PDA

View Full Version : new soft armor Bug out Bag-R.A.D pack

Paraclete comes
01-28-11, 19:47
Theres this shop downtown that made this sweet bag I saw a couple days ago. I saw it again on calguns today so thought id post it up. Im thinking of getting one before my trip to europe.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=5709345#post5709345

im going to try and link the video as there are no pics but not sure if it will work or not. But here the deal it looks like it could hold SAPI plates, although I think I would choose soft armor. It also rapidly deploys over you and presents your pistol for quick use. But what I like most about it is tht it looks like a jansport and no one would ever know what you were "packin" lol. I always keept my eyes out and esp at SHOT this year but everyones back pack is O.D., Tan or covered in MOLLE. That seems like a target indicator to me just as much as they guy in the park with the fanny pack and flat top. So I think im getting one and thought I would see what you guys think and if anyone else has seen anything like this.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j0FMspTizyU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

PA PATRIOT
01-28-11, 20:08
With hard plates, pistol and spare ammo the weight would be up there and I would have to see how quickly you could secure that front swinging plate. Its a interesting concept but I would be leaning to-wards level 3 soft armor if I was going to carry additional survival gear in the rear pack for weight reduction. I guess it just depends on what threat level your comfortable with in your daily travels.

RogerinTPA
01-28-11, 20:28
With hard plates, pistol and spare ammo the weight would be up there and I would have to see how quickly you could secure that front swinging plate. Its a interesting concept but I would be leaning to-wards level 3 soft armor if I was going to carry additional survival gear in the rear pack for weight reduction. I guess it just depends on what threat level your comfortable with in your daily travels.

I thought the same thing.

I also wonder how much storage use you could get out of that. Would filling that backpack with clothes, food and water inhibit the deployment of the soft armor or is it in a separate compartment from the storage area.

Paraclete comes
01-28-11, 20:29
I think soft armor for sure, nice to have the option of plates though. But I was thinking primarily just a bunch of pistol reloads as I tend to prefer the IWB carry. I just think this might be good for a low profile and rapid deployment. I heard that some homeland security guys are carrying something like this to keep a low profile around here. I guess on trains and all sorts of stuff like that.

Paraclete comes
01-28-11, 20:31
I thought the same thing.

I also wonder how much storage use you could get out of that. Would filling that backpack with clothes, food and water inhibit the deployment of the soft armor or is it in a separate compartment from the storage area.

Yeah I dont think all the food and water would fit after looking at it. Its just a bit bigger than a jansport. Maybe this would be more of a quiet defense bad to get you out of a hot spot and to the suplies you need for long term.

ST911
01-29-11, 12:15
Discussion here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72540