PDA

View Full Version : I need Lower Advice...

TedG
02-02-11, 20:36
BCM sent me an email today. They have some uppers in stock. I purchased a 20" military profile rifle upper with a BCG. I presently have an N4 and I want a full length rifle. Now, that the upper is on the way, I need to get a quality lower. A BCM lower is certainly an option, but I would like to know what else is suggested. I have looked at LMT, Spikes, Noveske, Black Rain, DTI, Sun Devil and others. Some are billet, most are forged.

Which lower should I get for my BCM upper? Thanks for your help.

:confused:

Hmac
02-02-11, 20:50
Likely a billet lower would be unnecessary weight and expense. Probably any of those in your list would be fine. I'm a big fan of Noveske lowers. I think they have pretty high QC standards.

chadwick76
02-02-11, 21:27
This if it was me
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STSL&name=Spike's+Tactical+AR15+Lower+Receiver&groupid=142

Hammertime
02-02-11, 21:42
Might as well get the BCM to match, or whatever else tickles your fancy. In my mind, a lower is a lower. I believe most, if not all, of the ones you listed don't manufacture their own. Just buy something you like the looks of that has a good reputation. Good luck and let us see the finished result.

eo500
02-02-11, 22:15
I'd go with a blemished BCM lower from G&R. From the pics I've seen, the flaws are barely noticeable, and you save about $90 on a top notch lower.

markm
02-02-11, 22:30
I can't see any reason to buy a Billet lower. I try to find good forged lowers locally available without retarded logos.... animals, cartoon characters, etc.

crusader377
02-03-11, 13:00
This if it was me
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1STSL&name=Spike's+Tactical+AR15+Lower+Receiver&groupid=142

+1 on the Spikes. I have been very impressed with my spikes gen 1 that I purchased for $65 last year. If you are not going to purchase a BCM Lower to go with your upper, I would look very hard at a Spikes or Aero Precision. Both of them a good quality lowers that normally cost between $70 to $80.

swampfox1975
02-03-11, 13:16
Any "IN SPEC" lower should be just fine. There are alot of them out there and I have personally used aeroprecision, mega, S&W, dpms, RRA, spikes, DSA, and aimsurplus. All of these turned out the same way in the end. As long as it's in spec it doesn't matter.

SilentReaper66
02-03-11, 14:31
This was $100

chadbag
02-03-11, 14:33
I can't see any reason to buy a Billet lower. I try to find good forged lowers locally available without retarded logos.... animals, cartoon characters, etc.

I agree with you on a practical standpoint.

I do however have a few billet receivers myself. The lend a "personal" touch to the gun as they tend to be unique looking. So if you want a different look, billet can give you that.

Having said that, most of what I have were the least expensive quality forged receivers. My newest go-to gun I am breaking in is a standard DD lower.

BCmJUnKie
02-03-11, 14:39
Im running a BCM on a spikes lower. LOVE IT! I also had a 20" that i was running a bushmaster lower on. Never had any problems with that. Spikes and BCM you cant go wrong with if you ask me. Ive seen some pretty cheap ones from Del-Ton, DSarms, Not really sure how good they are.

Quentin
02-03-11, 17:39
Since you went with a BCM upper I don't see any reason not to go with a BCM lower. If you're just wanting to save money then go with the BCM blem and as mentioned earlier.

Nothing wrong with a mutt but why not get pedigree papers instead! :D

BCmJUnKie
02-03-11, 17:43
Since you went with a BCM upper I don't see any reason not to go with a BCM lower. If you're just wanting to save money then go with the BCM blem and as mentioned earlier.

Very good advice

Militant83
02-03-11, 17:51
LMT pairs up nice with BCM its what i used on my build.

But BCM, Spikes, Noveske are all also good options.

TedG
02-03-11, 19:47

I bought a BCM lower to go with the BCM upper.

nobody knows
02-03-11, 20:04
To me a lower is a lower. As long as its in spec you're gtg. Me personally I love billet lowers, especially the black rain lower. But they are waaaay to expensive. Mega makes a nice billet lower for the same price as one of the higher end companies forged lowers. So that's the way I went. But any of the companies you listed would work.good luck post up wen you decide.

BCmJUnKie
02-03-11, 20:11
To me a lower is a lower. As long as its in spec you're gtg. Me personally I love billet lowers, especially the black rain lower. But they are waaaay to expensive. Mega makes a nice billet lower for the same price as one of the higher end companies forged lowers. So that's the way I went. But any of the companies you listed would work.good luck post up wen you decide.

I agree....Lowers, except for Plumcrazy and any other poly lower. Not really into those

dravz
02-03-11, 22:07
Mega has always been my first choice, but in spec is in spec.