PDA

View Full Version : Don’t lose your keys.

5pins
01-21-11, 16:33
My mini Gunvault quit working last week. I don’t think the batteries were dead because I was still getting beeping sounds and I could hear the motor making noise after I put in the code.

The problem was that when we moved from Washington to Texas last summer I packed the keys away and for the life of me can’t remember where. So I called the Gunvault Company to have a new set made. However my gunvault was made by the original Gunvault company that went bankrupt and the new company has no way of making replacement keys for the older models.

The tech on the phone suggested I try drilling the lock out and if that did not work then bust into it. The way he said good luck at the end of the call did not inspire confidence.

http://generalcartridge.net/images/Photo0136.jpg

jklaughrey
01-21-11, 17:47
Can you say target practice!:D

randolph
01-21-11, 18:44
I suspect you'll be posting up in a few days about how you found your keys :D

Suwannee Tim
01-21-11, 18:46
I thought the thread was going to be about loosing car keys. As a canoe trip leader I could tell you some lost keys stories. My favorite was at the end of a 146 mile eight day trip. Someone had lost their keys, I asked them where they thought they lost them. Gesturing upriver they said "back there somewhere." Another time I lost my work keys on the Arkansas Buffalo River. When I asked for new keys I was told that I would have to go look for my lost keys. :D:D "Look for my keys on the Buffalo River? On company time? At company expense? Hell yeah!" Needless to say that didn't happen.

skyugo
01-21-11, 21:06
i lost the keys to my truck sometime during a 24 hour mountain bike race an hour and a half from home. luckily i was able to bum a ride back home with some bike shop coworkers, then got a ride back down to my truck from another coworker whose parents lived in the area (i gave him 20 bucks, and he had dinner with his folks)
race went from noon to noon. i didn'get home til 9 pm that night, no sleep. :eek:

5pins
01-21-11, 21:50
I suspect you'll be posting up in a few days about how you found your keys :D

No doubt.

markdh720
01-22-11, 03:18
This is the exact reason I will never buy another safe that is not secured with a combo lock.

I had a safe with a keypad combo lock and the batteries were constantly dying. The scenario of me needing to get my gun out of the safe with dead batteries and no more batteries in the house was unacceptable. Keys can be lost or stolen, so that rules that option out for me too. Give me a good old fashioned dial combination lock any day.