PDA

View Full Version : FF Rail Panel question

CAR-AR-M16
08-08-06, 12:37
I know that the KAC Rail Panels will fit and lock on a KAC FF RAS, but what other manufacturer's rails (DD, Larue, MI, etc..) will also accept the KAC Rail Panels? I am looking at building a midlength with a FF rail and want to use the KAC Rail Covers that I already have. TIA

ramy98
08-13-06, 16:11
KAC panels work well on my Larue 7.0.

rob_s
08-13-06, 18:55
The KAC panels will work on any in-spec rail and many that aren't.

cyclops
08-15-06, 15:13
KAC Rail Panels will not lock into TROY industries rails, at least not mine.

SuicideHz
08-15-06, 16:03
Burrito- seems to me he's asking if anyone knows who else's rails have notches that allow them to lock in place and not just fit.

DD machines locking notches into their rails so they will lock. If you are creative (like me) you can add your own. Just remove material from the sides of the notch so it is only as wide as the stem of the rail.

They WON'T lock into YHMs- at least not the FF carbine length I had 3 years ago.

CAR-AR-M16
08-24-06, 15:23
Burrito- seems to me he's asking if anyone knows who else's rails have notches that allow them to lock in place and not just fit.

DD machines locking notches into their rails so they will lock. If you are creative (like me) you can add your own. Just remove material from the sides of the notch so it is only as wide as the stem of the rail.

They WON'T lock into YHMs- at least not the FF carbine length I had 3 years ago.

That is exactly what I wanted to know. Which ones will allow the KAC panels to LOCK in place. I have heard the the Midwest Industries lock, but don't know for sure.

clynch
08-24-06, 15:43
They will lock onto LaRue, KAC, and Danial Defense rail systems for sure. They will not lock into Troy rails, as Cyclops mentioned above.

There may be others, but those are the ones I have first hand knowledge of.

Hope this helps,
Clint