PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where to find pics of Walther's SHOT booth?

Magic_Salad0892
01-24-11, 23:28
I've been really interested in more about the PPQ, and was wondering where to find pics for Walther.

In the arfcom media day video Walther had a sign in the background, so I'm positive they were there.

HK would be appreciated too. :)

Mark71
01-24-11, 23:54
Ken Lunde took a few pics.....

http://lundestudio.com/2011SHOTShow/walther.html

Jake'sDad
01-25-11, 02:17
I've been really interested in more about the PPQ, and was wondering where to find pics for Walther.

In the arfcom media day video Walther had a sign in the background, so I'm positive they were there.

HK would be appreciated too. :)

Walther was in the S&W booth, I didn't notice if they had a separate booth as well.

Army Chief
01-25-11, 05:49
I especially like the way that the S&W importation marks were blackened out with a Sharpie on the right side views. Really, guys? ;)

Interestingly, while we in the States might prefer a US-based Walther subsidiary to handle their business on our shores, that has never really been the case historically, and the relationship between S&W and Walther is a fairly strong one which pre-dates even the abortive SW99 effort.

The reason for this -- I think -- is that S&W has an unusually strong presence in the German firearms market for an American manufacturer, and to the German mind, S&W is probably "the" preeminent US arms company. From Walther's perspective, the affiiliation probably makes good sense, even if the typical American shooter might prefer a more direct relationship along the lines of what we've seen with HK USA, FNH USA. Beretta USA, SIG SAUER (USA) and similiar firms with European parent companies.

Still quite interested in the PPQ, personally.

AC

caelumatra
01-25-11, 11:39
Yeah I'm very interested in the PPQ as well, but I think someone said in another thread the MSRP was going to be $730... If thats the case, I'm less interested. Put it in the M&P price range and I'll take it :)

96 SS
01-25-11, 11:41
I REALLY disliked the PPQ. IT was distinctly off-putting in just about every way.

Sad really.

Army Chief
01-25-11, 11:46
Yeah I'm very interested in the PPQ as well, but I think someone said in another thread the MSRP was going to be $730... If thats the case, I'm less interested. Put it in the M&P price range and I'll take it :)

Two quick observations: MSRP is not street price, and anything produced in the Euro zone is probably going to arrive at a price-point over the M&P. Not sure that can really be avoided.

I realize the Glock may be cited as an exception to the latter rule, but that takes us down a couple of different paths (economy of scale, and relative simplicity of the weapon) that probably aren't germane to the discussion.

If Walther can get it here in quantity and at (or under) the announced price, I suspect a great many of us will be willing to give the PPQ the chance that the P99 never quite got. Time will tell, and I'm still not much of a polymer guy -- yet -- but there would appear to be sme promise here.

AC

Army Chief
01-25-11, 11:48
I REALLY disliked the PPQ. IT was distinctly off-putting in just about every way.

Sad really.

I'm receptive to your commentary, but you really aren't giving us much to latch on to. Can you hammer out a few lines outlining your thought process and impressions when you get a chance?

AC

deadduck357
01-28-11, 21:14
Also interested in any PPQ info and updates.