PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Quick Questions-DD M4V3

Jellybean
01-21-11, 17:00
So I finally got my rifle- a Daniel Defense M4V3. :dance3:

As I was looking it over I noticed a couple things:

The safety seems a little odd- when moved from 'safe' to 'fire' it makes one 'snick' like usual. But when moved from 'fire' to 'safe'
it makes more of a 'ka-snick', almost like it's slightly catching on something, and I can feel a noticeable two-stage movement. I looked in the lower as I played with it a bit, and for the life of me I really don't see anything wrong. It also seems to do it more when manipulated slowly...

Also I'm assuming DD test fires their rifles before shipping, as there was some slight BCG wear, and brass flakes on the bolt.

SomeOtherGuy
01-21-11, 20:31
The AR-15 safety selector has a catch at both ends (the brass detent fits into a drilled recess in the selector at each end of the 90 degrees of travel). When you push down on it to go from safe to fire, you overpower the first catch very easily, to the point where you probably aren't noticing it. When you push up with your thumb knuckle to return to safe, you have much less strength and are more likely to notice both catches.

Yes, DD test-fires their rifles, so signs of slight use / slight wear are perfectly normal.

Jellybean
01-22-11, 23:39
I see.
I was just a little worried, as this wasn't as obvious with the selector on my previous rifle.

Thanks!

SiGfever
01-23-11, 08:08
Congratulations on a very fine rifle that will serve you well.