PDA

View Full Version : Passport Not Required - New Citizens of the Steeler Nation

Gutshot John
01-29-11, 20:14
This is why Steeler fans are the best fans on the planet.

'She can choose her religion, but she WILL be a Steelers Fan' (http://chartiersvalley.patch.com/articles/steeler-nation-welcomes-new-arrivals)

madisonsfinest
01-29-11, 20:33
Go Pack!

Gutshot John
01-29-11, 20:37
To be sure Packers' fans are the only other fans in the NFL with which the Steeler Nation acknowledges parity.

I want the Steelers to win, but the Packers are worthy opponents and their fans are the second best fans in the NFL.

It would not break my heart to see them win.

The_War_Wagon
01-29-11, 21:55

It would MINE!

GO STILLERS!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance017.gif

DaBears_85
01-29-11, 22:32
Go Pack!

Bah! Humbug.

13F3OL7
01-30-11, 00:11
No reason to be upset. It's not like Cutler quit or anything. :haha:

ST911
01-31-11, 00:19
What a great idea for WI, and particularly Green Bay, hospitals. Green and gold sheets for the ambulances, too.

Go pack!

BrianS
01-31-11, 00:52
Hopefully the referees aren't in the tank for the Steelers this time.

cop1211
01-31-11, 03:47

B.S.

Go Stillers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chadbag
01-31-11, 11:12
Another article on this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Pittsburgh-area-hospital-wrapping-babies-in-Terr?urn=nfl-314361

I am rooting for the Steelers because they are AFC, and as a long suffering Dolphins fan (who grew up in New England -- go figure), those despised and hated Steelers are still in the AFC and will make us proud.

madisonsfinest
01-31-11, 14:44
I like this story : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=6074035&sportCat=nfl

Gutshot John
01-31-11, 16:36

You mean like the time they called all those penalties on Harrison's otherwise clean hits?

I think I detect some sour grapes somewhere...:haha:

Gutshot John
01-31-11, 16:41
I like this story : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=6074035&sportCat=nfl

Lots of teams claim to be "America's Team" with greater or lesser degrees of accuracy.

We are however a "Steeler Nation".

You won't find a Packers bar here in Pittsburgh, but I'd bet there is a Steeler's bar in Green Bay.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/steelersbars.shtml

Heheheheh

DaBears_85
01-31-11, 17:10
It says the so-called 'Steelers Bar' is a Ground Round, which is a chain of restaurants not unlike an Applebee's or a Maverick's Steakhouse. Franchised places like that tend to adopt or mimic the local 'flavor'. Being in Green Bay, I highly doubt that it's all decked out in Steelers garb. It would be horrible for business.

Now, all of that aside...

Go Steelers!

Gutshot John
01-31-11, 17:50
It says the so-called 'Steelers Bar' is a Ground Round, which is a chain of restaurants not unlike an Applebee's or a Maverick's Steakhouse. Franchised places like that tend to adopt or mimic the local 'flavor'. Being in Green Bay, I highly doubt that it's all decked out in Steelers garb. It would be horrible for business.

Now, all of that aside...

Go Steelers!

Unless you're catering exclusively to the Pittsburgh crowd. The thing about the Burgh is that we tend to export our people all over the country, but they never forget their Steelers. I doubt the Steelers are broadly hated in Green Bay...yet. A Vikings bar in Green Bay would be horrible for business. Pittsburgh not so much.

That said there are Steelers bars in Cleveland, Baltimore, Boston, New York, Cincinnati...and on and on. Even in the places where most of the local populace hates us, you still find a niche of Steeler fans...and they always show up at games. You'll always see numerous Terrible Towels at Steeler Games no matter where they play.

Simply put, we have the best fans in the NFL universe. It's an irrefutable fact.

That said, all I can do is go by the website as a source. It might be flawed sure, but I provided the appropriate documentation. :)

BrianS
01-31-11, 18:34
I think I detect some sour grapes somewhere...:haha:

Shit you have to be a true believer when the referee who called the game can admit to the media that he has nightmares about how bad his calls were years after the fact and you still believe it's sour grapes.

;)

I'm a fan of the game, but not so much when the refs have a big impact on the outcome so hopefully that doesn't happen this year... again. Just sayin.

madisonsfinest
02-01-11, 08:58
Most cities actually have a Packer Bar. Maybe you haven't looked for one as a Steelers Fan. In the 90's we hated the Cowboys. It was hump we had to get over to get to the Super Bowl for a lot of years. Funny enough I found a Packer Bar in Dallas. Now when you find bars like this in enemy country you find that the fans there are more crazy than what you would find at home in Wisconsin in this case. Crazy as in they are decked out in old school Packers gear and celebrate and cheer more than you would see people at home.

Either way I live in a house divided. The old lady and the 14 year old grew up in Iowa, they don't have a professional team, and are hardcore Steelers fans. We are in WI. so obviously I'm a dedicated Packers fan. It should be fun for the Super Bowl. We invited a lot of people over, who will no doubt be Packers fans, so I have that going for me lol! This should be similar to the WI Badger vs IA Hawkeye weekends :)

platoonDaddy
02-01-11, 17:07
Prior to the AFC Championship Game the local paper had an article about Maryland's Steeler Narion. The official membership in Maryland is over 4 thousands and that isn't counting all of who transplanted from Pa to Maryland.

dang, 4K members unbelievable!

Polamalu wins AP defensive player of the year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2jFwiRzue8

Gooooooooooooooooooooo Steelers.

dookie1481
02-01-11, 21:12
Pack -2.5...Rodgers throwing in controlled weather...looks good for GB. Just Sayin' ;)

orionz06
02-02-11, 11:46
Pack -2.5...Rodgers throwing in controlled weather...looks good for GB. Just Sayin' ;)

Why are people so excited over Rogers in a dome? He is not the only one throwing in that weather. They beat a few teams in domes, he had good stats, but all of the wins came at bad times for the losing teams, except the Falcons a few weeks ago, and they were overrated.

Gutshot John
02-02-11, 12:00
Shit you have to be a true believer when the referee who called the game can admit to the media that he has nightmares about how bad his calls were years after the fact and you still believe it's sour grapes.

;)

I'm a fan of the game, but not so much when the refs have a big impact on the outcome so hopefully that doesn't happen this year... again. Just sayin.

A referee admitting he made mistakes after the fact is a whole other animal than admitting he was...what were your words..."in the tank"?

That might be sour grapes.

As for bad calls, they happen and the Steelers have been victim to them as much as any other team, including touchdowns being called back, not to mention the grandaddy of all bad calls...the infamous coin flip.

In the end they shake out in the wash. There is no conspiracy against your team.

The_War_Wagon
02-02-11, 12:03

;)

You can always take pride in the fact you were the #1 seed out of the NFC that year... and that you beat the Saints this year. ;)

jasonhgross
02-02-11, 12:12
Unless you're catering exclusively to the Pittsburgh crowd. The thing about the Burgh is that we tend to export our people all over the country, but they never forget their Steelers. I doubt the Steelers are broadly hated in Green Bay...yet. A Vikings bar in Green Bay would be horrible for business. Pittsburgh not so much.

That said there are Steelers bars in Cleveland, Baltimore, Boston, New York, Cincinnati...and on and on. Even in the places where most of the local populace hates us, you still find a niche of Steeler fans...and they always show up at games. You'll always see numerous Terrible Towels at Steeler Games no matter where they play.

Simply put, we have the best fans in the NFL universe. It's an irrefutable fact.

That said, all I can do is go by the website as a source. It might be flawed sure, but I provided the appropriate documentation. :)

Is there an EAGLES bar in Pittsburgh? I need to know so if I have to go to Pittsburgh I need to have a place to drink.

Gutshot John
02-02-11, 12:46
Is there an EAGLES bar in Pittsburgh? I need to know so if I have to go to Pittsburgh I need to have a place to drink.

Not that I know of, but given the number of shithole dive bars in Pittsburgh, I bet there's a fair chance that there is one place where every Eagles fan in the tri-state area can congregate. :)

platoonDaddy
02-02-11, 13:49
Bradshaw talks BigBen

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=ffaf7107-50c2-4bd1-b5c6-19b84c0f335b&from=gallery_en-us_foxsports__featuredvideo

BrianS
02-02-11, 18:38
A referee admitting he made mistakes after the fact is a whole other animal than admitting he was...what were your words..."in the tank"?

When the officiating in one game is entirely lopsided in favor of one team and effects the outcome of the game for whatever reason that fits the definition of in the tank. In the tank just means biased towards one side over another while in a purportedly neutral position. I didn't accuse them of taking money or anything.

Anyways, the point was I hope the Steelers don't win another undeserved Super Bowl ring based on bad calls.

Gutshot John
02-02-11, 20:15
When the officiating in one game is entirely lopsided in favor of one team and effects the outcome of the game for whatever reason that fits the definition of in the tank. In the tank just means biased towards one side over another while in a purportedly neutral position. I didn't accuse them of taking money or anything.

Anyways, the point was I hope the Steelers don't win another undeserved Super Bowl ring based on bad calls.

Yep...sour grapes. :haha: Funny how the only people that have accused the refs of being "in the tank" for Pittsburgh, were Seattle fans. While there might have been bad calls (they happen), they weren't all bad calls (and if I recall more than one went against the Steelers). At some point the Hawks had to take some responsibility for losing when you lose by almost 2 TDs.

The Refs didn't make Hasselbeck throw that interception at the goal line...or miss that field goal...or screw up their time management...or give the Steelers a 75 yard touchdown run...or any number of other times Seattle screwed up.

But hey blame the refs if you want. I fail to understand why you should hate the Steelers because of it.

Magic_Salad0892
02-03-11, 02:57
Go Steelers. I'll be watching.

platoonDaddy
02-03-11, 08:59
Seriously, can you imagine what would happen if Goodell took a needless potshot at Michael Vick? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would shatter Usain Bolt’s 100-meter record in a dash to be the first person on ESPN to claim Goodell has a “slave-owner mentality.”

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ben-roethlisberger-just-a-pawn-in-roger-goodells-game-020211

BrianS
02-03-11, 15:12
Funny how the only people that have accused the refs of being "in the tank" for Pittsburgh, were Seattle fans.

Actually a poll conducted by ESPN after the Super Bowl showed that 62% of fans thought officiating mistakes effected the outcome of Super Bowl XL. Given the legacies and demographics involved that would mean that even a bunch of people who were rooting for the Steelers knew the calls were bullshit.

Like I said previously, you have to be a real kool aid drinker to deny the facts in this case. Hopefully this super bowl outcome is determined by the players and not the officials.

From your description of the game it is clear you don't even know which calls are in question and what kind of point swing they resulted in.

But hey blame the refs if you want. I fail to understand why you should hate the Steelers because of it.

I don't hate the Steelers. I do hate the current challenge system and think the game needs to make greater use of the readily available technology that could be used to overturn bad calls that you end up seeing in almost every game.

Gutshot John
02-03-11, 15:27
Actually a poll conducted by ESPN after the Super Bowl showed that 62% of fans thought officiating mistakes effected the outcome of Super Bowl XL. Given the legacies and demographics involved that would mean that even a bunch of people who were rooting for the Steelers knew the calls were bullshit.

Like I said previously, you have to be a real kool aid drinker to deny the facts in this case. Hopefully this super bowl outcome is determined by the players and not the officials.

It's funny how you guys are still bitter about this. Let it go man.

Whether people agree that there were bad calls is different than saying there was corruption or someone was in the "tank". Bad calls are spread about the league, it's not "fair" but then life sucks.

No one forced Hasselbeck to throw an interception, or your guy to miss a field goal, or missed tackles and at least some of the calls against you guys were valid so take some responsibility for the loss.

Even still you guys made it into the playoffs with a losing record, how does that happen? So I'd say karma paid you back.

orionz06
02-03-11, 17:12
Actually a poll conducted by ESPN after the Super Bowl showed that 62% of fans /STOP

I stopped there because that is all the further I needed to read. It was a poll of people who probably dont even understand the calls in the first place and/or people who are emotionally attached to one of the teams or they hate one of the teams.

Mjolnir
02-03-11, 19:22
To be sure Packers' fans are the only other fans in the NFL with which the Steeler Nation acknowledges parity.

I want the Steelers to win, but the Packers are worthy opponents and their fans are the second best fans in the NFL.

Saints fans top them all in the NFL probably followed by the Raiders.

That said I've been a Steelers fan since Terry Bradshaw was a starter and I'm from Baton Rouge where the love of the Saints is distinctly second to the LSU BAYOU BENGALS.

C'mon, Steelers!

chadbag
02-03-11, 19:41
That said I've been a Steelers fan since Terry Bradshaw was a starter and I'm from Baton Rouge where the love of the Saints is distinctly second to the LSU BAYOU BENGALS.

I've been a Steeler's hater since Terry Bradshaw. I saw the famous Lynn Swan touchdown pass in SB X live on TV as a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9s-EFNz0i4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBcmcTrc84s&feature=related

This one too: ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6yOxIN_EtM&feature=related

But for the sake of the AFC. Go Steelers!

Gutshot John
02-03-11, 21:08
I like the Saints, there are plenty of NOLA traditions I subscribe to and they wear the Black and Gold, they just don't have the tradition of football like Pittsburgh/GB.

They did get hosed this season.

Mjolnir
02-03-11, 22:28
I like the Saints, there are plenty of NOLA traditions I subscribe to and they wear the Black and Gold, they just don't have the tradition of football like Pittsburgh/GB.

They did get hosed this season.

The Saints' tradition is finding a new way to lose every weekend! Since Drew Brees things have been different, thank God. This year they had tons of injuries and an uncharacteristic defensive letdown that was reminiscent of decades past...

Geaux, Tigers!

LOL!

cop1211
02-04-11, 01:17

From your description of the game it is clear you don't even know which calls are in question and what kind of point swing they resulted in.

I don't hate the Steelers. I do hate the current challenge system and think the game needs to make greater use of the readily available technology that could be used to overturn bad calls that you end up seeing in almost every game.

In every game a team has calls that go for them, and against them, some questionable, some not (in the eye of the beholder).

Its what you do in between, during, and after those calls that matter.

Seattle had every opportunity to win the game before, during, after the "calls" they didnt do it.

Stop blaming the refs.

The Steelers made the plays to win the game period.:p

platoonDaddy
02-04-11, 11:29
Two current Steeler players called Rush and if things work out will be on his show today (4th of Feb) between 1400-1500. Rush won't release the names.

M4arc
02-04-11, 11:59
HERE WE STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

Icculus
02-04-11, 15:47
Going back to the original post. Who needs Steeler babies when you can have a baby Cheesehead

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/02/04/dnt.baby.cheese.head.wbay?hpt=C2

GO PACK!

Gutshot John
02-04-11, 19:58
Going back to the original post. Who needs Steeler babies when you can have a baby Cheesehead

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/02/04/dnt.baby.cheese.head.wbay?hpt=C2

GO PACK!

Gee...I wonder where they got that idea. :lazy:

Well I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.:agree:

BrianS
02-05-11, 16:56
I stopped there because that is all the further I needed to read. It was a poll of people who probably dont even understand the calls in the first place and/or people who are emotionally attached to one of the teams or they hate one of the teams.

Yeah idiots like John Madden who said after one big play (I believe the pass to the Steelers 1 yard line) was called back "when you see a big play like that called back for X, you like to, you know, actually see some." He might have said that after the "offensive pass interference" TD that was called back, I just remember the funny Maddenism.

Stop blaming the refs.

The ref admitted to effecting the outcome of the game and stated he had nightmares about it, LOL. If that doesn't prove the refs blew calling the game I don't know what does. To say it was up to the team to win between bad calls you have to not know which calls are in question and what kind of point swing they resulted in. You and John both are saying it was up to the Seahawks to win the game between the bad calls that resulted in the Steelers winning. That isn't the case. Any game could have the outcome changed with the number and severity of the bad calls involved in that Super Bowl. Examples are the Steelers getting a questionable TD on a qb dive, a Hawks TD called back on offensive pass interference that was highly controversial (almost exact same contact on a Steelers TD not called back), a Hawks pass to the 1 called back on holding that nobody saw in the replay (resulted in a field goal), a 15 yard penalty on a quarterback MAKING A TACKLE for "low blocking" after an interception, and there are others. Big screw ups on big plays that admittedly effected the outcome of the game according to the head ref on the field.

Some illustrative clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURI_Cz-p6s&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtg7JZ71PXo&feature=related

This post is my last in this thread. I will let you get back to your mindless Rah Rah Steelers programming.

M4arc
02-06-11, 16:52
HERE WE STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

kmrtnsn
02-06-11, 18:51
Looks like the passport free Steelers are getting a good first half DEPORTATION!!!!!

Buck
02-06-11, 19:20
Im a dual citizen for this bowl so I took the over... 45 is looking good at the half...

B

Gutshot John
02-06-11, 19:25
If you're playing such a half assed game that the refs can even conceivably affect the outcome than you shouldn't be in the game. So at some point you've got to own up to a few failures of you're own.

Beyond that blaming everyone but yourself for your failures is just plain cheesy.

Life isn't always fair. Deal with it crybabies.

If Pittsburgh loses tonight they'll only have themselves to blame.

Gutshot John
02-06-11, 21:55
Congratulations to the World Champion Packers!

You guys played a hell of a game and gave us a hell of a show.

Clay Matthews...dude you rock!

madisonsfinest
02-06-11, 22:22
Aaron Rodgers was amazing! Congrats Pittsburgh on a good season. I'm so happy right now! Off to bed, briefing at 6:45 am :(

Magic_Salad0892
02-07-11, 08:03
Damn you Packers!