PDA

View Full Version : Fans Of The Green Hornet TV Series...

SteyrAUG
01-21-11, 01:34
SyFi channel will be showing all 26 episodes of the original Green Hornet series starring Bruce Lee as Kato on Friday, Jan. 28th.

I DVRd all of them when they first ran them on the 11th. I had seen many, but not all of them. Unlike the other William Dozier production "Batman" the Green Hornet series wasn't as campy or juvenile except for the last "men from space" episode. They tended to try and cater to an adult audience which was rare for a "super hero" show.

While the series might stand on it's own merits, obviously Bruce Lee made it greater than it was. Having seen all his films and a few episodes of Hornet, it was a distinct pleasure to finally see all of them. It was obvious that even in 1966-67, several years before his first Hong Kong films he was an incredible talent.

In fact he is far more dynamic in this series than in his first film "The Big Boss" aka "Fists of Fury" (1972). While his showcased talents were often brief to prevent him from overshadowing the main character they are still remarkable.

And it is a welcome relief to once again see an actual martial artist who possesses actual ability display it without the use of gimicks, special effects, CGI or any of that Matrix horseshit I've come to despise.

Standout episodes are:

The Silent Gun
The Preying Mantis starring Mako.
The Hunters and the Hunted
May the Best Man Lose
Bad Bet on a 459-Silent