PDA

View Full Version : Magpul has gone crazy! What kind of customer service is this?

Eurodriver
02-02-11, 18:27
In September I posted this thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=62834

Basically, I tried to stake an ASAP. It was a horrible job on my end, Magpul (specifically Nick) sent me a free replacement ASAP. I didnt even have to ask for it. He just said, hey, send me your address and I'll get a new one out to you. Its in the thread.

Before
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7311/68669817.jpg

After
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2163/pb110224.jpg

Today, five months later, I checked my mail and I got this:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/544/img00131201102021408.jpg

This isn't good customer service. This is something a best friend does for you...maybe...if you beg him. I never asked for an RSA, I never ordered an RSA, it just showed up in my unit mailroom as if Magpul was saying "Hey man, remember us?"

I am not affiliated with any Magpul dealer, or a gun shop, or a rifle range, or a Magpul fan club or anything. I'm just a lowly AR enthusiast who likes their products. I dont know why they would do this for me?

To clarify: I bought an ASAP from my local gun shop. I messed it up attempting to stake it. They helped me figure out how to correctly stake it, sent me a new ASAP, and now they've sent me an RSA...because I was a customer.

Thanks guys.

newyork
02-02-11, 18:31
Outstanding!

BadKarma375
02-02-11, 18:33
There really are GOOD people in this world!!

Eurodriver
02-02-11, 18:35
Oh, I almost forgot.

I just put it on my AR15. I'll get pics up in a bit.

I had a Daniel Defense QD sling point on my rail, and I am so glad its gone. It was so bulky and in the way. If my sling was setup for 1pt, the swivel would clank around and make noise. Plus it sticks out almost a full inch, and the swivel is over an inch wide.

Mounting the RSA on top I can't accidentally "touch" it no matter how I awkwardly I manipulate the weapon. It makes no noise either (obviously)

I think I'm going to buy another one for my dedicated 2pt setup as well.

whiterabbit05
02-02-11, 18:42
Wow, way to go Magpul.

I want free stuff too! So what's Nick's email/number?

sfsmedic
02-02-11, 18:47
Makes me want to continue to be their customer. I will go out of my way for good customer service even if it means me spending a little more money on the same product. Great story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thmpr
02-02-11, 18:49
Magpul CS has been great.... waiting on 2 ea. PRS stock and 1 ea. UBR stock. No hesitation on buying their products.

BBJones13
02-02-11, 18:49
Moral of the story:
- break MP product
- contact them
- they send you new part
- months later they send you a related product that just came out

Hmmm I am going to take an axe to my 30+ MP products. I'll let you know how it turns out.

jakjakman
02-02-11, 18:50
Magpul customer service has done right by me also. +1 for Magpul! :)

PatrolRifleGroup
02-02-11, 19:01
Shoot, even though you botched the first ASAP, I'd still take it!

Eurodriver
02-02-11, 19:11
Moral of the story:
- break MP product
- contact them
- they send you new part
- months later they send you a related product that just came out

Hmmm I am going to take an axe to my 30+ MP products. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Wrong. I never contacted them. (I'm assuming youre kidding)

If you read the thread you would have seen I was satisfied with my staking job.

Then M4Carbine chimed in and everyone was like whooaaaa.

After that, Nick came out of nowhere and said he'd send me a new one free of charge.

About 10 days later I had a new ASAP.

Jafo
02-02-11, 19:16
Magpul already made out on the deal ! I never saw that part before and I like the way it looks. Word of mouth is one of the best sales men out their!

cbyrd556
02-02-11, 19:19
Great to hear. Magpul consistently goes above and beyond. That's why they keep getting my money. Take care and have a good one Eurodriver.

SteveL
02-02-11, 19:22
Did you also stake the one shown in the 'after' picture?

jayw13th
02-02-11, 19:26
Magpul offers a great product and awesome support. I am a customer for life. Or until i run out of ideas and money.

The_War_Wagon
02-02-11, 19:27
Makes me glad to drink the Kool-Aid! Ohhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh... :D

Eurodriver
02-02-11, 19:32
Did you also stake the one shown in the 'after' picture?

Yes.

Here is a comparison of the DD and Magpul products. Obviously way more streamlined and the fact that you can mount it on top gets it out of the way.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6178/comparej.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1694/finishmu.jpg
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2352/sidewhole.jpg

BBJones13
02-02-11, 19:33
Wrong. I never contacted them. (I'm assuming youre kidding)

If you read the thread you would have seen I was satisfied with my staking job.

Then M4Carbine chimed in and everyone was like whooaaaa.

After that, Nick came out of nowhere and said he'd send me a new one free of charge.

About 10 days later I had a new ASAP.

I was just joking. It was also not meant as a slight against you. I did read your original thread (all 4 pages). MP is good people.

Ash Hess
02-02-11, 19:33
I had a MIAD on my M4 in a Mountainous country overseas. I neglected to put the pin in it and several months later during an air insertion I managed to lose the medium back.
I contacted Magpul about buying another back. They sent me an entire MIAD at no cost. That was when they were much smaller company and i am glad to see that they havent changed there ways

MeanRider
02-02-11, 19:38
I will continue to be a satisfied customer.

usmcvet
02-02-11, 19:43
They make great gear. Good the hear their CS it top notch too. What did you use for your second stake job? Looks great.

taylodr
02-02-11, 19:43
That is awesome!!!

Of course to top it off, they have bad ass stuff and don't charge like it is made from solid gold.

I am a satisfied customer even without free stuff, but that is just totally cool. Makes me want to continue supporting a great American company.

Eurodriver
02-02-11, 19:47
They make great gear. Good the hear their CS it top notch too. What did you use for your second stake job? Looks great.

I used a Starrett (I think?) Auto Punch to get it started 1/16" of the way in then I used a Big Hammer and a Big Punch.

usmcvet
02-02-11, 19:50
Pretty shrewd/smart advertising. Word of mouth is one of the best. I sent a 15 year old Marlin .22 back for a repair and it came back fixed for free. They've more than covered their cost with ten years of me talking them up over and over. They have a customer for life in me. I Ashley MP does in you.

usmcvet
02-02-11, 20:00
Thanks. My stake job looks like your first with a cheap auto punch.

Eurodriver
02-02-11, 20:02
Thanks. My stake job looks like your first with a cheap auto punch.

I have since staked another rifle with an auto punch. You just need to start a little closer to the receiver and be sure to go straight down, not off to an angle. Thats what messed me up.

I actually prefer the auto punch now that I know how to use it. Maybe you could put a piece of metal in a vice and practice on that first.

usmcvet
02-02-11, 20:05
Good idea. I staked a few BM's for buddies at work. Ugly but effective.

RandomHero01
02-02-11, 20:11
Just chiming in to say that I'm stoked to see businesses like Magpul, who could honestly do just about anything they want because of the quality and price point of their product, doing things like that. Not only will I continue to be a happy customer, I hope they have the opportunity to expand because I hope to work for a company like that (or own it...haha).

I'd like to throw in also that Noveske Rifleworks and in particular John Noveske has been great with their products in the same way. I know for a fact that Mr. Noveske is very concerned with customer satisfaction.

Keep America Great,
RH01

Pumpkinheaver
02-02-11, 20:18
That is exactly why they get a bunch of my money!!!

Fuzzy-Reticle
02-02-11, 20:26
Now that is customer service! Magpul gets it and so does LaRue and BCM! A small group of others do also but far too many have no clue.

I will be buying more from my favorite Colorado based company soon!

Heavy Metal
02-02-11, 21:09
I wish they would make a sling adapter like that or a KNS QD attachment plate for the MOE handguards.

BCmJUnKie
02-02-11, 21:26
Thats awesome. Magpul is pretty amazing. The ONLY thing I wish they WOULDNT make is the Pmags for the stupid ass airsoft guns

kmrtnsn
02-02-11, 21:29
I have had similar experiences with Magpul and a few other suppliers, LaRue being one that comes immediately to mind. These kinds of gestures to me are worth their weight in gold and hopefully are to to the vendor. They cement my loyalty and future business and ensure that I steer additional business their way.

I frequently try to steer new people on this forum to shop at the radio buttons at the top of this page for a couple of reasons. For one, these companies support this site. That is worth something to each and every one of us, it is only fair that we reciprocate. Another is that these vendors are to some extent vetted. They have passed muster with the senior members of this site in order to have that little radio button, kind of a M4C seal of approval so that "we" can shop with confidence. That too is worth something to all of us.

groobash
02-02-11, 21:54
A company can't buy good will like this thread. Good on them, and smart. I certainly feel good spending more money on their products.

TehLlama
02-02-11, 22:54
Thats awesome. Magpul is pretty amazing. The ONLY thing I wish they WOULDNT make is the Pmags for the stupid ass airsoft guns

Why? That's stupid. Why should I not be able to make one of my training tools not function exactly like my primary firearms?

Whatever your impression or airsoft in general, I know I can shoot excellently at close range, a skill developed by launching dumb little plastic balls at stuff at close range using a toy gun.

I've had them send me out all sorts of spares for a part I wanted to use on a deployment weapon, that I got secondhand and were missing parts. Outstanding service well above what even I was expecting.

I don't feel the least bit bad that i have a quite a few dozen MagPul parts (PTS and otherwise). I'm just running out of places I can install MagPul logos on my rifles...

Beat Trash
02-02-11, 23:11
Last December I noticed some issues with some non-revision f PMAG's I had. Instead of bitching on the internet, I called MagPul's customer service. I got a message stating they were busy and to leave a message. I did, as well as sent an email.

I got a call a two days later. The guy I spoke with sent me replacement magazines along with a shipping label to send him the problem magazines. He didn't even think twice about it.

While a quality product that meets my needs is important to me, the companies willingness to stand behind their product is almost as important.

MagPul has earned my business. While they may not know it, their customer service has also earned them my agencies business. PMAG's are being phased into our Patrol Rifle program.

836byK9
02-02-11, 23:38
Magpul and LaRue are the two main places I deal with, simply because of their customer service. Plus LaRue throws in a bottle of Dillo Dust with your order. Mmmmm

Atchcraft
02-02-11, 23:54
Even a "gee, sorry to hear" that is nice this day and age. Sending the new ASAP is great customer service... The new RSA is like a reach-around! Nice work Magpul!

BCmJUnKie
02-02-11, 23:58
Why? That's stupid. Why should I not be able to make one of my training tools not function exactly like my primary firearms?

Whatever your impression or airsoft in general, I know I can shoot excellently at close range, a skill developed by launching dumb little plastic balls at stuff at close range using a toy gun.

I've had them send me out all sorts of spares for a part I wanted to use on a deployment weapon, that I got secondhand and were missing parts. Outstanding service well above what even I was expecting.
I don't feel the least bit bad that i have a quite a few dozen MagPul parts (PTS and otherwise). I'm just running out of places I can install MagPul logos on my rifles...

Hey sorry if I have offended you. Im sure if you have found a way to train with airsoft and it works for you then I support your training, I dont exactly see it the same way you do, but I could have an open mind about it. I take seriously the opinions of my peers on M4C. Once again I apologize for the offense;)

Fire
02-03-11, 00:00
I cracked a rear MBUS over torquing the hex screw and then emailed Justin some questions. He offered a free replacement no questions asked. I was like wow and very impressed.

Magpul is the shit.

Eurodriver
02-03-11, 00:57
MagPul has earned my business. While they may not know it, their customer service has also earned them my agencies business. PMAG's are being phased into our Patrol Rifle program.

My battalion has spent $60,000 on PMAGs this year. They're slowly but surely being phased into the Marine Corps as well.

Zhurdan
02-03-11, 08:42
I'd like to throw in also that Noveske Rifleworks and in particular John Noveske has been great with their products in the same way. I know for a fact that Mr. Noveske is very concerned with customer satisfaction.

Keep America Great,
RH01

Magpul is pretty damn awesome when it comes to customer service, as is Noveske.

I bought a 10.5" upper without irons and when it showed up, it had irons on it. I called them to see what they'd like me to do with them. Either ship them back out of pocket for a credit or if they wanted to send a call tag for UPS. Nope, they said it'd cost them more time and money to worry about it than to do nothing at all. I offered to pay, and they said nahh. I finally talked them into letting me pay their cost of the sights. (I just have a hard time accepting things that I didn't pay for). They were very appreciative and said they couldn't believe that someone would actually call about the mistake in their favor, let alone beg to pay for it. They sent me a nice new hat and a rear QD plate with the Noveske logo on it. Good people = good customer service.

.45fmjoe
02-03-11, 09:41
My girlfriend ordered me Art of the Tactical Carbine, Art of the Tactical Carbine 2, Art of the Dynamic Shotgun and Art of the Dynamic Handgun for Christmas straight from Magpul. She ordered, but then received a call from someone who said they were out of stock on AOTTC 1 and she was sad because she wanted to get me the whole set for Christmas. A few minutes later the woman called back, and as my girlfriend tells it, she was so ecstatic. She told my gf she went looking and found a copy, and could complete the order. :)

Everyday3
02-03-11, 09:49
Great company dont mind giving them my money :)

dravz
02-03-11, 10:37
Magpul 4 life

[SAS]Reaver
02-03-11, 11:14
thats awesome. stuff like that keeps me a loyal customer.

Nevermiss
02-03-11, 11:18
I'm glad they are supporting those who need it the most!

Iyyobr
02-03-11, 12:21
Perfect example of why they continue to excel, listen to feedback and make the people that support them happy.
On a side note the shotgun DVD is amazing !!

swampfox1975
02-03-11, 12:27
That's great service and will go far for those looking to buy products from people with good customer service .

ForTehNguyen
02-03-11, 12:29
I got my RSAs and I am extremely pleased with it, easy to hook on and non intrusive to the rest of the accessories.

caelumatra
02-03-11, 12:32
Terrific to hear!

ASH556
02-03-11, 12:59
I'll tell you guys something, I work in a small-medium sized shop/range in an Atlanta Suburb, and we invested in a flat-screen TV with built-in DVD player and roll the Magpul videos 10am-10pm everyday. Not only are we selling the DVD's, but guys are watching them, and then buying Magpul gear for their rifle. What Magpul has successfully done is commercialize what was fomerly an elitist culture...much the same way AAC has in the NFA world. That's a good thing for all of us! In the firearms business, an educated consumer is your best customer. Magpul's DVD's promote this and then they back it up with kick-ass customer service.

stifled
02-03-11, 13:04
I think I need to start a thread about having trouble staking an ASAP plate... :D

BCmJUnKie
02-03-11, 13:16
:DI cant wait till the new video comes out!! It looks awesome

ssracer
02-03-11, 13:34
Love to hear companies going above and beyond to do right by their users

eternal24k
02-03-11, 14:37
excuse me while i go mangle some magpul products and start a thread.,...