PDA

View Full Version : Magpul 40 or 45 Round mag. When?

blasternank
02-02-11, 19:33
I thought they were coming out with them in October along with possibly some type of drum mag. Then since they blew that date I thought they'd bring something out at the shot show but that was another disappointment.

Has anyone heard anything? Just curious.

thanks.

infidelprodigy
02-02-11, 20:34
Chatted with buddy at magpul last week. He told me the 40 rd Pmag has taken a bit of a backseat to some other products but is still in the pipline. He said maybe by the end of this year if everything goes according to plan......

TehLlama
02-02-11, 22:59
I wouldn't expect them near term - they are back burner items, and MP won't churn them out until they're happy with how it works, AND they've figured out how to meet a significant part of the Huge demand there will be for them.

Ak44
02-02-11, 23:11
I would rather wait a few Quarters for an awesome Magpul product, than a rushed job with problems...:cool:

CoryCop25
02-02-11, 23:23
I think Magpul did a positive thing when they stopped letting the industry know about their "coming soon" items. If Magpul is going to stay consistent with their quality than they need to release the product AFTER it has been tested in the field and meets their standards. An item that is rushed simply because the consumer wants it now is not going to help Magpul if it goes tits up at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Make cool stuff, test it and then tell me it's available. I'll wait.

JSantoro
02-03-11, 11:56
CoryCop has the right of it.

This is not a bust on anybody, merely food for thought: Folks starting threads of this nature is EXACTLY the reason that Magpul and other companies no longer release info about forthcoming products until they are on the verge of actual commercial release.

What happened is that far, far too many of the public...mostly impatient pricks with a Silly-Straw chromosome...decided that a promo info release in some way automatically made the company in question their bitch, and a bitch that owed them something. Once a spec'd release date passed (regardless of prominantly-displayed modifiers like estimated, likely, projected in front of a given date, or a date that's referred to in terms of a given fiscal quarter...) their thoughts immediately ran to "Well, the release date's passed and I haven't heard anything, howdaretheyI'macustomerIhaverightsthissuckswaaaaaaaaaaa!"

The idea that an item may not have been released because it may not be ready from a technical or engineering standpoint never seemed to cross the feeble minds of these people, who are, in addition to feeble-minded, the most vocal and shrill.

Ergo, they ruined it for everybody else, and it was a smart move on the part of the vandors, because I now for a fact that I certainly hate being nagged or having somebody hover over me while I work; imagine a couple hundred thousand dumbasses who have external genetalia and are therefore supposed to know better doing it to you over the internet. THAT'S why nobody knows anything since the initial word.

Again, don't anybody get their back up. I'm not pointing fingers or calling anybody names, I'm simply just saying why the manufacturers have mostly gone dark. Throwing out teasers only created a galactic-level headache for them because our society has instant-gratification and entitlement issues on all social strata and within all subcultures.

I'm amazed it took them so long, and that they didn't hire vans full of Irish Catholic nuns to motor around (wearing Lord-Humongous-masked habits of armored leather and sporting "Born to Raise Lazarus" tribal tattoos), handing out yardstick-whoopins to get the whining to stop.

BCmJUnKie
02-03-11, 12:06
I would rather wait a few Quarters for an awesome Magpul product, than a rushed job with problems...:cool:
EXACTLY!! Everyone remembers what happened with windows Vista lol

blasternank
02-03-11, 22:07
CoryCop has the right of it.

This is not a bust on anybody, merely food for thought: Folks starting threads of this nature is EXACTLY the reason that Magpul and other companies no longer release info about forthcoming products until they are on the verge of actual commercial release.

What happened is that far, far too many of the public...mostly impatient pricks with a Silly-Straw chromosome...decided that a promo info release in some way automatically made the company in question their bitch, and a bitch that owed them something. Once a spec'd release date passed (regardless of prominantly-displayed modifiers like estimated, likely, projected in front of a given date, or a date that's referred to in terms of a given fiscal quarter...) their thoughts immediately ran to "Well, the release date's passed and I haven't heard anything, howdaretheyI'macustomerIhaverightsthissuckswaaaaaaaaaaa!"

The idea that an item may not have been released because it may not be ready from a technical or engineering standpoint never seemed to cross the feeble minds of these people, who are, in addition to feeble-minded, the most vocal and shrill.

Ergo, they ruined it for everybody else, and it was a smart move on the part of the vandors, because I now for a fact that I certainly hate being nagged or having somebody hover over me while I work; imagine a couple hundred thousand dumbasses who have external genetalia and are therefore supposed to know better doing it to you over the internet. THAT'S why nobody knows anything since the initial word.

Again, don't anybody get their back up. I'm not pointing fingers or calling anybody names, I'm simply just saying why the manufacturers have mostly gone dark. Throwing out teasers only created a galactic-level headache for them because our society has instant-gratification and entitlement issues on all social strata and within all subcultures.

I'm amazed it took them so long, and that they didn't hire vans full of Irish Catholic nuns to motor around (wearing Lord-Humongous-masked habits of armored leather and sporting "Born to Raise Lazarus" tribal tattoos), handing out yardstick-whoopins to get the whining to stop.

I was just wondering what was going on and if they have another projected date. I've done plenty on the manufacturing side and realize what goes into it. I am just curious if anyone has had any updates or insight as it gives me something to look forward to and plan for. I know you said it wasn't pointed at anyone but I thought I'd share my curiosities not because I have "External Genitalia".