PDA

View Full Version : 2 stage trigger

rescue1
08-08-06, 12:46
Im kinda new to this whole thing so I need some advice. I think I want a 2 stage trigger for my rifle. but if someone could please describe the difference between a 2 stage and a regular trigger I would appresciate it. also does anyone know where I can get a 2 stage for a reasonable price

bigthicket
08-08-06, 13:29
On a 2-stage trigger, the first stage is taking up the slack , then you feel a stop[sort of] and you pull the final stage like a single stage. Hell, this did not come out like i think it should sound. Next.......:D

bigthicket
08-08-06, 13:40
O.K. a 2-stage feels lighter than it really is, because you preload the springs when you take up the slack. I have a RRA 2-stage and a Chip Mc. Match single stage. I put them in myself, [not a gunsmith]. I like the McCormick for target shooting, but i think it is light for a defense rifle. Hope this helps. Wayne

TacDoc
08-08-06, 14:17
The best all around 2 stage trigger and still at an AFFORDABLE price is RRA. You can try it for less than $100 and if you like it you can always upgrade to a Geissele.

ncshooter
08-09-06, 05:47
I have a Jard single stage and a RRA two stage. The RRA breaks at about 3 1/2 lbs with standard springs and about 3 lbs with JP reduced springs. The Jard breaks at about 2 lbs. During firing it is very hard to tell the difference in weight. What is easy to tell the difference in is the take up. The RRA moves very easily to a point where resistance is felt (Stage 1). Then a very crisp break to fire the shot (Stage 2). The Jard has very little to no take up and breaks the shot much like Stage 2 of the RRA. IMHO, its a matter of taste as to which one folks like better.

svtar15
08-09-06, 08:15
We sell one similar to the RRA as well as the Jewell 2 Stage. For your first trigger, the first option is ideal. Cheap, easy install, no sweat. The Jewell however is not as easy to install(tons of pieces), but once you get it in, it is fully adjustable. It is a very nice trigger. It is also $195.00. The J&T 2 Stage is $115. Ours break at around 2.5 to 3 lbs. Let me know if I can help.

knightsar
08-09-06, 15:11
I love the 2 stage trigger on my KAC SR 15. I think I am going to try the LMT 2 stage trigger on the build I am working on now.

RacerXXL
08-10-06, 00:31
The Jewell is hard to get ajusted correctly and the instruction are terrible but once it's right it's a very nice trigger:D