PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard of SOC?

citizensoldier16
01-28-11, 21:05
Has anybody heard of, or had any experience, with a company called SOC?

http://soc-smg.com/page/home

I have a friend who's currently working for them as a paramedic and he's told me that they may have openings. I've considered contract work as a paramedic ever since I got my certification, but I've never heard of SOC.

EDIT: Also, any suggestions for someone who's never done contract work of this type would be welcomed greatly. Things like what to do, what to take, pointers and tips as you see appropriate.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

panzerr
01-28-11, 21:35
Yep. They trained the Ugandans to do security for us at TQ in IQ 06-07. I applied to work this detail with them back in 08. They called me nine months later with a personal security gig for me, but I had already been accepted to chiro school, so I passed the chance. They seemed professional enough to take a chance on.

Iraqgunz
01-29-11, 00:05
I was on one of their mobile security teams in Iraq back in 2006-07.

GermanSynergy
01-29-11, 00:45
I'm currently in the hiring process with them for WPS.

Iraqgunz
01-29-11, 00:51
Everyone seems to be dragging their feet.

I'm currently in the hiring process with them for WPS.

GermanSynergy
01-29-11, 00:53
That's the truth...

Littlelebowski
01-29-11, 07:30

MVM is definitely not dragging their feet.

Iraq Ninja
01-29-11, 08:13
MVM is probably one of the best companies to work for.

As for SOC or any of the other static gigs, you would have to be hard pressed to enjoy it, but it pays the bills. The UGs are strange creatures to say the least.

We are all waiting for the WPS contracts, except for my British Brothers in Arms who will not qualify as US citizens. There will be some big contracts coming out this year. It should be interesting.

EODT was raided by the FBI back in December and that is never a good thing.

panzerr
01-29-11, 10:27
Funny thing about the Ugandans...they were all skinny when they showed up at our post, but after a few months the SOC guys "got tired of ordering them new uniforms" because they like the chow a little too much.

Iraqgunz
01-29-11, 15:31
The OGA deals always seem good. Hopefully something starts moving soon.

MVM is probably one of the best companies to work for.

As for SOC or any of the other static gigs, you would have to be hard pressed to enjoy it, but it pays the bills. The UGs are strange creatures to say the least.

We are all waiting for the WPS contracts, except for my British Brothers in Arms who will not qualify as US citizens. There will be some big contracts coming out this year. It should be interesting.

EODT was raided by the FBI back in December and that is never a good thing.

Iraq Ninja
01-29-11, 21:30

They need to hurry up, since Pizza Hut is closing in March. The big PX closes in October.

Damn, war is hell...

GermanSynergy
01-29-11, 21:40
They need to hurry up, since Pizza Hut is closing in March. The big PX closes in October.

Damn, war is hell...

On the vbc?

Iraq Ninja
01-29-11, 23:13
Yes, VBC. We were up there yesterday. The PX had hardly anyone in it. They had signs posted about the closing.

They just built a new PX at Tallil, so we are good to go. Not sure if pizza hut is staying. The dining facility food is reaching an all time low.

ryanm
01-30-11, 04:36
Totally agree on DFAC sucking more than it ever has. I gave up and just ordered everything I need to survive from trader joes and body building.com. This shit is going to get really stupid in the next few months. The planning is totally FUBAR. I have a whole new yard stick with which to measure stupid.

Littlelebowski
01-30-11, 06:59

Let me know if I can help.