PDA

View Full Version : Trigger wont reset-can't take slide off

Hard Liquor and Handguns
02-01-11, 13:45
I just managed to screw up the "easy trigger mod" for my glock 19. I dropped in the NY1 spring and - #3.5 connector and reassembled. I put the slide back on to test and I didn't feel the trigger click or reset. So, Ive tried to take the slide off to see what I did wrong and can't get slide to come off. Can anyone offer some help?

Brian

willowofwisp
02-01-11, 13:51
You should be able to pull the slide back and remove the striker assembly and then the slide will come off

Hard Liquor and Handguns
02-01-11, 13:57
thanks man. slide is off.

Robb Jensen
02-01-11, 13:58
You should be able to pull the slide back and remove the striker assembly and then the slide will come off

This. Yep remove the striker with the slide locked to the rear.

willowofwisp
02-01-11, 14:04
This. Yep remove the striker with the slide locked to the rear.

I forgot to mention that he had to remove the cover plate..opps

ucrt
02-01-11, 14:08

Did you put the slide back on without the barrel?

If that is the case...it requires some manipulating the trigger in some "sweet spot" while holding back slightly on the slide. I did it once and just brought it to a buddy who did it in a second.

It does not require any forcing or tools, so don't get too eager. Sorry I don't remember more...

Good luck...

Wayne Dobbs
02-01-11, 16:03
Guns with NY trigger return springs sometimes won't release the slides after the slide lock is depressed. This is because the trigger return spring is alsways pushing upwards on the trigger bar. Simply pull the trigger and hold it rearwards as you remove the slide and the slide should come off (with a bit of assistance).