PDA

View Full Version : 75 expiration dates

rsgard
01-21-11, 13:43
Saw this on yahoo thought it was worth posting

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/505/77-surprising-expiration-dates/

not all of it is food.

1GIG
01-21-11, 14:06
Expiration dates are just a guide. It doesn't make sense to me that I can eat something one day, but if I wait and wake up the next morning then its bad.

rsgard
01-21-11, 14:18
Expiration dates are just a guide. It doesn't make sense to me that I can eat something one day, but if I wait and wake up the next morning then its bad.

Obviously it doesnt happen in a day but at some point things begin to break down, stuff begin to grow. The expiration date to me is when things are just starting to go downhill and need to be closely inspected.

B Cart
01-21-11, 14:27

I agree that expiration dates are probably just a general guideline, except for milk!! :blink:

You can have a nice glass of good milk one day, and the next morning it is totally bad! There's nothing worse than taking a big drink of cold milk only to realize it's sour :shout:

rsgard
01-21-11, 15:20
I agree that expiration dates are probably just a general guideline, except for milk!! :blink:

You can have a nice glass of good milk one day, and the next morning it is totally bad! There's nothing worse than taking a big drink of cold milk only to realize it's sour :shout:

Exactly!

Thats my point with expiration dates. Normally you just take a drink but after the expiration date you smell it, look at it, take a sip, then its good to drink.

Spiffums
01-21-11, 19:54

More to the point one day it's Sweet Milk......... the next it's Buttermilk. :haha: