PDA

View Full Version : Raven Holster Turn around time?

Boostedxt
01-21-11, 16:11
I am looking into ordering one for my M&P9. I know they are great but whats the current wait time? how long did you guys have to wait for yous to come in?

Thanks
Joe

Hmac
01-21-11, 16:24
16-18*weeks for delivery. Reasonably good alternatives are NTAC or Atomic Dog (I have an NTAC, haven't used an Atomic Dog). I also like BladeTech as an OWB holster.

Karcas
01-21-11, 16:34
As Hmac said, 16-18 weeks. I just ordered one last week for my new G19.

Also, I wanted to make a change to my order a few days after I placed it. I instantly got an automatically generated e-mail telling me that they were going to be at SHOT so there would be a delay in response.
I received an email response first thing the next morning from Tom even though I know he was out to SHOT and likely in his hotel room. To me..... that's top notch and I will be buying again!

Boostedxt
01-21-11, 17:41
Holy crap....thats 4-5 Months. forget that. I know they might be great but I wont wait that long.

dang...

joe

operator81
01-21-11, 17:47
Keep an eye on the Equipment Exchange, they turn up on there from time to time.

one
01-21-11, 17:59
Keep an eye on the Equipment Exchange, they turn up on there from time to time.

Check it several times daily. Those holsters usually sell in minutes of being put up. I'd also both email a seller as well as IM them if possible to assure you're the first in line on the sale.

SW-Shooter
01-21-11, 20:47
Holy crap....thats 4-5 Months. forget that. I know they might be great but I wont wait that long.

dang...

joe

By all means don't wait for top notch equipment. The other stuff may not be as well made or as versatile but it'll do in a pinch. It'll make my wait one person shorter.

Seriously, order one. They don't bill until it goes into the printing phase and by then the wait is a couple of weeks. You'll never regret the wait, their holsters are the best dual purpose in the business.

C4IGrant
01-21-11, 21:09
I am looking into ordering one for my M&P9. I know they are great but whats the current wait time? how long did you guys have to wait for yous to come in?

Thanks
Joe

Ya know that if you buy your M&P from us that you can get a RCS holster instantly (no waiting).

C4

jaxman7
01-21-11, 22:05
Kinda hard to argue with that sales pitch! As usual Grant's a step ahead. You sir would be dangerous as a used car salesman. ;)

-Jax

Ya know that if you buy your M&P from us that you can get a RCS holster instantly (no waiting).

C4

Brimstone
01-21-11, 22:26

C4

Dang. Wish I had known that when I bought my M&P9 from you last year. :(

Robert 02
01-21-11, 22:43
I ordered an HK holster w/ light (10 week lead time) and 2 months in it expanded to 18 weeks. I kept my order but would not do it again as I never received notice that lead time was expanding.
Hey - it's good to have a lot of business but I wonder who is buying all their holsters that it takes 18 weeks. Must be servicing distributors that resell their product, Just a thought.

NotDylan
01-21-11, 23:03
Seriously, just go ahead and order it now. If you don't like it, you can sell it here in matter of minutes for what you paid.

jaxman7
01-21-11, 23:07
With all due respect, if you don't know what's going on behind the scenes at RCS please don't complain. Have you been tracking Tom's (of Raven) thread in the Tactical Gear forum? For months he has gone far out the way to keep us updated on his production status and has apologized countless times on the long wait. He also does this on their Facebook page and who knows where else. There has been an explosion in the kydex market the last year or so, they just switched to a new shop, and other things I am sure have come up. I seriously doubt they are servicing distributors first. It maybe because they have the best product and customer service in their particular market therefore their holsters are in the highest of demand. That sounds like a better reason.

-Jax

I ordered an HK holster w/ light (10 week lead time) and 2 months in it expanded to 18 weeks. I kept my order but would not do it again as I never received notice that lead time was expanding.
Hey - it's good to have a lot of business but I wonder who is buying all their holsters that it takes 18 weeks. Must be servicing distributors that resell their product, Just a thought.

Dos Cylindros
01-21-11, 23:25
If you want one, just order it and wait. The wait will be over before you know it, and will be well worth it. I have two RCS holsters, one for my duty G22 and one for my off duty G23. I have a third for my 1911 on order now. I have never understood the theory of not buying because of wait time, just place the order and by the time they bill you for it, you will only be down to a couple of week wait time.

Their holsters are the best I have ever used at any price or wait time.

Kevin P
01-21-11, 23:54
I agree with others, put in an order and dont think about it. Their customer service and communication has been great.

If you need a holster quickly, buy a Comp-tac. Then you can sell it or keep it when your RCS comes in

At least it is not the wait times that we see with quality leather(which I don't mind). Once you have it in your possession you will see that it was all worth it.

Boostedxt
01-22-11, 00:07
By all means don't wait for top notch equipment. The other stuff may not be as well made or as versatile but it'll do in a pinch. It'll make my wait one person shorter.

Seriously, order one. They don't bill until it goes into the printing phase and by then the wait is a couple of weeks. You'll never regret the wait, their holsters are the best dual purpose in the business.

I am not saying its not top notch. I am just saying 4 months for a product is crazy. I am sure their product is great and I am 100% thrilled that a firearms related company is doing very well.

C4

if you can match a police discount place consider it done for a compact model in 9mm. My FS needs a little brother. $399....whats the chance?

Joe

Hmac
01-22-11, 07:01

I had the same experience with a holster I bought for my M&P with light. I ordered it Sept 29, just got notified yesterday that it just went to "in production". Looks like it's going to be a couple more weeks.

I rarely carry that pistol with a light, so long (and changing) lead times aren't a problem for me. Those times have kept me from buying other Raven products, though. I have several BladeTech and a couple of NTAC products that I've bought "instead of".

Really, there's nothing anyone can complain about. RCS is very up-front about their lead times...it's prominently stated on page 1 of their website - so no one is being fooled...and there are several alternative options available for those that don't want to wait.

1_click_off
01-22-11, 07:09
M4 has so much info if you know where to look. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=66581

I am order 1219? I ordered Oct.12th and it looks like I only have a couple more weeks.

newyork
01-22-11, 07:16

C4

This is a great deal. You will definitely wait 18 weeks or more, if you're getting an M&P9 anyway, why not take Grant up on this? His price is great and he will install night sights and the Apex stuff.

C4IGrant
01-22-11, 07:56
Kinda hard to argue with that sales pitch! As usual Grant's a step ahead. You sir would be dangerous as a used car salesman. ;)

-Jax

LOL, I would make a horrible used car salesman. Lying to people just isn't my thing.

C4

C4IGrant
01-22-11, 07:56
Dang. Wish I had known that when I bought my M&P9 from you last year. :(

We didn't offer this option last year (recent thing).

C4

C4IGrant
01-22-11, 07:57
. Must be servicing distributors that resell their product, Just a thought.

Incorrect. They do not have dealers or distributors.

C4

TomF
01-22-11, 11:32
Incorrect. They do not have dealers or distributors.

C4

Thanks for chiming in, Grant.

He's right, guys. We do not have any dealers or distributors. The only place to order an RCS holster is from our webstore. The lead time comes from customers just like you guys, as well as our military and federal LE contracts.

I've literally just stepped in the door from SHOT. I will be working through emails and other correspondence over the weekend. As always, if anyone has questions feel free to post it on M4, FB, or email us directly.

Regards,

Tom

Dos Cylindros
01-22-11, 11:53
I would like to add that I don't know Tom or anyone at RCS personally, nor have I ever met them face to face. However, their participating on this forum, and others (i.e. facebook) in an effort to keep good lines of communication with their customers is a huge clue......they are stand up guys. I for one will continue to order from them regardless of wait time.

Lucky Strike
01-22-11, 12:55
I agree with others, put in an order and dont think about it. Their customer service and communication has been great.

If you need a holster quickly, buy a Comp-tac. Then you can sell it or keep it when your RCS comes in

This is the correct way to go about any long holster lead time.....when it's all said and done you'd only be out like $15 or whatever from selling the Comp-Tac but you'd get a holster to use over the next 4 months and then the holster you really want when it shows up.

CyberM4
01-22-11, 14:46
Do what I did when I placed my first order from RCS. I bought a CompTac Paddle for my HK45. Since I had no holster and the wait at RCS does not bother me. I have the Phantom for my HK45. Plus I like the way their dual mag holder sits on my belts.

GhostB14
01-23-11, 19:05
I ordered a Comptac CTAC for my G19 with no light so I could get the gun on while I wait for my RCS LC. In the end I will have the best of both worlds. One for IWB no-light carry and one for OWB light carry. Of course due to the awsomeness of the RCS line I will have the option for IWB light carry if I want as well. Options are good. If I had to do it over again, I would do the same thing...Well maybe I would have ordered two RCS LC holsters.

The Dumb Gun Collector
01-23-11, 22:22
I always do what Cyber did. I order a Comp-tac paddle and wait patiently (more or less) for Raven to cobble-together my holster. Where is my P30 holster!!!?:D

TomF
01-23-11, 23:40
I always do what Cyber did. I order a Comp-tac paddle and wait patiently (more or less) for Raven to cobble-together my holster. Where is my P30 holster!!!?:D

Cobble together? I might have to bump you down a thousand orders or so for that!! ;)

thelaw
01-24-11, 09:52
Quality holsters from quality manufacturers take time. I'll wait 6 months for a Milt Sparks Leather holster. Raven is top notch and has a huge following. As long as a company is upfront about the wait time, it allows the buyer to make the choice.

Many others have already suggested an alternative to the wait. Order a Comp-Tac and a Raven. Wear the Comp-Tac and then sell it when the Raven arrives. :)

SW-Shooter
01-24-11, 16:10
Cobble together? I might have to bump you down a thousand orders or so for that!! ;)

Before mass manufacturing a Cobbler was the only man you could count on to make shoes, leather works, etc..... I'd take it as a compliment. Can you bump mine up a thousand for that.

GhostB14
01-24-11, 17:13
A.lways
B.e
C.obbling

Chuc
02-19-11, 07:08
It really does suck to wait so long for a Kydex holster and there are a few other options out there, but nothing equals Raven in quality and options. I remember when I first looked into Raven the lead time was 5 weeks. I said no damn way I was going to wait THAT LONG for anyone's stinking holster. Now I am 18 weeks into my wait. It is terrible. I even got pissed and tried to cancel my order. But because of guys like Tom at Raven, I retracted my cancellation and am going to stick it out. Nobody has the quality, cuts, gun selection, light and laser selection, and customer support that Raven provides. I myself cannot order a standby holster just to fill in the time. You can see for yourself how other custom Kydex manufacturers are getting some success and lengthening their lead times also. Stick it out with Raven Concealment for the best.