PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice regarding zeroing of sights

lloydkristmas
01-31-11, 17:00
Need some advice regarding Magpul MBUS....

I've got an FN FS2000, great gun aside from the small, low slung iron sights. I removed them and installed a set of Magpul MBUS.

I see that the folding "small peep" and larger, close range peep are on slightly different planes. I understand that these are intended for different ranges.

I typically zero this rifle for closer range, since it is a home defense weapon (and can be pressed into service as a backyard coyote killer). Because of this, I try and zero the FS at 25 yards, then work out to 50. With this in mind, should I start by zeroing with the small peep? Or the large one? The trigger (long, heavy) and the short sight radius makes a 100 yd zero a real chore, so Im going to start with 25 and work up to 50.

If I'm thinking correctly here, a 25 yd zero with the large peep would have rounds hitting slightly low when switching to the small peep.

I guess my question is, if I wanted to make sure the gun was as precise as possible between 25 and 100 yds (beyond that, Im not too concerned), which peep should I zero it with? and at what distance?

Thanks guys.

TOrrock
01-31-11, 17:12
Large peep to 100 yds.

When you've got that set, the different plane that the small apeture is on will help compensate for long ranges past 200 yds.

lloydkristmas
01-31-11, 17:58
Its just tough because the short sight radius and heavy trigger of the bullpup makes the 100 yd zero a little more difficult to achieve.

TOrrock
01-31-11, 21:47
Its just tough because the short sight radius and heavy trigger of the bullpup makes the 100 yd zero a little more difficult to achieve.

Another reason to get a Colt 6920......

Jus' sayin'. :big_boss:

lloydkristmas
02-01-11, 01:07
I'm more of an AK guy :cool: