PDA

View Full Version : Travis Haley leaving Magpul?

Hmac
01-21-11, 14:54
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2011/01/20/travis-haley-pops-smoke-leaves-magpul-dynamics/

Wish him the best.

RogerinTPA
01-21-11, 15:15
Wow! Never saw that one coming. Oh well...may he have even greater success in his future endeavors.

SHIVAN
01-21-11, 16:02
Sometimes people just need to do other things, for any number of reasons. It's not like Travis is leaving and he's not going to teach/instruct/consult any longer.

It's not like Magpul is closing their doors with Travis' departure either.

They will most likely both be wildly successful. Kudos to all involved.

Oscar 319
01-21-11, 16:13
Post from Travis on Facebook;

Guys I know there is a lot of confusion but after the show there will be more explaination,... More to come.

And NO Chris and I are not split up! LOL

Magpul will still be Magpul.

Travis Haley will still be "Dynamic".

dy·nam·ics: n. a pattern or process of change, growth, or activity.

He will do well, as will Magpul.

cbyrd556
01-21-11, 16:22
Interesting to say the least. Sad to see him leave Magpul, but I am really excited to see what he does in the future. Travis is a class act and I'm pretty sure we all wish him the best. At least he left of his own accord on good terms. I'm sure Costa will have some smarta$$ comments about this at some point. :)

BushmasterFanBoy
01-21-11, 20:12
As far as I can tell, this is just Travis's way of becoming less tied to Magpul on an official level, which frees him up to do all sorts of stuff for the ENTIRE industry. A wise move, if that's what indeed has taken place.

Dozer
01-21-11, 21:31
Interesting to say the least. Sad to see him leave Magpul, but I am really excited to see what he does in the future. Travis is a class act and I'm pretty sure we all wish him the best. At least he left of his own accord on good terms. I'm sure Costa will have some smarta$$ comments about this at some point. :)

And why would that be?

SeriousStudent
01-21-11, 21:40
As the others said, my best wishes to Mr. Haley and his family, for continued success in his future endeavors. I appreciate his contributions to the work at Magpul. He was part of a classy group of folks.

I look forward to seeing more of his work down the road.

Irish
01-22-11, 00:55
Interesting news. Best of luck to Travis and the rest of the Magpul team in all their endeavors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_FsYJqkW4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

thebigx
01-22-11, 17:57
Looks like he's already got a place holder on the web for his new company... http://haleystrategic.com/

Safetyhit
01-22-11, 18:27
I'm sure Costa will have some smarta$$ comments about this at some point. :)

Now this would seem like an ideal candidate for fueling a baseless rumor.

BushmasterFanBoy
01-23-11, 17:42
Now this would seem like an ideal candidate for fueling a baseless rumor.

I saw it as suggesting Costa and Haley are still on good terms, as seems to be the case. It'd be unfortunate for Haley's leaving to be a reason that they can't share some good hearted ribbing, that's all I thought cbyrd556 was getting at.

cbyrd556
01-24-11, 20:09
In response to Dozer and SafetyHit. My comment was not meant to be baseless humor. Sorry if I offended ya'll. I made the comment about Costa making a smartass comment to Travis, based on their jovial nature with eachother that I find funny. It wasn't meant to offend anyone. Sorry it was taken that way. Have a good one.

Victor
01-24-11, 20:50
Travis and I had an in-depth discussion at Shot and he will be continuing his very novel approach to gear and tactics.

He's a great thinker and the industry needs more like him.

Vic Di Cosola

PRGGodfather
01-24-11, 22:14
Travis will continue to consult with Magpul Dynamics, and any rumors of the Travis/Chris partnership's demise are greatly exaggerated.

They won't be working together quite as frequently; but nothing can keep either of these two men from achieving their goals -- whether together or individually.

It's just another chapter in the books of their professional lives, and we wish them both only very best.

Steve
01-25-11, 07:32
Travis is a good thinker and has had some great ideas

Semizal0311
01-25-11, 08:19
What’s this business about Travis lying about his credentials? Granted it just people commenting on the article but kind of took me by surprise.

Joeywhat
01-25-11, 08:41
...Granted it just people commenting on the article...

That should probably give you a good idea of the validity of those comments...

I'd at least wait for a reasonably trustworthy source before propagating a pretty nasty rumor...

SuperiorDG
01-25-11, 13:10
I guess this explains why Travis is not in the new video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18dOzeDtpr4

Titleist
01-25-11, 13:15
I guess this explains why Travis is not in the new video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18dOzeDtpr4

Yes he is. First guy you see. In fact:

0:7
0:31
0:45
0:54
0:58

He's in there just as much as Chris, Mike O, and of course Mr. Fisher.

tsohg79
01-28-11, 12:44
Best wishes to Travis! Was looking forward to train with him in November.

dravz
01-28-11, 15:48
I wish Travis the best. I know I'll buy whatever he's selling.

R3V3LATIONS
01-28-11, 16:11
Mr. Haley is a skilled warrior, teacher, and forward thinker. Where ever he goes in the industry, he'll get a +1 from me. I wont be abandoning magpul anytime soon either, just threw a bunch of their parts on the bullet launcher :D

Dozer
01-28-11, 17:04
In response to Dozer and SafetyHit. My comment was not meant to be baseless humor. Sorry if I offended ya'll. I made the comment about Costa making a smartass comment to Travis, based on their jovial nature with each other that I find funny. It wasn't meant to offend anyone. Sorry it was taken that way. Have a good one.

No offense taken. Just trying to understand the comment since humor is sometimes difficult to convey online.

Stay safe.

Steve
01-28-11, 19:59
No offense taken. Just trying to understand the comment since humor is sometimes difficult to convey online.

Stay safe.

There you go thinking again Jimmy,:D

Turnkey11
01-28-11, 20:12
Sweet, does this mean Ill be able to get a replacement SimplyDynamic Inc tshirt again? Travis, I need another XL long sleeve, lost my last one in the move to TX.:D

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-29-11, 22:29
Interesting news. Best of luck to Travis and the rest of the Magpul team in all their endeavors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_FsYJqkW4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Interesting to see Travis and Rob together. Having taken some Magpul classes and seen Rob's TV shows, they seemed eirily similar in content and philosophy. I mentioned this to Travis at the carbine class and he said he had participated in a class that Rob had taught and noticed the similarity too. It seems that on their own Rob and Travis had found similar solutions to common problems. Convergent evolution I guess. I think Travis is also physically closer to ICE now too, I wonder if Travis is going to taking any role on TV shows that Rob is involved with. Not having Travis in the Magpul camp would reduce people's complaints about favoritism if he is reviewing gear.

I am always in awe of Travis' cat like moves and his dedication to continually challenging what can be done and how its done.

Travis is looking good. I noticed at the class late last summer that it seemed like he had really bulked up (in a good way). Getting good workouts when you're on the road isn't easy.

Here's to hoping that we see more of Travis now.

RamahX
02-05-11, 21:44
I saw those comments on Military.com... shame. There aren't a whole lot of men with charisma, experience, intelligence, and good looks who could have pulled off what these two did for the AR-15 industry. Whenever someone like Chris and Travis are successful they will always be criticized by idiots.

BZ Travis, and I too will be interested in your next move, training, and products.

(BTW, I heard Chris's behive hairdo was at half mast in mourning... ;-)

LowSpeed_HighDrag
02-05-11, 23:57
So strange for me to see Pincus and Travis together. Strange mix.

Thursday
02-06-11, 00:16
Rock on Mr. Haley. Best wishes to both you and Magpul for the future.

grzechotnik
02-06-11, 05:57
You know We love You, so all We can do is wish You the best!

Chlip :sad:

Rob Pincus
02-12-11, 13:17
Not that strange guys... Travis was going to work for me at Valhalla before we shut it down.. he committed to coming to Colorado before the changes at VTC took place (or were foreseen) and then ended up with Magpul.

He sat in on CFS Instructor Development and was a fan of the program which lead to the conversations about working with Valhalla. The overlaps in concept and terminology are not accidental.

Looking forward to working with him more in the future with his new-found freedom.

-RJP

SuperiorDG
02-16-11, 15:11
Looks like Travis Haley has his website up and running and has located the business in Colorado.

http://www.haleystrategic.com/