PDA

View Full Version : DVDs - Close Quarter or Tactical Shooting

NightFighter
08-29-07, 14:34
I am looking for suggestions on the best DVDs related to close quarter and tactical shooting. :rolleyes:

Mojo58
08-29-07, 17:47
I'm very happy with the "Inside the Crucible" series with Kelly McCann. Some good info and he instructs very well for the new shooter. I started with "Close Quarters Shooting disk #4" and then picked up #2. I have the whole series and find all of them very helpful because he goes into the explanation of how and why to do it a specific way as well as the things to consider when faced with a lethal confrontation. My "gamey" friends didn't find it too helpful because it's not directed toward that group. Disk #2 explains the way the body processes a stressful situation and why it is important to be consistent in everything you do. The students in his class are for the most part the average guy and his goal, as explained in disk #1 is to illustrate how anyone can learn the fundamentals of combat shooting and the realities that differ so much from what we watch on television and on the movie screen. Even his Tactical Carbine set is in my collection and I've found it to be very informative with some good drills that are included in my range sessions.

NightFighter
08-29-07, 18:17
I'm very happy with the "Inside the Crucible" series with Kelly McCann. Some good info and he instructs very well for the new shooter. I started with "Close Quarters Shooting disk #4" and then picked up #2. I have the whole series and find all of them very helpful because he goes into the explanation of how and why to do it a specific way as well as the things to consider when faced with a lethal confrontation. My "gamey" (your competition shooting friends?) friends didn't find it too helpful because it's not directed toward that group. Disk #2 explains the way the body processes a stressful situation and why it is important to be consistent in everything you do. The students in his class are for the most part the average guy and his goal, as explained in disk #1 is to illustrate how anyone can learn the fundamentals of combat shooting and the realities that differ so much from what we watch on television and on the movie screen. Even his Tactical Carbine set is in my collection and I've found it to be very informative with some good drills that are included in my range sessions.
I have seen the"Inside the Crucible" series of DVDs before and always wondered if they where worth the money. I have seen many competition shooting DVDs but few good tactical/close quarter shooting DVDs. Thanks for your input. :D

toddackerman
09-10-07, 11:11
I have a DVD called "Urban Rifle" by Clint Smith which is very good for fundamentals I.e., Operation of the AR, Tactical Shooting Positions etc., but it may be beneath what you're looking for.

Tack