PDA

View Full Version : IWC's New QD Mount for Troy TRX Extreme... Coming Soon!

MOUNT-N-SLOT
01-24-11, 21:42
IWC will announce our new Patent Pending QD Mount in the next few weeks. Prototype testing is successfully progressing well enough to allow us to begin pre-production.

Made in Colorado by Americans from USA materials.

Weight: 0.30 OZ
Price: $15.95 + $3.95 S+H
Past IWC customers of record will receive this part free... Just as a way to say "Thanks".

Stay tuned for pics and more details.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Thanks

HeavyDuty
01-24-11, 22:00
Earl, you're killin' me... in a good way, though!

nickdrak
01-24-11, 22:19
Interested!

Standing by....

Neo Mara
01-25-11, 19:16
Past IWC customers of record will receive this part free... Just as a way to say "Thanks".

Wow! Very generous! I just placed an order last week. Do we need to ask for the part or will it just be sent out to previous customers? Either way, thank you!

MustangGreg66
02-02-11, 21:45
Price beats the heck outa anything else out there for this rail. Nice! Can't wait to see it.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
02-02-11, 22:18
Wow! Very generous! I just placed an order last week. Do we need to ask for the part or will it just be sent out to previous customers? Either way, thank you!

If an IWC customer of record who purchased our QD Rotation Limited for a TROY TRX, we'll send them the new part at no charge upon request.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
02-02-11, 22:20
Price beats the heck outa anything else out there for this rail. Nice! Can't wait to see it.

Yep...

Price / Weight / Ease of Use / Ability to Service using improvised tools / simplicity were all design criteria the new MOUNT-N-SLOT achieved...

Hope you like it... :no:

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Neo Mara
02-03-11, 01:36
If an IWC customer of record who purchased our QD Rotation Limited for a TROY TRX, we'll send them the new part at no charge upon request.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Ah, I see. Too bad for me. I ordered the 2 to 1 point adapter and 2 Noveske QD end plates. Good deal for anyone who qualifies.

Can we get a pic?

jetspeed8
02-03-11, 05:42
Sounds good. Can't wait.

kwelz
02-03-11, 07:29
Is this going to be similar to the Noveske QD for the same rail?

Nevermiss
02-03-11, 11:26

This is what I was wondering. I ordered 3 of the mount-n-slot (2 for a JP VTAC rail and one for a TRX Extreme battle rail).

After I saw the Noveske QD, I ordered one from them since I was ordering some other things any way.

I will likely send one of my mount-n-slots in to get the new one since the the new Troy Extreme rails look like they have an improved mechanism for tightening the rail to the barrel nut and an integrated front sight!

MOUNT-N-SLOT
02-03-11, 19:25

IWC's is as low profile, accepts a QD Swivel and is Rotation Limited. That's where any similarities end. All of our products, every one, have been original designs and concepts and will continue to be.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
02-03-11, 19:27
This is what I was wondering. I ordered 3 of the mount-n-slot (2 for a JP VTAC rail and one for a TRX Extreme battle rail).

After I saw the Noveske QD, I ordered one from them since I was ordering some other things any way.

I will likely send one of my mount-n-slots in to get the new one since the the new Troy Extreme rails look like they have an improved mechanism for tightening the rail to the barrel nut and an integrated front sight!

You can keep your MOUNT-N-SLOT's and if you order our new TRX Extreme MOUNT-N-SLOT... We'll ship it to you for free.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

mjkeat
02-03-11, 20:02
Im going to have to take you up on this offer. Ive purchased 2 for the Troy rails and 1 for a MOE. The mounts are prefect. Cant wait to see the new mount.

Bravo30
02-27-11, 22:43
Any news on this mount?

cobravenom39
02-28-11, 22:13
Any news on this mount?
Yeah, I'm down for two of them, especially at that price. This is just the mount, right? It doesn't come with the actual qd that is strapped to the sling?

MOUNT-N-SLOT
02-28-11, 23:32
IWC Update:

We've finalized testing and the new QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT is now in production.

QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT Specs:

3 total components. Weighs a mere .2 oz. Protrudes only .045 from surface of hand guard. Rotation Limited. Requires only 1 (One) vent hole in hand guard. Installs from inside out in hand guard and cannot be pulled off by sling. Black Oxide Finish to prevent corrosion. Stainless Steel Construction.

We anticipate shipments to begin in 4-5 weeks.

Pricing: $15.95 + $3.95 S+H

Pictures up in a few weeks...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
02-28-11, 23:38
Yeah, I'm down for two of them, especially at that price. This is just the mount, right? It doesn't come with the actual qd that is strapped to the sling?

No QD included in this price. Mount Only. We sell the Heavy Duty QD, made by Lewis Machine & Tool, on our site for $12.95.

$15.95 - QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT + $12.95 - HD QD by LMT + $3.95 - S+H = $32.85.

We DARE you to compare for a better solution with a lower total cost...

MOUNT-N-SLOT

swsmailman
03-01-11, 00:13
That does sound like a good deal.

Please update for a link when you have it on your site so I can check it out.

Thanks.

texag
03-01-11, 01:26
Is there any way we can pre-order? I need a sling mount and figured I'd go ahead and get one of you hand stops at the same time.

jetspeed8
03-01-11, 04:37
I'll second the possibility of a pre-order......

hrt4me
03-04-11, 20:01
I'm also willing to pre-order a few for VTAC/Troy TRX Extreme battle rails...

MOUNT-N-SLOT
03-24-11, 22:47
Impact Weapons Components completed CNC Milling today on our new QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT for the Troy TRX Extreme Battlerails. Before they left for plating, we took a few pics. Here you go!

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/QD%20MICRO%20MOUNT-N-SLOT%20BY%20IWC/QDMICROOBLIQUE.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/QD%20MICRO%20MOUNT-N-SLOT%20BY%20IWC/QDMICROEND.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/QD%20MICRO%20MOUNT-N-SLOT%20BY%20IWC/QDMICROSIDE.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af110/mount-n-slot/QD%20MICRO%20MOUNT-N-SLOT%20BY%20IWC/IWCsQDMICROMOUNT-N-SLOTASSY.jpg

They should be on our site in the next week or so.

Weight: .243oz
Materials: All aircraft grade steel and hardware
Rotation Limited
Function: Installs from the inside out through any hole in the Troy TRX Extreme Battlerail. 2 set screws press against the inside of the TRX preventing rotation while applying force against the Spiroloc on the outer surface.

Simple. Light. Impact Weapons Components.

Thanks,

MOUNT-N-SLOT

rob_s
03-25-11, 04:28
Interesting. I think I need two of these to install in MOEs.

Gunfighter 9
03-25-11, 05:27
I just bought one of IWC's light mounts for the TRX and it is awesome. Extremely light weight and sturdy. Just might have to pick one of these up once I decided on what sling to go with.

HeavyDuty
03-25-11, 07:32

I have three MOE mids that are slated for these!

nowayout
03-25-11, 09:22
I know these are made for the Troy Battle rails but I think most of us with MOE hand guards are going to be running these.

CaptainDooley
03-25-11, 10:25
I've got 2 MOE's just waiting for these.

ra2bach
03-25-11, 11:14
not seeing what holds it on the outside. just the split ring?

CaptainDooley
03-25-11, 11:22
Yeah, the split ring on the outside and then the set screws on the inside.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-25-11, 11:24
I dont have a TRX, but I want to comment on IWC's cust. service. It's top notch, they've helped me out quite a bit. Even though I'm still waiting on my order (out of stock), I have no problem giving them my money. Great job guys!

Ride5C2
03-25-11, 12:20
I dont have a TRX, but I want to comment on IWC's cust. service. It's top notch, they've helped me out quite a bit. Even though I'm still waiting on my order (out of stock), I have no problem giving them my money. Great job guys!

I second this, great folks to work with.

I've got an IWC mount on my TRX now and like it. Question, would this allow you to put a mount at the 10am / 1pm position holes? (close to the rails?)

ra2bach
03-25-11, 12:31
Yeah, the split ring on the outside and then the set screws on the inside.

OK, so they are set screws.... I didn't see them being able to hold it on from the back.

I understand this could work on an aluminum rail like the TRX but what about all the interest in using this on a plastic rail like the MOE? doesn't seem like it would work unless there could be a washer fitted below the split ring, no? :confused:

MOUNT-N-SLOT
03-25-11, 15:37
OK, so they are set screws.... I didn't see them being able to hold it on from the back.

I understand this could work on an aluminum rail like the TRX but what about all the interest in using this on a plastic rail like the MOE? doesn't seem like it would work unless there could be a washer fitted below the split ring, no? :confused:

Thanks for posting. round portion of the mount passes through a .500" ID hole in the hand guard (MOE, 870 Stock, TRX Aluminum Rail) and the flange presses against the inside surface of the hand guard, preventing it from being pulled outward through the hole (Similar to the Noveske) when the sling and swivel is pulled on by the Operator. There is no usually applied force on the QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT from the outside back into the hand guard when it's used with the sling swivel / sling. During use, force can be applied through jolts / impacts. This is where the Spirolock and retention grooves milled into the QD MICRO prevent the QD MICRO from moving back through the hole into the inside of the hand guard. Spirolock's are made from hi-tensil spring stainless, in varying strengths. We selected a medium strength based on testing. Lastly, the set screws prevent rotation.

Hope this helps.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
03-25-11, 15:42
I second this, great folks to work with.

I've got an IWC mount on my TRX now and like it. Question, would this allow you to put a mount at the 10am / 1pm position holes? (close to the rails?)

Thanks for recognizing our service... we really care about service. And try to correct any issues when we hear about them.

Regarding placement in the TRX; YES! The QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT installs through every hole in the 1,3,4,6,8,9,11 in the TRX. The flange holding the anti-rotation set screws is extremely low profile, eliminating interference issues.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
03-25-11, 15:47
I know these are made for the Troy Battle rails but I think most of us with MOE hand guards are going to be running these.

We agree. The QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT is perfect for the MOE. I'm running the previous version on my MOE Carbine and it works great.

Impact Weapons Components will be offering on our new website all the colors of Carbine, Mid & Rifle Length M.O.E. Hand Guards with the QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT Professionally installed by IWC.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

MOUNT-N-SLOT
03-25-11, 15:48
I just bought one of IWC's light mounts for the TRX and it is awesome. Extremely light weight and sturdy. Just might have to pick one of these up once I decided on what sling to go with.

Great to hear... Thanks!

HeavyDuty
03-26-11, 19:00

Yes you do. :D

Earl was kind enough to send me an unfinished one for T&E. (I think he figures if I can install it anyone can.)

Simple installation using a 1/2" Forster bit:

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/IWCQD4.jpg
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/IWCQD5.jpg
http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac123/HDF62/IWCQD6.jpg

I'm working up a tutorial with pics, it should be up in the next day or so.

ucrt
03-26-11, 23:45
..... This is where the Spirolock and retention grooves milled into the QD MICRO prevent the QD MICRO from moving back through the hole into the inside of the hand guard. ....

MOUNT-N-SLOT

================================

MOUNT-N-SLOT

It looks like the Retention Grooves are milled for two different wall thicknesses for the hand guards.
What are the ranges for the two different wall thicknesses?

Thanks a lot!

MOUNT-N-SLOT
03-27-11, 00:15
================================

MOUNT-N-SLOT
It looks like the Retention Grooves are milled for two different wall thicknesses for the hand guards.
What are the ranges for the two different wall thicknesses?

Thanks a lot!

Good eye! There are two grooves. They accommodate up to .150" & .210 wall thickness. The set screws take up the slack.

Thanks HeavyDuty for posting the pics and installation instructions

MOUNT-N-SLOT

motorwerks
03-27-11, 12:56
dang it doesn't look like these are up in the site yet.

ucrt
03-27-11, 15:40
Good eye! There are two grooves. They accommodate up to .150" & .210 wall thickness. The set screws take up the slack.

Thanks HeavyDuty for posting the pics and installation instructions

MOUNT-N-SLOT

===============================

MOUNT-N-SLOT, Thanks for the info.

If you have it handy, what are the center to center measurments on the setscrews and what size are they?

Thanks again.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
03-27-11, 15:59
===============================

MOUNT-N-SLOT, Thanks for the info.

If you have it handy, what are the center to center measurments on the setscrews and what size are they?

Thanks again.

They are 8/32" x 1/4", .780" center to center apart.

These will be on our site in a week or so.

HeavyDuty
03-27-11, 17:37
Review's up:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=951984#post951984

Packman73
04-14-11, 12:38
Just order one for my new TRX rail. :cool:

Bravo30
04-17-11, 00:47
Impact Weapons sent me one of the new QD Micro MOUNT-N-SLOTs for the TRX Extreme rail. It was sent to me for free as I had purchased the previous version in the past. This is great customer service! Anyways, I installed it tonight and it seems like a great mount. The first install took a little trial and error but once the first was done, the install on my second rifle was pretty easy.

The mount includes the QD bracket, a spirolock washer, and two hex screws. It took a few tries to get the washer on. You have to start one end and wrap the washer around the QD bracket. Once the washer is on, you snug up the two hew screws to prevent the mount from moving. Here is how it looks installed.

I did run into one problem. I installed the mount on the first hole in the 3 o'clock position. In this position, with the rail mounted, the QD bracket touches my 16" BCM Midlength barrel.

I moved the mount to the second hold and problem solved.

Bravo30
04-17-11, 00:53
Deleted

Packman73
04-17-11, 01:04
I got mine today as well. I'm very pleased!

Eurodriver
04-17-11, 01:04
Weight: 0.30 OZ

Earl your customer service is so out of control it almost makes me want to pay you more...:jester: Thanks for the innovation.

Bravo30
04-17-11, 01:26
Here's a gratuitous pic of the mount installed on both my work guns.