PDA

View Full Version : Ops brake/collar install on BCM barrel?

Josh-L
02-01-11, 06:23
If I order this barrel...

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-18-SPR-SS410-Barrel-Rifle-Length-Gas-Ionbond-p/bcm%20ss410%2018-8%20ib%20bk.htm

What does it take to install an Ops Inc brake/collar? Is this something a shop would have to do or could I do it myself?

TehLlama
02-01-11, 22:09
Send an email to ADCO, they carry the parts and will install them.

I've done this with my 18" barrel, and am very happy with the result.

Is this for a 12th or 16th/15th/14th/M4S?

crossgun
02-02-11, 08:31
Attaching the brake and collar is easily something you can do.

If there is going to be a problem, and more than likely there will be, it will be getting a collar that has an ID sized to your barrels OD. Steve at ADCO should have a collar but they or someone else will have to punch it out to fit you barrel.

Last time I went through this I had a guy make me up a few collars to match the can and everytime I need to install one on a barrel all we have to do is open up the hole to match the particular barrel.

boltcatch
02-02-11, 13:22
Worst case scenario, you just send the barrel to ADCO. Last time I needed a collar, mailbox to mailbox was a week. It's not expensive, either.

Belmont31R
02-02-11, 13:26
That barrel is already profiled for the Ops Inc collar. Thats the step between the gas block shelf and muzzle.

All you have to do is slide the collar on, and tighten down the set screw.

There should not be any fitting work needed.

TehLlama
02-02-11, 23:35
It might require a custom collar if it's not for the 12th - not sure if they still have the dimensions from the custom collar they made me (For M4S/15th).

Josh-L
02-02-11, 23:39
That barrel is already profiled for the Ops Inc collar. Thats the step between the gas block shelf and muzzle.

All you have to do is slide the collar on, and tighten down the set screw.

There should not be any fitting work needed.

That's what I thought just wanted to check.

I don't have an Ops can. I just like the looks of the Mk12 Mod 0.