PDA

View Full Version : Glock G33 357 sig to 40 S&W conversion problems

M4Mike
01-31-11, 08:51
Ok first off I know that this conversion can be done successfully but I ran into a few little problems that maybe someone else has seen.
I bought a storm lake 40 S&W barrel for my G33 and as advertised it dropped right in place and hand cycled well. The problem that came up happened at the range and on the very first shot when the slide went back it didnt eject the spent casing. It left the casing in the chamber and tried to strip off a new round of course jamming things up. Now my first impression is this barrel is trash but after trying again it functioned fine. So now I'm thinking it some kind of break in related malfunction. But after about 50 problem free rounds it happend again and 3 more times after that with different magazines and at different intervals. So after close review all that I can find different is the magazine follower for the 357 sig vs the 40 S&W mags. Could this be the problem. Also the gun has less than 200 rounds thru it so its not worn out yet.

MarkG
01-31-11, 11:02
Chamber may be cut to deep and extractor is missing rim. Given that the issue is intermittent, may be hard to diagnose.

ST911
01-31-11, 18:01
The aftermarket stuff introduces variables which make distance troubleshooting and diagnosis difficult.

If you want to convert your G33 to 40SW, and need the gun to run reliably, I recommend you buy an OEM G27 barrel. So configured, they run, and with G27 or G33 magazines.