PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on AAC Breakouts gone sour

Leonidas24
02-01-11, 10:23
I should have known better, that good deals are almost always too good to be true. I ordered an AAC Breakout from here (http://www.nationwidediscounts.net/products/ADV-ARM-BRAKEOUT-MB-51TTH-1%7B47%7D2X28.html), on the 24th. I've always been a bargain hunter and thought I would at least give it a shot, and if it turned south I could cancel the order.

It has been eight days now, and my order hasn't even been taken off the shelf as far as I'm concerned. I sent a message last week asking the estimated shipping time, and the response I received was that it would ship on the 26th. Obviously it's the 1st now, but this company's phones are not working for me to cancel the order over the phone. I sent an email requesting them to cancel the order and give me a full refund, we'll see how that goes.

Should have ordered from Rainier. :(

mrosamilia
02-01-11, 10:26
My daddy says if it sounds to good to be true......

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MookNW
02-01-11, 10:28
Under the categories, it says "airsoft products"

Leonidas24
02-01-11, 10:35
Well so is this (http://www.nationwidediscounts.net/products/MAGPUL-UBR-AR15-ADJ-STOCK-FOLIAGE.html)

Like I said, should have known better than to order from a company that categorizes this stuff under airsoft.

Robb Jensen
02-01-11, 10:49
I would suggest only buying AAC products from authorized AAC dealers. And that goes for many products like Aimpoints too.

Stickman
02-01-11, 11:01
Well so is this (http://www.nationwidediscounts.net/products/MAGPUL-UBR-AR15-ADJ-STOCK-FOLIAGE.html)

Like I said, should have known better than to order from a company that categorizes this stuff under airsoft.

Airsoft clones are available in all popular acessories, I wouldn't use pot metal pieces on any of my weapons. I kind of like my face the way it is.

Vegas
02-01-11, 11:11
Call your credit card company and start a charge back through them. Easy :)

Leonidas24
02-01-11, 11:12
Airsoft clones are available in all popular acessories, I wouldn't use pot metal pieces on any of my weapons. I kind of like my face the way it is.

Totally agree. This isn't an airsoft piece, it looks to me as the company didn't know what to file it under. Colt 1911 magazines are even filed under airsoft products.

Deaj
02-01-11, 13:11
If the seller doesn't know how to keep firearms products categorized separately from airsoft products they may well not know enough to identify an airsoft knock-off product from the real thing. I poked around on their site a bit they have quite a few firearms accessories in their airsoft section including Adams piston conversion kits and complete AR upper receivers. All of these products are displayed using the stock type photos one finds in a Google Shopping search (meaning the photos on their site are not of the actual items they have in their stock). With the sellers department store type selection, focus on airsoft, and lack of distinction between airsoft related products and firearms products I would have little confidence in their ability to spot a clone / knock-off product. As suggested by Vegas you should put an end to this transaction through your credit card company and then find an authorized AAC dealer.

Daekwan
02-01-11, 14:53
I would suggest only buying AAC products from authorized AAC dealers. And that goes for many products like Aimpoints too.

I pretty much live by that rule, especially when it comes to firearms and/or accessories. I wonder how many people are dealing with shady companies trying to save a buck and ending up with airsoft, chinese knockoffs, or even swapped out hard parts (like BCG's).

Im currently in the market for a pair of flip down Troy battlesights and I've seen more than a few online retailers (and used personal ads) selling them for well below what the authorized or recognized dealers are. Makes me quickly look away.