PDA

View Full Version : Login Problems/search problems...

Mr. Biggles
01-31-11, 16:09
When I log into M4carbine.net, to check my private messages, I'll do my usual login, and when I click (Private Messages) it'll make me login a second time. Is this normal?

Also, when using the search function, it'll only let me do a search once a day... Everytime I try to search, it'll say that I have to wait 10 seconds to do another search, even if I wait minutes between searches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

C4IGrant
01-31-11, 16:15
When I log into M4carbine.net, to check my private messages, I'll do my usual login, and when I click (Private Messages) it'll make me login a second time. Is this normal?

Also, when using the search function, it'll only let me do a search once a day... Everytime I try to search, it'll say that I have to wait 10 seconds to do another search, even if I wait minutes between searches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you clicking the button to keep you logged in?

Did you try the search button at the top of the screen (the orange one)???

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=58243

C4

Mr. Biggles
01-31-11, 16:19
Are you clicking the button to keep you logged in?

Did you try the search button at the top of the screen (the orange one)???

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=58243

C4

I don't see a button to keep me logged in.

I tried to use the (Orange Button) to do a search, and it immediately told me that I have a wait 10 seconds to do a search. I even try searching the forums using the other search funtions, and still nothing.

C4IGrant
02-01-11, 09:57
I don't see a button to keep me logged in.

I tried to use the (Orange Button) to do a search, and it immediately told me that I have a wait 10 seconds to do a search. I even try searching the forums using the other search funtions, and still nothing.

It is right next to where you put your user name. It sayes "Remember me."

To my knowledge, the search button at the top (which says Google in the box you are typing in) has NO time limit.

My guess is that you are clicking the orange search button and then selecting "advanced search" which takes you right back to the VB search tool and that one DOES have a time restriction.

C4

Mr. Biggles
02-01-11, 14:33
It is right next to where you put your user name. It sayes "Remember me."

Okay, got it.

Edit: I can click, "Remember Me", but it still logs me out after a few minutes.

To my knowledge, the search button at the top (which says Google in the box you are typing in) has NO time limit.

My guess is that you are clicking the orange search button and then selecting "advanced search" which takes you right back to the VB search tool and that one DOES have a time restriction.

C4

It doesn't matter which search function I use. =(

Gecko_764
02-01-11, 20:39
I have the same issue with the search function. I revert to the google search in the drop down from the orange button. If I try to do a regular forum search, without fail, I get the "you must wait at least 10 seconds...." and typically it tells me to try again any time between 3 and 8 seconds before trying again. It does this whether its my first search or whether I wait minutes in between searches.

eternal24k
02-04-11, 13:51
I get a blank screen a lot when doing searches, it also seems to happen more and more when doing more narrow searches (including author or reply and searching description or using quotations)

C4IGrant
02-04-11, 14:03
I get a blank screen a lot when doing searches, it also seems to happen more and more when doing more narrow searches (including author or reply and searching description or using quotations)

Somewhat normal and why you don't want to use this search and stick with the Google version at the top of the screen.

C4