather seen more on how he did it.

BCmJUnKie
07-25-11, 23:59
Anyone see the trailer for next weeks show? Jesus Christ...the CHOPPER guys are teaming up building a bike wit guns on the handlebars.

Now THERE'S a practical/tactical idea. Lets send motorcycles into combat.
Looks like a train wreck but Im still gonna watch it:suicide2:

Cant anyone nowadays do anything cause they LOVE it? Or do you have to sell out after you make it on T.V?

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
07-26-11, 01:28
Anyone see the trailer for next weeks show? Jesus Christ...the CHOPPER guys are teaming up building a bike wit guns on the handlebars.

Now THERE'S a practical/tactical idea. Lets send motorcycles into combat.
Looks like a train wreck but Im still gonna watch it:suicide2:

Cant anyone nowadays do anything cause they LOVE it? Or do you have to sell out after you make it on T.V?

I really wanted to like this show initially and thought it was good at first. Now I just imagine people like Sarah Brady using this show as fodder for new restrictions. They do such stupid things like Will (or whatever his name is) firing off a 410 in the building. Totally idiotic. Now I'll only watch to see rare or cool title 2 guns and even that's getting ruined for me. And a 1000 yard ak cause "our boys over there need something that will reach out to 1000 yards. If we can pull this off I have high hopes for us?" Really do these guys have no clue e various branches already employ semis like the Barrett and m110? I highly doubt it can do anything remotely better than currently fielded systems and actually get contracted out by any branch. And firing off a few groups highly qualifies it as good to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Dirtyboy333
07-26-11, 02:34
I really wanted to like this show initially and thought it was good at first. Now I just imagine people like Sarah Brady using this show as fodder for new restrictions. They do such stupid things like Will (or whatever his name is) firing off a 410 in the building. Totally idiotic. Now I'll only watch to see rare or cool title 2 guns and even that's getting ruined for me. And a 1000 yard ak cause "our boys over there need something that will reach out to 1000 yards. If we can pull this off I have high hopes for us?" Really do these guys have no clue e various branches already employ semis like the Barrett and m110? I highly doubt it can do anything remotely better than currently fielded systems and actually get contracted out by any branch. And firing off a few groups highly qualifies it as good to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
i couldn't agree more!!! I wanted to like this show from the beginning but its just too ridiculous and obviously scripted far beyond what it should be.

I know i might sound crazy but i really believe the producers have an agenda with this show and its obviously to make all gun owners to appear stupid, inhumane and dangerous.

The clip that stands out mostly in my mind is in an earlier episode, the happy younger guy (the one who was used for the movie) said something like "I want a robot with spider legs that holds 2 full auto AK's and patrols around shooting anything that moves". Its been a while since ive seen it so i know that those aren't his exact words but you get the point.

I like the guy speaking of and i know he's just joking around but it seemed like the producers cut, trimmed and tailored thimat clip from hours of footage for no other point then to make us look like barbarians.

armakraut
07-26-11, 04:17
Will is a great guy, an absolute crack-up to talk to, highly knowledgeable and an excellent AK smith. He was an AK aficionado a long time before it was popular. He has done a lot of work for me over the years on AK's, not only was the work good, but the rates were always reasonable.

The show is really popular with casual gun owners.

Things like 9/11, the war on terror, and Katrina combined with military themed shoot 'em ups and shows like Sons of Guns have pretty much driven the coffin nails into gun control for several generations. The people who bitched about you buying a bushmaster ten + years ago are the same people who are bitching about how you showed them "some stupid chart" after their dumb ass bought a bushmaster last year.

R/Tdrvr
07-26-11, 07:02
And a 1000 yard ak cause "our boys over there need something that will reach out to 1000 yards. If we can pull this off I have high hopes for us?" Really do these guys have no clue e various branches already employ semis like the Barrett and m110? I highly doubt it can do anything remotely better than currently fielded systems and actually get contracted out by any branch. And firing off a few groups highly qualifies it as good to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Funny thing is, they didn't even fire that AK out to 1000yds. Like you stated, the current systems being used are far more accurate than an AK. And wasn't there already an AK based sniper rifle called the SVD? Oh, and what are the "high hopes"? That the military is going to order a ton of AK "snipers"? :rolleyes:

J-Dub
07-26-11, 14:22
I'm sorry but the 1k yard ak was a ****ing joke. 2800 bucks for a POS when you could spend an extra 200 bucks and get an OBR....lol right.

Then to throw out the "send it to the boys overseas"....that just pisses me off. Thats 100% for bubba moron that actually believes our military (or any contractor for that matter) would use the P.O.S.

Maybe Mr. Will doesnt know about the M14 or KAC EMC....

His complete lack of safety also pisses me off, does this guy even know the top 3 rules of gun safety? Obviously NOT since i saw him break them in almost every show.

This show is a disgrace to the firearms community (owners and Manf.'s)

mhanna91
07-26-11, 14:29
There was a marathon of episodes on the other day leading up to the 1k yard AK episode. One of the previous ones was the triamese M-16 episode. When his buddies come to the shop and they do some target shooting with the Desert Eagle .44, the close up shot of the target being hit with that gun (all shots touching of coarse :rolleyes:) was the same clip or sequence of the close up view of the target from the 1k yard AK. So their "target cams" are bogus in the first place, so who knows how it was performing? lol

SteyrAUG
07-26-11, 14:40
This show makes my ****ing head hurt.

They should call it "Swamp Guns." More "Bubba ****ed" guns than in a Tapco wet dream. Watching these guys try and cobble together Thompson entry guns with rails and Master keys just made me want to cry. And the "sniper AK" was tested at what 25 yards?

:rolleyes:

Daughter is cute though, they should give her a show.

BCmJUnKie
07-26-11, 14:43
[QUOTE=SteyrAUG;1057284]This show makes my ****ing head hurt.

They should call it "Swamp Guns." More "Bubba ****ed" guns than in a Tapco wet dream.QUOTE]

:lol:

Iraq Ninja
07-26-11, 16:12
I think some of you are taking it all too seriously. Yes, they make shit up and come up with ideas that are not practical, but such is the entertainment requirement for the average American viewing audience.

Yes, I know we don't like seeing guns portrayed in such goofy manner, but it sells.

It must be hard not to resist pimping your guns and reputation when you get 100,000 bucks worth a business in the month after the first episodes.

If you want reality, watch Making the Cut...

SteyrAUG
07-26-11, 16:53
I think some of you are taking it all too seriously. Yes, they make shit up and come up with ideas that are not practical, but such is the entertainment requirement for the average American viewing audience.

Yes, I know we don't like seeing guns portrayed in such goofy manner, but it sells.

It must be hard not to resist pimping your guns and reputation when you get 100,000 bucks worth a business in the month after the first episodes.

Perhaps we finally understand what all the black folks were complaining about back in the 30s and 40s when they were constantly portrayed as ignorant jungle savages.

That is sort of the way I feel when I see shows like this.

Not sure they really had a reputation to worry about, they have been making goofy shit for awhile now.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/BADAZZ4USMC/ZK-MRSBR.jpg

armakraut
07-26-11, 17:18
Perhaps we finally understand what all the black folks were complaining about back in the 30s and 40s when they were constantly portrayed as ignorant jungle savages.

Black people actually hire other black people to do that now... :lol:

Safetyhit
07-26-11, 20:28

It has indeed become an extremely poor representation at the very least. What we're seeing is another reality show (the now scourge of TV) trying over and over to top itself rather than actually keeping things real. And they'll likely go on and on until they implode via lost ratings due to ludicrous episodes.

The only reason they're relevant here because of their advocacy of firearms, which I'd be delighted to see them represent with a bit more discretion. Of course they may say; "Well then we'll become stale", but in my opinion that's just due to the simple minded, dollar fueled network staff's persuasion.

That said, they all seem to be feeding into it fairly comfortably, so let them reap what they sow.

J-Dub
07-26-11, 20:50

I do, and i love the show.

BCmJUnKie
07-27-11, 18:48
I do, and i love the show.

Ya Making the cut is badass. They need to bring back Future Weapons with Mac...that show was badass too.

kwelz
07-28-11, 00:59
Ya Making the cut is badass. They need to bring back Future Weapons with Mac...that show was badass too.

Mac is now on Deadliest Warrior. And he doesn't whisper anymore.

Rider79
07-28-11, 09:48

That's when I stopped watching. I had enough. The local forum I belong to in Vegas is in love with this show. One of the site's commercial sponsors, Jim Fuller from Rifle Dynamics, is friends with Will so the mods shut down any criticism of the show. I've caused 3 threads to be locked just by voicing my disapproval of the show. Anytime someone at work says to me (since they know about my firearms knowledge) "Hey, have you seen that show...", I respond with "Sons of Guns? Just stop talking."

Doc Safari
07-28-11, 09:58
I find it strangely appropriate that the two biggest white trash shows on TV (American Chopper and Sons of Guns) would finally come together. There is a symmetry to the universe after all.

Magic_Salad0892
07-28-11, 10:19
Is Surviving the Cut of whatever the hell any good?

Not Sons of Guns good, but like is it true, and not suck?

BTW: If you think Future Weapons is cool and informative, you're ****ing brain damaged.

''The Tavor has sniper rife accuracy.''

Dude couldn't even hit the target at 300m...

I seriously doubt that guy was a Navy SEAL ever.

JSantoro
07-28-11, 10:35
Surviving the Cut is a damned good show. They're pretty good about not artificially inflating the drama of any individual(s) they highlight in a class, and whether or not he gets a GO grade on....well, making the cut...

Mack....I'd be less incensed at that doofus's existence if people would stop telling me I resemble him, especially if I haven't rendered any insult to them, first. :mad:

Speaking of which, being on Deadliest Warrior and not whispering any more simply alters the nature of his douchery as displayed on Current Weapons, instead of reducing or eliminating it.

BCmJUnKie
07-28-11, 11:00
Is Surviving the Cut of whatever the hell any good?

Not Sons of Guns good, but like is it true, and not suck?

BTW: If you think Future Weapons is cool and informative, you're ****ing brain damaged.

''The Tavor has sniper rife accuracy.''

Dude couldn't even hit the target at 300m...

I seriously doubt that guy was a Navy SEAL ever.

Relax man. It had cool shit on the show.

SteyrAUG
07-28-11, 11:21
I find it strangely appropriate that the two biggest white trash shows on TV (American Chopper and Sons of Guns) would finally come together. There is a symmetry to the universe after all.

Now they just all need to come together with a show called Az Ink.

tb-av
07-28-11, 11:36
I'm not crazy about that Sons of Guns show but do any of you watch One Man Army?

I actually like that show. Last night was Jeep shooting scenario running through a little village until you hit all 10 bad guys. then run up to a bunker and fire grenade. Next was break through walls and doors which must be a part of each show and finally under water mental stress test.

BCmJUnKie
07-28-11, 12:07
I'm not crazy about that Sons of Guns show but do any of you watch One Man Army?

I actually like that show. Last night was Jeep shooting scenario running through a little village until you hit all 10 bad guys. then run up to a bunker and fire grenade. Next was break through walls and doors which must be a part of each show and finally under water mental stress test.

Watched it last night. I like how its done with different people every week instead of "survivor style". I was kinda bummed the old guy from SEAL team 6 got eliminated

tb-av
07-28-11, 12:46
I thought something seemed a bit fishy about that too.

It was hard to believe after watching him shoot the rifle portion.

Then again his grenade shots looked pretty bad too. Maybe eyesight?

At the end of the day if I had to pick a one man army, I would want it to be the guy that won. I think he was indeed all round best.

Magic_Salad0892
07-28-11, 13:05
I was pissed after that butthole Jeff (20 something year old firearms instructor) beat an Airforce dude, a private contractor (who looked like Steve Austin), and a U.S. Marshall.

I hated that guy... wanted the Steve Austin look alike to win.

Travis B
07-28-11, 13:10

I refuse to watch Deadliest Warrior after they said that Spetsnaz were better than Green Berets. And that the AK was better than the M4.

obucina
07-28-11, 13:11

i almost lost my mountain dew throwback on that one!

obucina
07-28-11, 13:13
I was pissed after that butthole Jeff (20 something year old firearms instructor) beat an Airforce dude, a private contractor (who looked like Steve Austin), and a U.S. Marshall.

did you see the episode with the USAF intel guy? All the other dudes were raggin' on him and he "won"? The guy who threw the chairforce reference out was the first to go!

Magic_Salad0892
07-28-11, 13:15
I refuse to watch Deadliest Warrior after they said that Spetsnaz were better than Green Berets. And that the AK was better than the M4.

That was stupid. However they said CIA > KGB.

Take that Commies.

tb-av
07-28-11, 13:16

That's James Yeager.

Yeah, I was surprised the kid won.

Magic_Salad0892
07-28-11, 13:17
did you see the episode with the USAF intel guy? All the other dudes were raggin' on him and he "won"? The guy who threw the chairforce reference out was the first to go!

Yeah. That was the one with the MMA guy who was blind in one eye, and the USAF Intelligence guy was black, and they hung upside down and had to put together an M9 using parts they got from puzzles to crack safes at the last round, right?...

I saw the last two rounds. I liked it.

Iraq Ninja
08-24-11, 18:47
Tonight's episode of SOG features a helicopter gun mount from a company I am associated with here in Texas.

Should be more interesting than their other ideas, and an authentic application- mounting a machine gun on a gyro stabilized mount.

and no, I am not in it since I was out of the country at the time...

Titleist
08-24-11, 18:50
Tonight's episode of SOG features a helicopter gun mount from a company I am associated with here in Texas.

Should be more interesting than their other ideas, and an authentic application- mounting a machine gun on a gyro stabilized mount.

I hear the Talon Mount is the tits. Congrats.

Magic_Salad0892
08-24-11, 20:35

I'd be way more apt to watch it if you, or other M4C members were in it.

Thomas M-4
08-24-11, 21:02
This season has actually been better.

SkiDevil
08-24-11, 22:59
Now they just all need to come together with a show called Az Ink.

I was thinking combining the "Sons of Guns" concept with the "Hogs Gone Wild" show. That would be cool watching the porkers getting shot-up with FA firearms.

Or, how about a pie eating contest between the Biker show guys, Pawn Stars, Myth Busters, Sons of Guns, and a few other of the horizontally enhanced Discovery stars.:eek:

SkiDevil

P.S. I thought One Man Army show was good too.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-24-11, 23:57

The Steve Austin look alike is former fat guy and failed contractor James Yeager. I wont go into the Edinburgh Risk fubar, but lets just say I wont be taking any of his classes.

Magic_Salad0892
08-25-11, 03:31
The Steve Austin look alike is former fat guy and failed contractor James Yeager. I wont go into the Edinburgh Risk fubar, but lets just say I wont be taking any of his classes.

I actually researched that guy. Damn. I wanted to like him too.

BCmJUnKie
10-14-11, 00:18
Its been a long time since I started this thread. Not sure if anyone still reads it or not.

So I just watched I think the NEW episode, they are putting a Taser on a shotgun for LEO.

I havent had police training, but isnt that REALLY bad??

Having a NON-lethal weapon mounted to a shotgun?

Its trigger activated (Taser), wouldnt there be a possibilty of sympathetic reflex??

What if the bad guy had a suddun movement or charged police, sounds like a bad idea and a lawsuit if you ask me

SteyrAUG
10-14-11, 01:37
Its been a long time since I started this thread. Not sure if anyone still reads it or not.

So I just watched I think the NEW episode, they are putting a Taser on a shotgun for LEO.

I havent had police training, but isnt that REALLY bad??

Having a NON-lethal weapon mounted to a shotgun?

Its trigger activated (Taser), wouldnt there be a possibilty of sympathetic reflex??

What if the bad guy had a suddun movement or charged police, sounds like a bad idea and a lawsuit if you ask me

I could probably come up with 60 reasons why that would be a really bad idea. But at least it's consistent with everything else they do.

CoryCop25
10-14-11, 01:45
As very few people on here know, I have absolutely no love for Red Jacket for personal reasons. My opinion on this episode, which I did not watch completely, is like most of the other episodes. Son's of Guns are taking ideas that very few people know that they have already existed and are airing them to a larger group of people and taking credit for it. The perfect example is I believe their first episode when the made the "Master key" which was a KAC idea many years before Son's of Guns existed. The TASER idea is something TASER already has and it is designed to go on a NON lethal shotgun that fires their TASER Xrep projectiles. And YES Styer, lethal weapons should never have non lethal weapons hanging off them. Look at what happened in the BART transit incident a few years ago.

BCmJUnKie
10-14-11, 01:50
The perfect example is I believe their first episode when the made the "Master key" which was a KAC idea many years before Son's of Guns existed. .

Even look at the "1000yd AK", I believe that was developed also...30 years ago. Pretty sure it was called the Dragonuv.

CoryCop25
10-14-11, 01:51
Even look at the "1000yd AK", I believe that was developed also...30 years ago. Pretty sure it was called the Dragonuv.

I forgot about that one! Very funny!

Alex V
10-14-11, 06:47
Quite a few times now when people find out I enjoy the firearm hobby I get asked if I watch that show... I just do a face slap and walk away.

I honestly think that in area's where firearm ownership is not as prevalent as others, people who see this show really think this is what guns are about. Stupid modifications made to shitty guns.

Is it just me or are the only thing those guys sell are Saiga 12s? Thats all they ever seem to talk about.

Even when they had a cross promotion with Paul Jr's bike building show, what did they give Mikey as a gift? I red painted Saiga 12. WTF

If only the chick on the show was hot and there was more of her, I would sit through the stupidity, but even that's not happening. :laugh:

R/Tdrvr
10-14-11, 08:09

Yeah, the one they tested out to only 50 yds. :rolleyes:

BCmJUnKie
10-14-11, 11:07
Yeah, the one they tested out to only 50 yds. :rolleyes:

Hahaaa! Exactly!

Yet he is some kind of innovator.

I guess you really cant blame him too much, I imagine the producers would have alot to do with what he builds

Doc Safari
10-14-11, 11:31
I wasn't going to bore everyone with a rant about how I despise the boss on that program, but I just can't restrain myself. He reminds me of a couple of assholes I've worked for. The guy licks his customers' asses and treats his employees like a sack full of dirty socks. I would never give him a dime of my money for that reason alone. Reminds me why I retired to a ranch in the first damn place. I can't watch the program without my blood boiling.

Magic_Salad0892
10-14-11, 21:28
I admittedly like the helicopter mount for the M240 they made.

The race gun-UZI was retarded.

Iraq Ninja
10-14-11, 22:52
I wasn't going to bore everyone with a rant about how I despise the boss on that program, but I just can't restrain myself. He reminds me of a couple of assholes I've worked for. The guy licks his customers' asses and treats his employees like a sack full of dirty socks. I would never give him a dime of my money for that reason alone. Reminds me why I retired to a ranch in the first damn place. I can't watch the program without my blood boiling.

Don't confuse reality with reality TV.

Will and his crew have done a lot for our wounded warriors, but that doesn't always make it onto the show.

Rumor is that Season 3 may be less "stun guns" and more "fun guns".

In regards to the helicopter weapon mount, it was a real world, real client based episode.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/sons-of-guns-shoot.jpg

Magic_Salad0892
10-14-11, 23:01
In regards to the helicopter weapon mount, it was a real world, real client based episode.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Iraqninja/sons-of-guns-shoot.jpg

They need more of that. I liked that (half) of that episode.

Also, I didn't know that you worked for Paradigm. Assuming that's what your signature means.

Iraq Ninja
10-14-11, 23:13
I teamed up with the "Paradigm Boyz" in July after a friggen long time in the sandbox. I guess I missed pork too much to stay gone forever.

The gryo mount in the show was a simple, mechanical version and we have since moved on to a fiber optic version that is simply the best on the market right now.

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 01:53
The gryo mount in the show was a simple, mechanical version and we have since moved on to a fiber optic version that is simply the best on the market right now.

Would you say the fiber optic version is better than what they built?

Thomas M-4
10-15-11, 02:17
I find it hard to give full credit to RJ for the gyro stabilized mount when there was that other was another history channel show that did a very similar thing with a a gyro stabilized bow mount. In-fact my first guess is they used the same gyro system. The History channel show name escapes my memory at this moment. But they modernized ancient weapons.
Had a weird nerdy dude as the machinist.

Iraq Ninja
10-15-11, 07:58
RJ really only came up with a swing arm to mount into our Talon base mount. It was only used for the show and stayed with them The gyro was just a simple one and in fact you probably don't need it for a machine gun.

But, that is reality for a reality show.

The Paradigm SRP Facebook page has better pics of the new system, and a video of it in action.

A fiber optic gyro is much faster than a mechanical one. It is like comparing a butter knife to a light sabre.

Magic_Salad0892
10-15-11, 11:52
RJ really only came up with a swing arm to mount into our Talon base mount. It was only used for the show and stayed with them The gyro was just a simple one and in fact you probably don't need it for a machine gun.

But, that is reality for a reality show.

The Paradigm SRP Facebook page has better pics of the new system, and a video of it in action.

A fiber optic gyro is much faster than a mechanical one. It is like comparing a butter knife to a light sabre.

I take it you've shot the one that RJ built. Am I right?

Iraq Ninja
10-15-11, 15:31
I take it you've shot the one that RJ built. Am I right?

Nope. I was overseas when they filmed it.

skullworks
05-25-12, 17:16
I apologize for the necro-posting (no I don't - screw you guys! :D) For the past year or so various friends and acquaintances have been asking me if I, "saw the latest episode of Sons of Guns?" Well, I don't own a TV, so the answer has been no.

But, now I have.

The first few episodes I saw I was getting pissed at how they reinvented already existing products (as an example their TASER-mount is a POS compared to the already existing TASER X-rail (which has been around for almost a decade)). But, then I saw the behind-the-scenes episode and something dawned on me: these guys are better than this. They get paid to do BS projects that the producers dream up. And, in specific regards to the Maxim, anything that requires more than a week's work is a no-go for the show.

And yeah, that PMC and the Brown Water Navy LT were both BS; I expect them to be listed on imdb (http://www.imdb.com) playing those parts

And, though it might be a mute one, to prove my point: Playing with Guns (http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/2011/07/24/playing-with-guns/).

Though your average Joe might not get a kick out of it, I'd much rather see an episode of Flem putting together the MG42 than Chris ripping off Magpul.

The same thing holds true for the "American Guns" show - though they do have the advantage of showing some actual gunsmithing.

One final note; for some reason Will from SoG seems like he'd be more fun to hang out with than Rich from AG. Will seems to be genuinely excited about some of their projects whereas Rich just has dollar signs in his eyes. (Rich wins in the hot daughter competition though... But you didn't hear me say that.)

Iraq Ninja
05-25-12, 23:23
Truth is that SoG is at the top of the food chain right now in terms of ratings. As long as you don't take it too serious, it is ok fun. While I enjoy shows like TacTV, I doubt it will ever come close to SoG in terms of ratings.

That said, I must admit that we (Paradigm SRP) are heading back next month to shoot another episode with SoG and I am trying my hardest to make it interesting. Lets just say that what we got planned may be one of the best shows they have ever done. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the ride... it ain't reality, but it will be better than most of the stuff on cable.

1_click_off
09-21-12, 19:23
A buddy of mine picked up one of their AR's used. Trying to find it on the website to see if he got a decent deal or not. I cannot find the model he has. It is a kmp-mkI. I see the mkII but not the MKI.

He picked it up for $600. So no matter what, he did decent.

Does anyone know what the MKI is?

Safetyhit
09-21-12, 19:39
He picked it up for $600. So no matter what, he did decent.

If it has any functional issues any time soon then no, he did not do decent. We get your main point, but no amount of savings can replace full reliability.

1_click_off
09-21-12, 19:55
Just a country boy that might shoot it twice a year, if that. But I get your point also. I wish he would run it hard to see if it will hold up. He is going to get a case of ammo this weekend and he will probably run a good bit of it through it Sunday. I will ask him how it does.

mallowpufft
09-21-12, 20:19
If it has any functional issues any time soon then no, he did not do decent. We get your main point, but no amount of savings can replace full reliability.

Even if it sucks more donkey balls than a $5 whore he can still resell it for a few hundred dollars more if it has the Red Jacket logo all over it.

Tapatalk ate my spelling and grammar.

1_click_off
09-21-12, 20:31
Even if it sucks more donkey balls than a $5 whore he can still resell it for a few hundred dollars more if it has the Red Jacket logo all over it.

I couldn't strip it because of the location, but it has the logo all over it. I guess they have someone manufacturing their lowers for them. It has their serial number, logo, location rolled or forged into the lower. I don't know, maybe they do it all in their shop.....

mallowpufft
09-21-12, 20:34
I couldn't strip it because of the location, but it has the logo all over it. I guess they have someone manufacturing their lowers for them. It has their serial number, logo, location rolled or forged into the lower. I don't know, maybe they do it all in their shop.....

Doesn't matter if they make it or have Aero make it. Red Jacket is hot right now so if he tests and UT fires but isn't worth keeping he could easily sell it to the right crowd for enough to cover a Colt.

1_click_off
09-21-12, 20:37
I don't have a way to post the pictures of it, but if someone wants to PM me their cell, I can text them and you are more than welcome to post.