PDA

View Full Version : Have a ? before ordering H&K USP compact in 9x19

Aanayab1
01-29-11, 22:17
my only question is there are so many different trigger set ups so which one would i like best? currently have glock 19rtf with the Scherer 3.5 lb trigger pull connector, love it just wish it was a bit more crisp. So any input as to what would be close to that would be awesome!

Thanks Antonio

mkmckinley
01-29-11, 22:40
Any reason why you're not getting a newer model like a P30? I don't have a ton of experience with HKs but I once owned a USP and sold it mainly necause ofnthe terrible da/sa trigger. Ive rented a da/sa P30 and it was an improvement. If you like a Glock trigger you would probably like HKs LEM trigger.

glockshooter
01-29-11, 22:49
I would advise you to reconsider your choice. I work for a dept issues USP40 in fullsize and compact. The compacts have proven to be unreliable in the long term. If you have to get a USP I would advise you to get a fullsize. I have thousands of round through my issued fullsize 40 and thousands of rounds through my personally owned 9mm combat competition. I have never seen any major problems with our fullsize guns but we have a locker full of broken compacts and of course HK is no help in getting these fixed or replacement parts.

As far as the triggers I have used the standard V1, LEM, and LEM match triggers. The LEM type triggers are IMHO the easiest to be accurate with. The reset is a little on the long side though. None of the HK triggers are anything near the glock triggers.

If you have to have an HK in a compact size look at the P2000. I have used one as an EDC for about four years. It has been a reliable pistol. It has a lower bore axis and has been very accurate.

F-Trooper05
01-29-11, 23:05
^^That's the first I've ever heard of any sort of durability issues with USP Compacts. In fact, CBP Maritime traded in their P2000's for USP Compacts because they were more reliable in salt water environments. (Not that I don't believe you, I'm saying it's the first I've heard of it.)

Aanayab1
01-30-11, 01:50
ok so being it is not ordered yet how about the P2000sk? decision was originally between the usp and the P2000sk liked the feel of the usp a lil better but the P2000sk felt rock solid too? I'm a small framed guy and this purchase will be for a ccw
Thanks again Antonio

F-Trooper05
01-30-11, 03:59
I carry a P30 in the winter and a P2000SK in the summer. The SK is every bit as rock solid as the P30. I also have a USP Compact, for what it's worth, and I much prefer the SK to it. It just feels better balanced and less top heavy.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/millert12005/Guns/P6010004.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/millert12005/Guns/DSCN0050.jpg

glockshooter
01-30-11, 18:43
The SK is a great weapon but much smaller than a USP compact. I suggested the regular P2000 because it is the same size as a USP compact. The SK is similarly sized to glock 26.

gtmtnbiker98
01-30-11, 19:15
If you like the USPc and the P2000SK, then have you considered the HK45 Compact? The HK45c is the same size as the P2000/USPc and has the same frame texture as the P2000.

FWIW, I carry the P30S .40 on duty, the HK45c off duty and during warmer months, the P2000SK 9mm. I got rid of my only USPc. It felt like a brick and was much more top heavy when compared to the newer models. Your best bet would be to try out the various models prior to ordering blind.

JodyH
01-30-11, 19:32
The HK45c is the same size as the P2000/USPc
It's larger than the P2000 in every dimension.
The HK45C is closer in size to a P30.

sourdough44
01-31-11, 14:44
My 2 cents is a plug for the p2000sk with an LEM trigger since it will be for CCW. You can also use the higher capacity mags in the sk with or without the 'X-Grip' spacer. I see slightly used p2000sk's, mostly in 9mm with an LEM trigger going in the $700 range. Que up elitedealseeker for a gun search & look over a bunch of classifieds with a few clicks.

knights77
02-01-11, 22:19
I would go for the USP Compact myself having carried one for the last 12 years without a hiccup. The P2000sk is has a small grip but when the pinky extension is put on the magazine it is just as long as the USPC with the flush magazine. The P2000sk is just a bit shorter in length than the USPC by just 0.40 in so with an IWB it is not noticeable. So, for better control I would choose the USPC over the p2000sk. As for triggers, in a compact there is two popular options LEM or V1 (SA/DA). You could get the V1 customized for a better trigger pull but no Match Trigger for the USP Compact versions like the Full Size USP series. But i have heard that Bowie Tactical does HK trigger jobs: http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/servicesandshipping.html. Hope this helps in your decision process.

Silvanus
02-02-11, 01:58
I have an HK P2000sk in 9mm with an LEM/CDA trigger. I like that trigger the best. If you're not set on the USPc, I would take a look at the standard size P2000. IMO it's definitely an improvement over the USP, especially in regards to ergonomics of the grip.

VolGrad
02-02-11, 07:43
I don't think you're going to find a HK with a GLOCK like trigger. I've tried several and haven't been happy with the LEM, the light LEM, DA/SA, etc.

IF I can ever find a way/person to make the HK trigger feel like my GLOCKs I will get a P30 and a HK45. Until then ....

Julian
02-02-11, 12:04
I'm an HK armorer as well as a Glock armorer, the HK trigger pull, out of the box, is rough. Two things will correct that, A few thousand rounds or smoothing a few internal parts. That is true for all of the models.
Personally I train with the P30 9mm as it feels good to me, and is cheaper than training with my HK45C. I also have a P2000 and a P2000SK and a few USPs. As far as concealed goes I like the P2000SK with the P2000 mags. Giving me 13 rounds of .357sig in a smaller gun.
A change of the trigger return spring will give a nice trigger pull in the LEM until it hits about a 51/4 # hammer release. The hammer gives the second strike ability that a striker fired does not.

JodyH
02-02-11, 13:49
IF I can ever find a way/person to make the HK trigger feel like my GLOCKs I will get a P30 and a HK45. Until then ....
Not going to happen.
I was a die hard Glock trigger fan (I like the 3.5#/NY1 combo) until I really started using the LEM.
Now I much prefer the LEM.

deeHKman
02-02-11, 18:08
I have a fullsize s/s USP in 9mm and .45. The 9mm holds 15rds. Its not as big as the .45. Does anyone have compact USP 9mm can say the size difference in relative terms no need to measure anything or give me a to which glock size the compact falls into, thanks

I was planning on getting a USP compact and if the 9mm compact is not much different from what i have i can just use the money for a nice holster and night sights, again thanks for any input. OP i'm not taking over your thread its just no reason to start a new one.:)

DanjojoUSMC
02-02-11, 18:15
Pretty much the same size as a Glock 19, hardly a difference.

JodyH
02-02-11, 18:50
My P2000 is almost identical in size to my Glock 19.

deeHKman
02-02-11, 20:01
Pretty much the same size as a Glock 19, hardly a difference.

My P2000 is almost identical in size to my Glock 19.

Thanks i appreciate your time. I have a couple G19's a gen.3 and a rtf2 i think the G19 is one of if not the best carry gun out there. My hands are too large for anything smaller. I'll check out the P2000 against the USPc in 9mm, thanks