PDA

View Full Version : KAC SR-15 MD Edition - does the Magpul BAD fit it?

Brahmzy
01-29-11, 14:05
Thinkin' of pickin' one of these up - had one in my hands yesterday at the fun store almost bought it but figured I'd do a little research. Well that didn't take long to know this is one badass mofo. The thing felt like it weighed 6lbs in my hands - one of the most beautiful '15's I've ever held. Just jaw-dropping - even compared to the other two SR15's next to it.

Anyway, strange it doesn't have a BAD on it already, given it's the Magpul edition. I've never owned an SR15, but I did notice the bolt catch looked a bit diff'rnt. Will a BAD lever fit it?

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8291/kacsr15md.jpg (http://img34.imageshack.us/i/kacsr15md.jpg/)
(Imaged pulled from a google search)

Robb Jensen
01-29-11, 14:20
It will fit I have one on my SR15E3 with it's IWS lower receiver.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/leftsidereceivers.jpg

Brahmzy
01-29-11, 16:16
Thanks!

Nevermiss
01-29-11, 20:50
I can't believe how soft it shoots for such a light rifle.

I have a T1 with and KAC mount and a Gear Sector handstop on mine and it weighs 6lbs. 12 oz.

It is expensive, but by the time you figure the cost of the base rifle, then add the dimpled barrel, triple tap, KAC sights-with new push button front sight, MS2 sling, quick release, rail attachments, Magpul videos, 6 PMAGS, Custom Tactical Taylor case, and the LW URX rail, then it becomes a bit more reasonable.

Brahmzy
01-29-11, 20:58
I can't believe how soft it shoots for such a light rifle.

I have a T1 with and KAC mount and a Gear Sector handstop on mine and it weighs 6lbs. 12 oz.

It is expensive, but by the time you figure the cost of the base rifle, then add the dimpled barrel, triple tap, KAC sights-with new push button front sight, MS2 sling, quick release, rail attachments, Magpul videos, 6 PMAGS, Custom Tactical Taylor case, and the LW URX rail, then it becomes a bit more reasonable.

Yeah the 3T standard is a pretty big bonus. The thing just feels good in the hands with that insanely light, lo-pro rail... makes all my DD rails look and weigh second-rate, and I LOVE my Omega X's.

One thing... and this may go against all that is right and good in the world of Magpul, but I'm a QD kinda guy -any chance to pull that MS2 mount and get back the integral rear rec. QD mounts I wonder?

Nevermiss
01-30-11, 20:03
Yeah the 3T standard is a pretty big bonus. The thing just feels good in the hands with that insanely light, lo-pro rail... makes all my DD rails look and weigh second-rate, and I LOVE my Omega X's.

One thing... and this may go against all that is right and good in the world of Magpul, but I'm a QD kinda guy -any chance to pull that MS2 mount and get back the integral rear rec. QD mounts I wonder?

I have QD mounts with VTAC slings on all my ARs, except this one. However, it's so darn light that I have no problems with the MS2 on this except for the rattling.

I'll look at it, but I don't think this is an option. Does Magpul have a pocket on the CTR where you can insert a QD mount. I know they are on the ACS and UBR. If there is, then this is an option. There is a QD attachment slot on the LW-URX rail and the package comes with one QD attachment.

jaxman7
01-30-11, 21:03
Man what kind of gun store has KAC products!?!? That would be nice to see instead of Bushmaster and DPMS.

-Jax

Robb Jensen
01-30-11, 21:15
Man what kind of gun store has KAC products!?!? That would be nice to see instead of Bushmaster and DPMS.

-Jax

We stock KAC SR15E3s and soon to have KAC SBRs.

jaxman7
01-30-11, 21:19
Robb,

Yeh very true! Any plans on Virginia Arms expanding to Mississippi? ;) Down here its impossible to find.

-Jax