PDA

View Full Version : IWB Holster for M&P9c

poirierpro
01-28-11, 02:03
I know that there are threads regarding IWB holsters BUT I was wondering what your favorite/most comfortable IWB holster is for the M&P 9mm compact.

skyugo
01-28-11, 02:38
A lot of raven fans on this board. i like my raven's retention, speed of draw, quality, and customer service. i don't particulary like stuffing a piece of kydex down my pants 10-15 hours a day. It's pretty darn comfortable for a kydex holster though.
I picked up a neutral cant minotaur for my p7 psp, mostly because it was the only p7 holster i could get within a week or 2. I gotta say-impressed. having leather against you with a wide footprint really makes for comfortable all day carry. also love being able to adjust cant and ride height easily.
it doesnt' give you the postive snap in engagement of kydex, and i had to modify my p7 holster by moving the kydex shell down to get full sweat shield slide coverage (apparently "normal" on HK guns according to comptac..... easy mod though)
there's plenty of cool full leather options out there as well, but i have no personal experience with them.

D Golden
01-28-11, 09:29
My wife uses the Galco summer comfort i.w.b. holster for her M&P 9c.

Kegger
01-28-11, 09:33
I use the Comp-Tac Minotaur for my M&P9 FS and the fiance uses one for her 9c.

She's tiny but conceals well even in standard 21 y/o girl clothing.

dalaubon
01-28-11, 09:38
I had a Raven, but found there was too much kydex material for carry between 3:00-4:00 YMMV.

I tried SKD's Belt Claw and use it full-time now:

http://www.skdtac.com/SKD_Tactical_Belt_Claw_IWB_Holster_p/rdt.209.htm

It looks like they're out of stock for the MP9c rt now.

It has adj tension and the claw is very secure and has never come off my belt.

The only thing is it's not tuckable which wasn't an issue for me since I don't tuck my shirts.

Everyday3
01-28-11, 09:46
I ve been using the Comp-Tac Minotaur for my M&P9c and love it very comfy. This is by far the best iwb ive ever used.

Naxet1959
01-28-11, 13:30
Another vote for the MTAC from ComTac. I bought mine for my 9fs and still use it with the 9c. Big difference changing to the 9c, you really barely notice it...

G34Shooter
01-28-11, 13:50
I either use my Full Size M&P IWB from Occidental Leather (TT Gunleather designed) or Raven's Vanguard if I pocket carry until my pocket holster comes in from TT Gunleather. Yes it's big for pocket carry but I can get away with it on occasion :o

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad251/SShenaniguns/ca68b8a5-1.jpg

MichaelD
01-28-11, 14:01
I've only used one IWB holster with my M&P's, a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC. I find it's very comfortable and does a very good job of holding my pistols.

noops
01-28-11, 18:49
I'm using a Ritchie Stakeout right now, and it's good leather and it's been pretty good to me. I've had a Bulman on order for so long I think I'm hosed.

N

mkmckinley
01-28-11, 19:19
I have used a Raven, Crossbread, and Bladetech Nano and I have to say the Nano is my favorite by far. It's thin kydex with rubber belt loops with rubber loops. It's much more comfortable than the other especially when I have to sit down or drive. It's good enough that I'm probably going to sell the others.

RogerinTPA
01-28-11, 20:22
Another Comp-Tac Minotaur user. It's very comfortable and have used one for years.

awm14hp
01-28-11, 20:25
I love the infidel for IWB or Alessi Talon

Web Architect
01-28-11, 21:17
Crossbreed SuperTuck carries my FS M&P nicely. Same reasons as Skyugo pointed out (leather spreading the weight around, etc.), but different holster.

citizensoldier16
01-28-11, 21:17
Many on this forum don't like it, but I much prefer the Comp Tac CTAC holster for my M&P9c. It fits me well and can be canted far forward, which is the way I like it. I find that I can conceal it well even in shorts and a tshirt.

I also have another kydex single mag holder, but I'm not sure who made it, as it was a gift from a friend.

Basically, you've got to try a few out and find out which one you like. Lord knows I've got probably 6 holsters that I've gone through over the years and I just happened to decide the CTAC was the most comfortable and practical one for me. In the end, its all up to what you like best, and what you decide on.

mkmckinley
01-28-11, 22:07
If you have the chance to go to a shop and at least try on a few different syles and brands you'll probably save yourself a bit of cash and assache. I started with a Supertuck based on what I had read on a few forums. It felt fine while standing up but really dug in when I had to sit. The big pancake thing wasn't very forgiving of different hip positions. I then got a Raven Concealment which moves the clips a little closer and it was an improvement, but when I finally tried a Bladetech Nano I had found the one. It's loops are closer than the Raven but still far enough apart to provide stability. I'm going to keep the Raven to use OWB at the range and because the damn things take forever to get. I honestly like the Nano better though. I really want to try a Kramer horsehide too but can't really justify the cash at this point. Anyway this is long-winded enough: like shoes, try before you buy.

snakedoctor
01-28-11, 22:50
I went with one of Josh's kydex IWB holsters. Took about a week to get. I see he has a 4 week wait time now. Super comfortable! I suggest you give him a call.

http://www.shopleatherworks.com/IWBs_c12.htm

poirierpro
01-29-11, 01:43
Lots of great advice guys thanks. This will be the my first carry system so I want to start off in the right direction. What is the main difference in kydex and leather? I've tried on a buddy's Bladetech (don't remember the model) and it was really nice...very simple, light. What is better as far as pistol wear?

PdxMotoxer
01-29-11, 06:33
If this is you're first then i'm sure within a year or so
you will be like most of us and have a shoe box somewhere with various holsters and set up's till you find the one that is right for you
the way you dress and you're life style.

IWB = Yet Another Comp-Tac Minotaur owner/user
But then i ended up going OWB with a wilderness frequent flyer belt
and just a DeSanati's Speed scabbard.

I started out with cheapo Uncle Mikes but my M&P9c kept working itself up and out. (not cool)

mkmckinley
01-29-11, 14:52
Kydex will supposedly wear a little faster but in my experience it's not a big difference. Pistols with hard finishes like M&Ps and Glocks will do fine compared to softer finishes like bruniton. I estimate I have at least 1000 draws from a kydex holster on my M&P and Im just starting to notice some spots where the finish is getting burnished. Any pistol will start to get wear from any holster if you're traiming like you should. It's just a matter of time. I used to worry a little about it but now I couldn't care less.

Cazwell
01-29-11, 17:03
Many on this forum don't like it, but I much prefer the Comp Tac CTAC holster for my M&P9c. It fits me well and can be canted far forward, which is the way I like it. I find that I can conceal it well even in shorts and a tshirt.

Basically, you've got to try a few out and find out which one you like. Lord knows I've got probably 6 holsters that I've gone through over the years and I just happened to decide the CTAC was the most comfortable and practical one for me. In the end, its all up to what you like best, and what you decide on.

I am currently using a CTAC for my M&P9c as well. It came with the gun when I bought it, so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. It has really grown on me. I can conceal it easy in only a t-shirt. I like the adjustability of the cant as well. It fits well, holds close to my body, is comfortable (although I do think it needs an undershirt if I'm going to be sitting a lot) and it makes for a pretty quick draw.

Only issue I occasionally have is that when drawing the 9c I sometimes draw the pistol to find the mag release has been pressed. I doubt it's happening in the holster on its own, so I assume I need to make some adjustments to my draw. It is a new gun/holster/carry position for me.