PDA

View Full Version : BCM or Addax

deadon57
02-01-11, 09:50
I was checking out the middy's from BCM and Addax. Both seem to spec out the same in terms of bolt and barrel, but you don't have to pay extra money out for the same mil-spec M-16 bolt. I also see the BCM has a chromed lined chamber, but it doesn't say if the Addax has the same.

Addax
02-01-11, 11:49
I was checking out the middy's from BCM and Addax. Both seem to spec out the same in terms of bolt and barrel, but you don't have to pay extra money out for the same mil-spec M-16 bolt. I also see the BCM has a chromed lined chamber, but it doesn't say if the Addax has the same.

The Daniel Defense Cold Hammer Forged barrels we use have a chrome lined bore and chamber.

Evil Bert
02-01-11, 11:52
The Addax Tactical DI middies for $775 states on the site that they are Chrome lined 556 barrels. The other uppers they sell are DD. All things being equal, if I had to choose between Addax and BCM, I would go with BCM. Not to say that Addax is not good. I am just saying that BCM is the better option from what I can tell.

wilhelm
02-01-11, 16:00
I own an ADDAX built upper. That thing runs flawlessly. I have had it for 2 years now and I have never ever had one issue with it. Love that thing. My $.02.

Quentin
02-01-11, 17:09
Well if we're talking BCM and Daniel Defense, choose the one that best meets your specs. You really can't go wrong. I went with a DD CHF 16" lightweight midlength and love it. BCM happened to be out of stock but I expect I'd be real happy with theirs too.

deadon57
02-02-11, 00:26
Probably go with Addax, I can't see too much difference between BCM and Addax in terms of what they have. What I like about Addax is you don't have to pay extra for the keycarrier/bolt assembly and the free shipping over $150.00, that said I think the Addax is a great mil-spec rifle and you're getting quite a bit for the money.