PDA

View Full Version : Glock Glass Breaker Mag Plate.

Vlobb
01-31-11, 13:45
Well, I thought I had seen it all. Then I find this: http://www.dpmsystems.com/en/car-glass-breakers/ :haha:

Am I wrong for thinking this is absolutely absurd?

Detmongo
01-31-11, 13:47
Well, I thought I had seen it all. Then I find this: http://www.dpmsystems.com/en/car-glass-breakers/ :haha:

no not at all,
this will only lead to ad's.

Shawn.L
01-31-11, 13:48
wow, did you see the glass breaker guide rod ?

offers all the following advantages:

Extreme Tactical Use

How would you like to do a mag change with that mag :shout: ?

hank2165
01-31-11, 13:51
Absurd? Yes. They will sell thousands. It's right in line with the tire puncture tool that mounts to an AR muzzle.

ucrt
01-31-11, 13:54

Pointing a Glock at some guy you're trying to rescue might be a good way to get shot...

GermanSynergy
01-31-11, 13:56
Every mall ninja and Walter Mitty type will buy these, and they'll be the bane of reputable instructors when they start filtering thru classes.

I can hear it now, many folks being told to "put that stupid thing away"....

654Boomer
01-31-11, 13:58

TAP . . . OUCH!!! RACK . . . BANG!

longball
01-31-11, 14:07
"...the handgun itself can also be used as a hammerlike tool for the breakage of glass panes..."

Abraxas used to tell me his 17 was a hammer that just happened to expel projectiles. Looks like DPM is confirming. :D

I can see it now, somewhere, for some reason, some armed individual (or worse an officer) hollers, "roll down your window now or I'm gonna break it (with my carbide tipped magazine plate, or worse, my carbide tipped guide rod), undisciplined trigger finger and.......BANG! Dead guy in the driver's seat.

NinjaMedic
01-31-11, 14:08
Same theory as using your pistol and weapon light as a regular flashlight right? Bad Idea

Vlobb
01-31-11, 14:15
wow, did you see the glass breaker guide rod ?

I did just see that and I'm even more perplexed now. :eek: I have no doubt these will sell like hotcakes however, I do question the mindset of the people buying them.

wahoo95
01-31-11, 14:27
Wow, that'll make for fun quick mag changes.......I'm looking so forward to slamming that sucker home with the palm of my hand :rolleyes:

GermanSynergy
01-31-11, 14:30
Whoever invented this needs to sit in the corner with a dunce cap.

Wow, that'll make for fun quick mag changes.......I'm looking so forward to slamming that sucker home with the palm of my hand :rolleyes:

ucrt
01-31-11, 14:41

Some EMT guy must have watched Matt Dillion nail up "Wanted Posters" with the butt of his six-shooter and thought...hmmm...I'll make it a glass breaker! :no:

J_B
01-31-11, 14:42
I do question the mindset of the people buying them.

"I'll be a bad @$$ mo fo with this thing on my Glock. People will think I own the top rung of the ladder when it comes to operators."

Or simply, "I'm soooo gonna hella need this when I'm working mall security and have to break a car window because some mall patron left their keys in their car."

skyugo
01-31-11, 14:42
even in a low stress environment this seems dangerous. in a high stress environment i can't see it going right at all :eek:

J_B
01-31-11, 14:45
even in a low stress environment this seems dangerous. in a high stress environment i can't see it going right at all :eek:

Reminds me of a story I overheard a retiring Sgt and a few of his friends laughing about.

Vehicle pursuit ended with a crash. Suspect refused to come out so he runs up, using the muzzle of his handgun, muzzle strikes the side window.

Handgun goes flying into the car, Sgt is climbing past the suspect to secure gun.

I do recall seeing this same thing on COPS awhile ago but officer retained handgun.

Still think this is a bad idea all the way around.......

Jerm
01-31-11, 14:48
Clearly this is just an ingenious way to deal with concerns over bullet deflection through glass.

I'm all over it.

Gombey
01-31-11, 14:48
Whoever invented this needs to sit in the corner with a dunce cap.

Not at all, I'd say he's a genius (or she to be PC) the idiots that buy them......now THEY need the cap

There is a sucker born every minute

viperpit7
01-31-11, 15:00
i can understand the "idea" of why that would be used. i can also see people buying them because "the spike sticking out looks all B.A." but you guys are rite that isnt even clever, thats like glueing a tac to ur mag release, "oh! my mags empty. SON OF B*TCH!" :haha:

sammage
01-31-11, 15:06
This will go great with my pistol bayonet!

Vlobb
01-31-11, 15:15
Here is an article that reinforces the fact that this is very stupid and that pistols, loaded or unloaded, should not be used as hammers or to break glass.

http://www.khou.com/home/Shooting-reported-outside-Deerbrook-Mall-114495319.html

Zhurdan
01-31-11, 15:20
Guy1: "MEDIIIIIIIC!!!"
Guy2: "What's the matter? Where are you shot?"
Guy1: "Oh, I'm not shot, I just have a huge hole in my hand from doing a mag change".
Guy2: "DOHHH!"

viperpit7
01-31-11, 15:22
Here is an article that reinforces the fact that this is very stupid and that pistols, loaded or unloaded, should not be used as hammers or to break glass.

http://www.khou.com/home/Shooting-reported-outside-Deerbrook-Mall-114495319.html

if you want to break glass THAT BAD and dont care about sacrificing functionability, i suggest #1 a left hand leather glove. #2 brass knuckles. lol

okie john
01-31-11, 15:35
Coming soon to a mall ninja near you...

Okie John

Heavy Metal
01-31-11, 15:40
Short-bus window-breaker

JonnyVain
01-31-11, 15:49
At least they won't be shooting the passengers when they break the glass with their muzzle.....

Cincinnatus
01-31-11, 15:55
Most competent folks carry something else to break glass with in a pinch, like the butt of some rescue knife, or else a police baton, etc.

Ga Shooter
01-31-11, 16:02
Guy1: "MEDIIIIIIIC!!!"
Guy2: "What's the matter? Where are you shot?"
Guy1: "Oh, I'm not shot, I just have a huge hole in my hand from doing a mag change".
Guy2: "DOHHH!"

According to the manufacturer "If you are doing your reloads correctly you won't even know it's there."

Wow! I must be doing it wrong!!:suicide2:

theblackknight
01-31-11, 16:14
The amount of products coming out this year classified as Full Retard is on a sharp rise.

jaxman7
01-31-11, 17:07
Very true.

The amount of products coming out this year classified as Full Retard is on a sharp rise.

NoveskeFan
01-31-11, 17:19
I just ordered mine :rolleyes: Handguns are not multi-tools, what the hell is wrong with people?

The_Biased_Observer
01-31-11, 17:26
Crap products like this are born from the need for a real world tool.

I've had the pleasure of needing to break automobile glass in the field while covering the driver with lethal force. At first glance this product answers that need, and also provides you with the ability to go hands on immediately, solving two problems. Nonetheless, it's still a bad idea.

Flashlight delivered glass breakers are a much better idea, but the numerous flashlights used by police everywhere complicate the product line. I'd like to see someone come out with Stinger tailcaps that are made from carbide that fit in current flashlight holsters (simply made from carbide shouljd work) and expand that to other lights light SF, Maglite, Streamlight SL's, etc. Price becomes an issue due to the size and cost of machining carbide.

Some models using the cap for electricity might need inserts I guess.

NoveskeFan
01-31-11, 17:44
Flashlight delivered glass breakers are a much better idea...

That would be a good tool. Doesnt ASP make a glass breaker tail cap for the batons? I mean most likely youll have, (or should have) a cover officer with you before going for a vehicle extraction. So the cover officer can keep the perp lit up while you deploy the ASP glass breaker.

HMM...http://www.swatools.com/ecom/category/12/ might be worth further investigation.

davemcdonald
01-31-11, 18:13
I saw these guys at SHOT. IIRC their putting retail price at $30 per base plate. My response was along the lines of "really...on a $20 magazine?...Good luck"

randolph
01-31-11, 18:32

and the worst part is, a 15 year officer is about to have his career ruined and an illegial alien's family is about to be millionaires... :(