PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy a CZ shotgun

Joseywales
08-29-07, 20:40
Just some forewarning for you hunters out there. The CZ ringneck and bobwhite have turned out to be total pieces of JUNK! Bad selectors, doubling, ect are common problems being reported. Mine has bad selectors, a guy at the club has the same gun with bad selectors.

For over 150 years people have been making side-by-side and over-under shotguns. To not manufacture these correctly in today's day and age is unforgivable. I have a big hunch that CZ knows that their guns have a problem and is trying to keep it quiet.

Glad I sold my CZ75 that I won in a competition. :mad:

Alpha Sierra
08-29-07, 21:33
Do not paint all CZ with a broad brush.

CZ rifles and handguns are made by CZUB in the Czech Republic. CZ shotguns are made in Turkey by third parties.

Not even close to being the same thing, except for the name. The people who run QC in the Czech plant are not the same who run QC and manufacturing in Turkey. And while in theory all products of a brand should have the same level of quality, one can be smart enough to realize when a CZ is really a CZ and when it is a rebadged POS.

TOrrock
08-29-07, 23:41
What Alpha Sierra said.

JBRIII
08-30-07, 07:37
I've had my bobwhite for 2 years wih zero issues. Very reliable and deadly on quail and pheasant.

John

Robb Jensen
08-30-07, 07:41
I think CZ probably even realized that they couldn't produce 'cheaper' shotguns like Turkey so they just farmed out the work to them. The stuff that CZ makes from rimfire rifles/pistols to African caliber rifles is superb and for quality : dollar ratio a damn good bargain.

120mm
08-31-07, 00:22
Also, be advised that Zastava, a Serbian concern has been marketing certain products (mainly pistols and .22 rifles) as "CZ" when they are not even remotely related.

I've owned and shot CZ products for quite awhile, now.

Mike T
09-11-07, 18:08
Last year while shopping for a shotgun I was told that the factory which produces CZ's also produces Kimber's shotguns and some of S&W's. Labor costs were cited as the reason. True? Who knows but I've heard it from 2 sources.