PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry Arms med kit opinions

dsom16
02-02-11, 17:01
See:

http://www.cavalryarms.com/medical/medical.html

Interested in opinions on VOK as a STARTING point (will add a blood stopper - Celox)

Does this sound like a good beginning point to add items to ? $48.00 - sound reasonable ?

thanks,
Dave

Iraq Ninja
02-02-11, 17:16
It is really designed to be kept packaged, so it may be hard to add things to it.

Part of the cost is the packaging. It is a good setup for a pocket based med kit, but you can probably buy the individual pieces cheaper, rather than tearing apart the VOK.

Are you planning to use it for EDC or as part of a larger, pouch med kit?

3 AE
02-04-11, 05:40
You can get that exact same VOK direct from Tactical Response Gear for $40.00. They also have a deal, 2 for $70.00. Or you can put one together that has pretty much all of the same items from a single source like Chinook Medical for about $30. If you have to order from two or more sources from the Internet then separate shipping costs just wipes out any savings you get from doing it yourself.

dsom16
02-04-11, 06:16
Folks:
good points and advice - this is for EDC. Yes, packaging is an issue when adding items (if you want to keep it sealed). I am checking the suggested other vendors.

Once again, thanks for pointing me in right direction

Dave

chuckman
02-05-11, 07:15
Part of the cost is the packaging. It is a good setup for a pocket based med kit, but you can probably buy the individual pieces cheaper, rather than tearing apart the VOK.

Like building an AR (versus buying complete), you are correct in that with medical kits you can ususally build one less expensively than buying one complete.

Phazuka
02-06-11, 14:56
you can get a new, USGI IFAK on eBay for $40.

motorwerks
02-06-11, 17:40
you can get a new, USGI IFAK on eBay for $40.

I just did almost exactly this (except I got it from a local army navy store) for $29.00. Its strapped on my webgear.

drsal
02-06-11, 17:52
You can probably purchase all the individual components cheaper; also I found that austereprovisions.com has fairly inexpensive items for your medical kit needs.