PDA

View Full Version : Colorado

Iraqgunz
01-29-11, 00:42
If any of our members are from the Thornton area I would like to get some input about the area in general.

Also a brief overview of Colorado gun laws/ NFA stuff. Anything quirky about Colorado gun laws? Thanks.

FromMyColdDeadHand
01-29-11, 09:31
rmgo.org is a great resource for gun laws in Colorado. One of the few gun organizations I give over the required dues amount.

CCW is pretty good here, IMHO. In short, private businesses can post, but the opinion on penalty for violating that varies from being asked to leave per trespass rules to theoretical higher penalties. Govt buildings can only ban CCW if they have metal detectors at all the entrances.

Full NFA rights as far as I know, don't know about the sheriff in the Thorton area.

I find ranges hard to join here, close ones are full up. I am in Denver, so anything in open space is a haul for me.

Denver has a AWB, but it is funky. You can't put a 20+ mag with a semi auto gun, or a 6+round mag on a semi auto shotgun. I don't know if anyone has ever been charged with what is in effect a hi-cap ban.

Lots of good guys from CO on M4C, I won't start a list because I know I'll leave someone off.

Been here five years, so I'm not an expert on Thornton.

maestro
01-29-11, 10:01
Decent summary from nra ila here:
http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/COSL.pdf

Tactical Joke
04-28-11, 01:54
New to CO myself. The folks at the CO AR15 Shooters Club (http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/index.php) can probably answer your questions, but I've just started poking my head in over there, so I can't vouch for the quality of the information.

If you find some good, reputable, local training, I'd love to hear about it. None of the Big 4 (EAG, VTAC, LAV, MD) seem to be having classes here in the near future. In GA, I kept putting it off... :mad:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-28-11, 17:53
IG, Colorado is pretty great for gun owners, except for Denver. Boulder is fairly libtard, but doesnt restrict gun ownership. CCW is easy to obtain and keep, as well as NFA as long as your sheriff is down (Larimer sheriff Alderden loves NFA) but I dont know about Thornton.