PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Shooting Method (VSM) One-Day Basic Handgun Course - April 09, 2011

Mr. Smith
02-02-11, 13:26
http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/VSM%20CLASS%201-8-2011/P1080631-1.jpg

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/VSM%20CLASS%2012-11-2010/PC110856.jpg

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or those who wish a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bulls eye shooting.

***There are no pre-requisites for this course***

Primary Instructor: Joe Barnsfather VSM Instructor

- Class dates: March 12 2011

- Cost: $150

- Class size: Limited

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
- Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
- 250 rounds of ammunition
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Good attitude

kwelz
02-02-11, 16:08
I think I would be interested in attending this.

Mr. Smith
02-02-11, 16:24
I think I would be interested in attending this.

You will love the class.

Mr. Smith
02-08-11, 09:07
Class is half full.

kwelz
02-09-11, 17:43
Hello everyone.
I am working on securing cheaper lodging for everyone attending this. I have my room and one other already reserved however I can get rooms at around 62+ tax for 2 double beds at a property less than 2 miles from the range.

I just need to have an idea of how many rooms we will need.

galaxie500
02-09-11, 19:48
Sent you a Pm kwelz.

Mr. Smith
02-10-11, 17:05
Hello everyone.
I am working on securing cheaper lodging for everyone attending this. I have my room and one other already reserved however I can get rooms at around 62+ tax for 2 double beds at a property less than 2 miles from the range.

Thanks for your help this class is going to be a blast.

Mr. Smith
02-22-11, 08:28
This class and the one the day after are filling up fast.

HawaiianBob
02-25-11, 22:51
Email to ya Kewlz :)

Mr. Smith
03-03-11, 07:55
1 or 2 spots still open.

Violator
03-07-11, 17:40
Looking forward to this class. Now that I gots me a new blaster to break in.

-Cheese

kwelz
03-07-11, 17:50
Looking forward to this class. Now that I gots me a new blaster to break in.

-Cheese

What did you pick up? Wait let me guess. One of those Noveske from Joe?

BillOH
03-08-11, 06:59
Hello everyone.

Is this class going to be held at the indoor range or the outdoor range? I'm not aware of any lodging near the outdoor range.

kwelz
03-08-11, 07:25
Is this class going to be held at the indoor range or the outdoor range? I'm not aware of any lodging near the outdoor range.

Do you have an address for the outdoor range? I was going off of the information provided. How far away is the outdoor range?

Mr. Smith
03-08-11, 10:25
Do you have an address for the outdoor range? I was going off of the information provided. How far away is the outdoor range?

Far far away.

BillOH
03-08-11, 10:38
It's about 15 miles of crooked roads from the motels in Marietta to the outdoor range. here's a map: http://www.gssfonline.com/schedule_etc/images/Match_Maps/Ohio-MOH-Map.jpg

Also the Fort Harmar maps to both ranges. http://www.fortharmar.com/maps.html

kwelz
03-08-11, 10:44
Assuming that map is somewhat to scale we are looking at about 17 mile from the hotel to the range. I can look at alternatives if you all wish.

But considering I normally drive an hour for our local classes my sympathy is minimal. :)

BillOH
03-08-11, 11:07
To the best of my knowledge, the motels in Marietta are the closest to the outdoor range. It's kind of out in the country. :)

Mr. Smith
03-08-11, 11:10
To the best of my knowledge, the motels in Marietta are the closest to the outdoor range. It's kind of out in the country. :)

Are you going to be in class with us?

BillOH
03-08-11, 11:18
Are you going to be in class with us?

No, I'm just familiar with the range. I shoot IDPA there.

Violator
03-08-11, 11:20
What did you pick up? Wait let me guess. One of those Noveske from Joe?

No not yet;), I got a S&W M&P. Hell of a wedding gift!

kwelz
03-08-11, 11:30
No not yet;), I got a S&W M&P. Hell of a wedding gift!

Good choice. That is what I run.
He can do amazing work to them.

Alright guys, I just spoke with Mr. Reno, the Executive Director of the range.

The Hotels I have us in are the closest to the range. Total distance is about 17-18 miles so my earlier guess was pretty close.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks to BillOH for pointing out my mistake in the distance, etc.

Violator
03-08-11, 11:59
Thats not too bad. I'm not really worried about a short drive like that. I just can't wait to get out there and bust some caps. My pistol skills need much improving.

Mr. Smith
03-08-11, 12:02
Thats not too bad. I'm not really worried about a short drive like that. I just can't wait to get out there and bust some caps. My pistol skills need much improving.

I got your glock sights in and thy are nice.

kwelz
03-16-11, 08:06
The closer we get to this date the more I am looking forward to it.

Anyone from this area plan to car pool/caravan over there?

Mr. Smith
03-16-11, 17:51
We have one spot left.

Mr. Smith
04-06-11, 15:16
Class is full

We are a Tactical Tailor are dealer and thy sent a box of gear for this class

If you can out shoot your class mates you will get some free gear from Tactical Tailor and Superior firearms.