PDA

View Full Version : M&P W/ No IL- How To Tell In Person?

payj
01-30-11, 02:53
I am about to buy the compact 9. How can you tell if it has, or does not have the IL just by looking at the gun?

thx

sevin8nin
01-30-11, 03:13
If it has an internal lock then on the left side of the gun there will be a little key hole with an "L" next to it and a circular arrow. If there is no lock, that "L" will still be there, just no key hole on the frame.

If there's a magazine disconnect safety then when you lock the slide open and look down the ejection port from the top you'll see a silver lever sticking right out in the middle of of the magazine chamber. Or, you can just try dry firing the gun without a magazine in it, which would fail should it have the magazine safety.

payj
01-30-11, 03:48
Thank you. The one I was looking at had the "L" but where I am assuming the key hole would be was just a "bar" going through the frame. Assuming the just put that there to fill the hole? So I guess it did not have the IL.

Thanks again

Hmac
01-30-11, 07:15
Thank you. The one I was looking at had the "L" but where I am assuming the key hole would be was just a "bar" going through the frame. Assuming the just put that there to fill the hole? So I guess it did not have the IL.

Thanks again

When you disassemble the sear block to put your Apex DCAEK in, you'll see that that's just a little plastic plug in the "L" hole and you'll have to remember to put it back in before re-installing and re-pinning the sear block.