PDA

View Full Version : MK12 MOD 0

O4TM3AL
01-21-11, 12:31
Writers warning: I am quite smitten with the original mod0 and have no desire to hear or see anything about the mod1 or further generations on this thread, pretty please.

So after spending all of this morning reading every thread that I could find on the MK12 (and if I did miss one or more, please excuse my idiocy), I still haven't found a finite, measurable answer to my question;

Which is most accurate in terms of both military specifications and shooting ability, the ADCO MK12 build or the BCM MK12 build? I am interested to hear what you all have to say on the matter!

I looked into building my own from parts but dammit, both BCM and ADCO offer their uppers for cheaper than I can build my own. Maybe I will get lucky some day and centurion arms will build a mod 0. :)

Thanks for the input.

RFC

Militant83
01-21-11, 17:03
From what I have been told in the past centurion and High Caliber are the only places that sell the true MK12 barrel off the same machines that make them for the SF community. All others are just made to to the specs of the original MK12 barrels. But I have heard good things about the BCM version..

JBRIII
01-21-11, 17:12
I have an Adco upper on an LMT Lower. Added a Geissele Match Trigger. I have the Ops Inc Can and it is amazing. I don't think you can go wrong there. It can shoot much better than I can.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/jbreamsiii/jrarpartialform.jpg

Stickman
01-23-11, 00:43
Maybe I will get lucky some day and centurion arms will build a mod 0. :)

Thanks for the input.

RFC

Why not just have Monty build you a Mod O?

O4TM3AL
01-23-11, 01:10
Why not just have Monty build you a Mod O?

would he do such a thing!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TehLlama
01-23-11, 23:51
Centurion or HighCaliber - both can do it, if the barrel itself isn't as critical (for parts match), you can start with a BCM Stainless or White Oak Arms and have them built up to match (BCM or by ADCO)

If cost is a limiting factor, I'd look used, or at the ADCO. If it's not, then the two first options are absolutely worth it.

Planning on running it with a 12th?

nobody knows
01-26-11, 18:20
Sorry for the off topic noob question, but what exactly is the mod-0. And how is it any different then a standard M4/AR type weapon? And why the steep price from adco. Thanks.

Brian1/75
01-26-11, 19:22
Sorry for the off topic noob question, but what exactly is the mod-0. And how is it any different then a standard M4/AR type weapon? And why the steep price from adco. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_12_Special_Purpose_Rifle

O4TM3AL
01-26-11, 20:42
Anyone know what monty would charge to build me a mod 0 if i gave him parts? I can't seem to find his mail on the centurion arms site or i would ask myself. My budget isn't limitless but I can spend about 1700 from the slush fund.

nobody knows
01-26-11, 22:06
Brian 1/75 thanks alot very good info on that link. Much appreciated.

jvencius
01-26-11, 22:08
Anyone know what monty would charge to build me a mod 0 if i gave him parts? I can't seem to find his mail on the centurion arms site or i would ask myself.

monty@centurionarms.com

O4TM3AL
01-29-11, 00:04
monty@centurionarms.com

You're a peach sir, thanks!

krm375
03-21-11, 15:14
I will say that The MK12 MOD O is my favorite as well and Wes Grant at MSTN built me a hammer, It may not have the exact barrel, but that guns shoots great. I attached it to a Noveske lower, with LMT stock, Geisselle HS national match trigger. I have taken it to 600M with excellent results using 77gr BH. I just need to get the ops inc for it now.